Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. code-zero Augur

This is a regularly presented idea and it is just as dumb now as it was the very first time that it was presented. Krono are doing EXACTLY what they were meant to do.

I have been playing for the entire life of EQ and I remember the constant complaints of people having an Ebay'd character that was power leveled and sold on a mainstream e-commerce site and geared up from sellers on that same site.

Of course Krono turn up on the rmt sites but the fact is that having an item with a real world value (30 days of game time) did a great deal to discourage the temptation to log in to some shifty rmt site to buy gear.
    Skuz and Dythan like this.
  2. Aelivaa New Member

Working fulltime and also having RL responsibility is what keeps me from attempting any truebox server, since i also try to keep with the spirit of these server and do not circumvent that limitation.

Going with the original question of this thread, truebox is the only thing that keeps me from playing EQ at the moment (F*** WoW, and beeing euro based doesn't really work out on current TLPs).

To me beeing able to play / box multiple characters does not only allow to progress without having to find others (which i do enjoy a lot, but tend to lack the time overall), it also enables to start a group and replace boxes as needed.

And no I am not aiming for any RMTing or hogging any camp.

So i'd definatly be back on a server without Truebox and starting not further along as GoD.
    Optionally AoCs and maybe FV trade-rules would be the icing on the cake
  3. Trex Journeyman

This thread just seems pointless and another showing from DBG that they act like they care but really don't. This could be a very interactive thread with the devs explaining what they can, can't do, like to see, thoughts they have been having but instead it was a super vague post that everyone else has posted blindly on. DBG will just pick a couple ideas out of this thread and launch a new server and say "We listened and gave you what you wanted", when obviously most people won't want what they provide.

Miragul is that example. A good idea that would of been amazing if they listen to us. Adding heroic characters to Phinny during Hot would of been 100 times better then releasing a new server that you do nothing to promote. No emails to prior subscribers, no advertisements on mmo sites, heck you can't even add it to your own twitter site. These sound decisions are why you have to close departments often and only make headlines because of the people you are firing, not because of the games you are releasing. Only time you see DBG in the news is because of firings or closing of games. Canceling Everquest next was DBG biggest headline as a company.

241 replies to this thread and 13 pages and the only dev interaction is the starting post trying to gauge the "interest" in a non-truebox server. You already knew people were interested by the strong blowback for releasing another Truebox server. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was only created not because they cared what we thought, but to just have all the people who have been starting angry threads a place to vent so they have less disappointed post titles. If that is the case, then good job because at least that would of been a good idea. But I am going to guess it's just a lucky side-effect.
    Bobbybick and Icaen like this.
  4. Flop New Member

Hammer? Meet nail.

You nailed that right on the head man, couldn’t of said it better myself.
  5. MarttinPH Augur

Amazing and
    Amazing and well thought out post. I had the same idea that this sticky post was only created to prevent 100 threads about wanting a regular non-truebox server. I believe this argument is more salient when you think about the timeline required to put in a new server. I mean, Dave the server hamster can only do so much. Let's throw out November as a possible launch for a non-truebox server, it is way too close. We can also eliminate December, January, and February. These months will be dedicated on the new Expansion, and the release of each tier of raid each month.
    My guess that that they might do a non-truebox server for next years new server list. So expect new information of what they were already going to do in February, and the release of the server in March.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Spoiler alert DBG can see from this thread that a non-truebox TLP wouldn't work.
  7. butydoe New Member

So another server TRUEBOX while i watch players run around with groups of autobots. GG Sony , well played. Another truebox without any display of true box. Really out did yourselves
    Icaen likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they could find a way to stop all the botting so real boxers 1 - 6 accounts could play on 1 computor it could happen. It is those botting that cause all the problems.

But that happens on all servers.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's not just the botting, you're just kidding yourself. Even a lot of the people that want truebox gone don't want 6 boxers around. Stopping botting isn't ever gonna happen on a non-truebox server.
  10. ForumBoss Augur

ideal server for me: free trade loot rules, AoC, non-truebox, start anywhere from velious-tss. Selos XP rate, 6-10 week unlock, double faction, half lockout, double loot nice to have.
  11. Gesiah Elder

I am in support of a non-truebox server with AoC's reasonable xp rates.
  12. Dorris New Member

I am interested in a none true box server with AoC.

Dissapointed this wasnt Miragul. I will keep checking back on EQ in case you decide to do a non true box server. Can't see myself playing on Miragul with true box rules.
  13. Xanathol Augur

I would pay double current subscription rates for a non-Truebox TLP with all classes open in Classic, typical 3 month releases, FV loot rules, and a real GM presence to stop the botters / cheaters.
    oldkracow likes this.
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Would you pay triple?
  15. MarttinPH Augur

Just curious, do you mean you will pay double for each account to have access to this server? How many accounts did you intend to activate to play on this server?
  16. Krysanth Elder

true box makes sense after PoP. After that it really needs to get scrapped. It should already be off of Selos.

SoE will stick to their guns on this on Selos even if the servers die because of it.
  17. code-zero Augur

I have highlighted in red the things that DBG has said that they'd never, ever do so don't ask. It was in the AMA on FoH's board which has been linked here several times.

Yellow is stuff that would mess up all other servers if attempted.

As for [QUOTE]real GM presence to stop the botters / cheaters[/QUOTE] well I don't know. How do you know what they are currently doing? Do they send you reports of everyone that they have suspended/banned? You're just assuming that they do nothing and that's pretty much that. I've heard several times from friends playing on both Selo and Mangler of entire guilds disappearing and people admitting that they were in one of the affected guilds. Just because you imagine bots behind every rock doesn't mean that they are there and nothing is being done.

Any game company has the problem that their software is in the hands of their enemy and DBG isn't different.
  18. Kywen Augur

Quoting myself and making a suggestion here in case others with the same issue find this in the future... I found a few posts from people having the identical problem and some were able to partially alleviate the disconnects by assigning static IP address to their EverQuest computers. I have now done this and I don't know if it will help, but doesn't hurt to try.
  19. Trex Journeyman

Blizzard said they wouldn't make a classic server....and they did....Money talks. Not only that but their new expansion has a ton of "classic" changes added to it. If people want it....and it's successful DBG shouldn't be a rooted tree forbidding to budge. Unless they don't want money. I would also pay double for all that he requested (minus FV loot).
  20. code-zero Augur

My understanding was that premium service servers generate far more headaches and customer service issues than money.