Miragul - Ghost Town?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Flop, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Kadazic New Member

I don't see how AOCs make any difference on a server starting at HoT. All raid content for the past many expansions is instances, all raid content going forward is instances. Group content doesn't get AOCs. Why does it matter?
  2. code-zero Augur

People going back to do things like Epic's may benefit though I don't know if it would be that much of a problem. I suppose some assortment of clowns might take it upon themselves to grief people doing epics just as they did on the other TLP servers
    Yinla likes this.
  3. VandilIzer Augur

Epics, Tribute items, Farming SSRA Emp / Seru mounts (so you have the 75 Vel speed mounts), farming tradeskill items, sdoing old world bosses just for fun.

My guild has done "races" as a guild event many many times on Phinny, we pick teams from 20+ people then give them a list of old world targets, they are trivial to kill but the goal is whichever team kills all the targets first wins. Can't do that without AoC's since they will be farmed in OW by random people and both teams couldn't hit both targets.

Is it minor? Sure, but it still has some relevance and in the same regard what difference does it make to turn them on for people who want to farm old world stuff?
  4. Machen New Member

No AoC is completely irrelevant on a server that starts in HoT.

The only thing they are missing is the ability to go back and do raids from classic to pop using AoC, and there isn't a single thing that drops from those raids that will be useful to level 85 heroic characters.

Once you are past PoP, AoC's are not important as all raids are instanced anyway.
  5. Montag Augur

I think you underestimate how many people enjoy going back and roflstomping old raid bosses, as evidenced by them being always dead on non-AOC servers.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

You have a bunch of servers where you can do that. Consider rolling on Phinigel--it will take you about two hours to level up enough to be able to roflstomp all the aoc raids.
  7. Montag Augur

The fact that a server rule exists on another server doesn’t mean people are wrong for wanting it on their server.

I think people want to do this sort of thing with their current chars and on their current server and I’m kind of surprised that isn’t obvious to everyone and that you’d really think your suggestion was useful to anyone.

Anyway, the fact that all the old world raid mobs are dead all the time on the live servers I play on leads me to think a good many people enjoy killing them.

It’s a small ask that adds fun. There’s nothing wrong with this sort of request.
  8. code-zero Augur

My wizard solo'd most of the Epic 2.0 at level 100 and it was just amazingly fun. The roughest part was the anguish orb and one day someone advertised for people to join an anguish raid so that they could solo it themselves. Zoned in to loot an orb that would have otherwise rotted and then cleared a bunch of trash for the inviter. Lots of fun :)

That was the only item that I didn't solo
  9. Machen New Member

I don't mind people asking for it, and I agree it would be nice if they added it. I was responding to the guy who said he wouldn't play on Miragul just because it doesn't have aoc's. That, in my opinion, is ridiculous. But to each his own, I guess.
    VandilIzer and Montag like this.
  10. Montag Augur

Oh gee, sorry, yeah i don’t think it’s a make it or break it issue for many people. Though I do think it’d help keep people around during lulls.
  11. Machen New Member

The only one of those that even has an AoC version is the mage gloves from VT (and even then, only if you don't want to try to catch it up in open world VT.) I won't say you're dumb as hell, that would be flaming. But if you are going to call me dumb as hell, you'd better not cite a ton of irrelevant "facts."
  12. SunDrake Augur

It doesn't bother me either way. I think there are likely a lot of people eyeing this server almost purely from a 'My God, I could solo Trakanon..' kind of perspective, though. Depends if you wanna throw those people a possible reason to roll here. They will see there isn't really much to be said about farming classic content from raid mobs, and perhaps look at what other play options there are at 85.

One other potential bonus to AoCs would be for Achievements later on. I believe its TBL evolves that require full PoP achievements? On down the line, of course, but that is way easier when you can pop an instance [doesn't apply to any servers that exist right now.]
  13. Machen New Member

Except AOC's do not let you solo Trakanon. You need six characters to trigger the AoC. Which, interestingly enough, you can't do without multiple computers on Miragul.
    Dythan likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

I played HoT and it is definitely nowhere near the upper middle of EQ expansions in ranking, much less the top. UF, RoF, CotF, TDS, TBM, etc are all better newer expansions by a mile. HoT is boring in content, itemization, and so on. If you like it, good for you, but there's nothing wrong with others saying how much they don't.
  15. Ootax Augur

Assuming they have 5 others toons or know 5 other players to get the instance these people would be no benefit to the server anyway if that is the only thing they are looking to do. I think people are freaking out over nothing, it's not like everyone is going to go back and farm a bunch of old world stuff at the same time.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Achievements, Epics, Fun factor, nostalgia, alts ... I can probably come up with 20 more if you would like. Also most AOC's can be triggered with 3 characters + 3 mercs. Also on the epic side, Epic ornamentation's are a big thing for a lot of people. Most live serves the first 5 islands in Sky are perma dead, Fear and Hate are cleared daily, ALL of the dragons that drop epic parts are dead 5 min after they pop on most servers. AND ... most Multiquesting has been nerfed. So unless you loot it, you cant have it.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

The real question is, what is the downside to having AOC's?

Maybe the only reason is so that this will not be the sole Live server to capture every new Live player. I can't think of a good reason to leave out AOC's after they've been nothing but an absolute success.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Some things people typically use AOC's for even after 70+.... AoN's, dragon weight reduction bags, COF for twinks, epic pieces and turn in mobs, clickies... probably some other junk.
  19. Icaen Elder

Sure if they've played it, it's fine to have that opinion. It sounded like the poster I quoted had not.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would love to see AoC added to every live server as well as Miragul, I think they are a feature which was needed on TLP that started in classic but as a Quality of Life thing for players on servers which have long passed that era they are still a great feature & add value to the game.

I recently shrouded down to 50 & went & 2 boxed Naggy & Vox - since I didn't start on the server until Gates of Discord unlocked I hadn't actually fought them at the original level before, it was fun, the loot didn't even matter - that's an experience I might have been able to have without AoC but with them I was able to have that experience on my own schedule without interruption & challenge myself as much or as little as I wanted to.

As others have said there isn't a downside (from the player side) I am hopeful the additional load on the servers would be negligible.
    Xanathol likes this.