Fixed Internally ENC AA Beguiler's Directed Banishment

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tiqou, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Tiqou Elder

I have a max level Enc on live server with max AA.
    I started a new lvl 85 Enc on Miragul server with Auto grant AA so with 4/7 rank for this aa.

The punt distance is not the same: the mob is pushed far away with the level 85 one.
  2. kizant Augur

It's been like that since 2017 and it was probably a bug fix. The spell data has always said 16 units, which isn't very far, and it definitely used to punt more than that. It would be nice if they could at least increase the distance to 24 or something. It really is kind of annoying how short the distance is.
    Tiqou and Kamilah like this.
  3. Tiqou Elder

I just tested with companion relocation: the punt distance is higher on Miragul server also.
    Seems like something is not updated with this new server.
    Too bad, I was hoping for a 'un-nerf' of this on live servers after 2.5 years, especialy with lots of un-mezable mobs in ToV.
  4. Nniki Augur

I noticed it with other punt abilities too. It was definitely 2017, as I first noticed it when punting the lavabombs in the task Sarnak Among Us. They could be punted farther back at the start of the EoK expansion than later on.

Edit: I reported it on the issue tracker on June 4th, 2017.
    kizant likes this.
  5. niente Developer

I tested all 7 ranks of the AA and they push the same distance. Can you clarify, are you saying it used to be farther in 2017? Or that rank 4 pushes the correct distance on Miragul?
  6. Tiqou Elder

The push distance is longer on Miragul compared to live servers, for all the punts (Banishments, Companion Relocation, others).

Something went wrong with the 4/19/17 patch concerning this and strangely enough the new Server is not affected.
  7. Fire_Wiz New Member

Don't talk about enchanters on these forums, potato head.
  8. niente Developer

That's odd, I tested this on Miragul (in the arena) and the distance is the same as other servers. What zone are you testing in?
  9. Tiqou Elder

Choose a mob in (new) Feerrott, punt it twice or 3 times, check the distance compated to a tree for exemple. Log in to live servers, stay at the same spot, do the same, compare the distance to the same immobile obj. The difference is obvious.
  10. kizant Augur

Unless I was imagining things a couple days ago. I think this has been fixed. Anyone else notice the distance has increased on live?
  11. RPoo Augur

I tried to find the thread where a dev posted that it's based off of the number of ___ in zone. I've been using but have not paid much attention to the distance lately.
  12. Duder Augur

Yes, it was stated by a dev not even long ago(cannot remember which) that for some reason punts calculate punt distance based on how many people were in the zone. Its very evident in packed zones.
    RPoo likes this.