The EverQuest Show - Interview with Holly Longdale

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Oct 16, 2019.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's my understanding that they used Visual Source Safe once upon a day. As with any source control tool these files are 'checked out', 'checked in', with a variety of features and logging built in.

But like the story about the original Freeport files, supposedly they were corrupted, overwritten, the physical backups of the source safe were lost or 'changed hands', or something.

Maybe someone will clarify, but they have always tried to keep all iterations of files they work on for obvious reasons.
  2. Laronk Augur

Oh i was just kidding, the early 2000's was a different time storage was more expensive and backups were less robust.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

My only complaint about your show is just that I wish there were more episodes and it took less time to release them but obviously that's a very minor issue and I completely understand why that's not the case.

Thank you for the entertaining and interesting content. Looking forward to more of it.
  4. LesserArchi Elder

Hi there Fading,

I do not have much to offer but have few ideas though.

To get the people to watch and help with the EQ show.
    First best thing is to get few volunteers from each servers.
    Just about anybody interested in helping, have some spare time will do.

To do a research on servers for the guild contacts, guild leaders, officers, etc. (large and small).
    To spread the word that there is an EQ Show out there.
    Ask them to drop a line in the guild notification to look for EQ Show.
    (hopefully this isn't too much to ask to a guild)
    Probably best way to reach the greater audience.

And go from there.

I would love to see your EQ show grow to have 2 or 3 good commentators hosting the show frequently.
    Whatever interesting ideas and contents they might be.

My wish list on the hosting the show ideas are:
    1. Raiding - each raid starts from Classic, one raid at a time/show.
    Well edited video with commentators, etc.
    (I love to see them because I have not been in the raiding guild, I have participated in some raids but not many though. left the EQ1 when EQ2 and WoW came out, stopped playing for a long time and come back to EQ1 in late 2017. It was very, very confusing but got used to it and like it now.)

2. Newbie Dumb Mistakes - I love this thread in DB board. ( can't remember what exact title it was under)
    Which could turn this into a good show, imo.
    If successful, then repeat this into several episodes.

Honestly, I was not expecting anything from EQ Show.
    I was very hesitant to look up your show when I heard about it.
    But was very delighted that I have watched recently.

Archi
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. Kaponen Lorekeeper

Awesome work Fading! What a great interview, keep up the good work, and thanks for posting!

Kontra
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Getting impatient waiting for the next one. :)
  8. Fading Illusion Augur

Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.

Here's a little update. I still have LOTS of interview content from DBG to put into upcoming episodes.

I was really hoping to get an episode out in early November, but unfortunately, that timetable doesn't look feasible with RL right now.

However, know I am working on future episodes and I have LOTS left to show you.

I hope to ramp up episode frequency as the expansion gets close to launch. Maybe 1 episode every 2 weeks instead of 1/month.

But alas, it's just me working on the show, so I'll do my best!

Fading
    Nniki, Elyssanda, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  9. Fooba Augur

Anybody else read Fading's posts in the Fading Everquest Show voice?
  10. Catashe Augur

Such a tease! ;)
    Fading Illusion likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think there is a real appetite for the quality of stuff you put out Fading, keep up the great work I really enjoy what you do & hope your RL situation continues to allow you to keep putting out such good material.

Best EverQuest related content I have seen, I can't wait for the next instalments.
    Fading Illusion likes this.