Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Community Manager

I want to take a minute to thank you all for chiming in, there isn't any news to share right now. But if there is in the future I will let you all know.
    code-zero and Hdizzle like this.
  2. Anselmo New Member

Remove truebox as it stands now, but modify it to only 3 accounts simultaneously on the server.

Would eliminate most of the 6 box problem, all of the 30+ bot armies, but allow people to box effectively. 2 and 3 boxers are the vast majority of people that do box, and for the most part, do not disrupt things too drastically for those that prefer not to box.

Everyone wins.

Also, put this up for a vote on current truebox servers. You'll get an actual idea of how people active on them feel about it.

-Anselmo
    WaitingforMoreEQ likes this.
  3. That0neguy Augur

The current technology to limit people to 1 doesn't even work. What makes you think it is possible for them to actually make any sort of X number limit?
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's more or less that a lot of people believe the GMs are incapable of telling the difference between someone 6 boxing legit and someone botting or using 3rd party. Which ends up with the GMs doing nothing. At the same time i can't imagine how they wouldn't be capable distinguishing between 3 people 2 boxing vs a 6 boxer or 30 people raiding vs 30 toons being boxed by 1 or 2 people.

It's also possible that they just don't care.
  5. Leifer Augur

TLP's brought me back to EQ. Truebox then drove me back away. Spending most of my limited time LFG or putting one together and traveling just isn't fun anymore.
    Brutalis-trak likes this.
  6. That0neguy Augur

Using GM's to police a boxing limit would be a terrible idea if that's what you are suggesting.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

They're already doing that on truebox, 1 pc 1 toon. This would just lower the amount of "proof" needed for a GM to take action. It would eliminate the box armies and massively reduce the 6 box RMT crews. While allowing more people to do the 2-3 box thing that they like and isn't really a problem.
  8. That0neguy Augur

GM's are not going around policing truebox. They are trying to policy automation (and usually failing).
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Can confirm this is false. Know people who were suspended 7 days on Selo for the former.

Either way it's really easy to tell the difference between 18 boxes and 18 people. It's quite an easy solution too the problem of mass boxing.
  10. Gremin Augur

Having played on LJ from the start then transferring DHS guild to RF after we defeated PoR on LJ, I can tell you that the 6 month unlocks did hurt our populations along with voting. What hurt our populations the most though was the lack of foresight by Daybreak Games on how many people would actually want to play a TLP after almost 5 years of a new one coming out. Both servers where overloaded beyond capacity. Daybreak constantly saying AoC where not possible and then all of a sudden look a new server called Phinigal with AoCs. Of course RF/LJ population is going to take a big hit, its something new and exciting where everyone not just the upper tier raid gear can raid now. I sat on the Lockjaw lawyerfest rotation for way to many hours listening to people argue over who gets what then filtering it down to my people. That is the reason RJ/LJs population are so low not to mention that all servers in the past see population dips once particular expansions hit like GoD/PoR etc.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Please tell me what tools a GM has to determine if I'm physically using multiple PC's or not.
    Machen likes this.
  12. Mashef Augur

I think it could be really fun if you found a way to limit the instances of the game to 3 and left in the AOC's. If everyone just 6 boxes or more it becomes an automated solo play game. Not sure it is possible but finding a way to manage this would be essential to longevity.

Also if it were anything remotely close to Mangler or Selo in terms of other rules there is no interest.
  13. Vicus Augur

They do have tools to now. I also know people that got suspended for 7 days. Previously you would just be disconnected if you used something that wasnt allowed. Now it says virtual machines are not allowed among other things. They did make some updates but honestly not enough.
  14. Vicus Augur

15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Could just add AoC to Live Servers & Ragefire/Lockjaw at this point & make a number of the non-Truebox advocates happy.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  16. Eonan Nanoe New Member

I could argue that True Box should realistically be disabled on all servers once you hit around TSS era. I'm definitely a fan of it up until that point though.
  17. Lisard Silly

True-box code is silly and stupid in its purpose and implementation. It does not stop RMT (bots) or Boxers, all it did was limit the amount of people able to do it. why shoot yourselves in the foot when you could be making more $ from all the people who only have 1 computer but would sub 1-12 accounts to box on those tlps.

True-box code is pointless as everybody on TLP is boxing anyways. what does it matter how you box accounts? 1 computer or 12...lol.

just turn the true-box code off on the new miragul server, its already crashed and burned.
  18. Alekzandre Augur

It is possible, easy actually.
  19. That0neguy Augur

I guess we should get rid of all of our laws and rules because none of them are 100% effective either.
  20. Machen New Member

The police in my town do not enforce certain laws. In particular, they will never issue a ticket for parking facing the wrong direction on the street.

Guess what the result is? Hardly anyone obeys the law.