Marketing Feedback / Which Expansion are You Buying and Why

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morigaine, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Venedar Lorekeeper

What I wonder is; "Full Suit of Gnomish apperance gear" something exclusive for F&F or can you attain it somewhere else during special offers / limited periods? The armor ornaments could be cool if it was something you can only get once...
  2. Tanise Elder

I'll probably start with 6-9 standard. And then if the portal clicker is worth it, I'll upgrade 1 account to collectors, maybe 2 others to premium. The stratos portal is useless so I'm hesitant to buy upgrades early. F&F was really a disappointment. Expected but still a let down.
  3. Mintalie Augur

The general consensus seems to be that DBG got the pricing structure wrong. Myself amongst many others really want to buy the F&F but it's cost prohibitive. At $200 I think they would have seen a ton more sold. Love the concept, particularly with the preponderance of boxers out there, but I have to pass.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Flat Toad Elder

Collector: ***Stat mount..pocket TP...Sack(notice marketplace quit selling the bigguns)...Distillers...and, yes those xp pots (2 years made ye forget the yaggonies of climbing 5 more mountains, pilgrim?) heheh
    ***Just cumulative value from the mishmash, really: nickels..dimes..quarters... cheeseburger!!
  5. Drayman Elder

Jesus, all the people buying 9-12 copies! No wonder general chat is empty and there are no groups to be had.

I am skipping this one I think.
  6. Bobokin Augur

My family has five accounts. We may get one standard edition. Maybe not even that.

The recent nerfs have caused many players to move on to other games.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I really think multiple tiers of F&F would have been better. Tier 1: 2 standard editions, Tier 2: 1 Standard, 1 collector's, Tier 3: 2 collector's, Tier 4: 1 collector's, 1 premium, Tier 5: 2 Premium, Tier 6: the current F&F with all of the extra goodies.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Standard for my account, and maybe standard for my boxed shaman.

Seems to me that all the benefits have been moved into really pricey upgrades to entice us to buy them. No more preorder bonus, or even artwork for the expansion in the standard version. Having nothing extra in the standard version really makes me want to dig in my heels and take a more critical look at the more expensive options.

Problem is that the bonuses being offered are just as standardized as the spell and AA upgrades we get with level raise expansions, and those bonuses are for things that already have a saturated market. Merc contracts, large bags, illusions, petamorph wands, and mounts are all things we already have, and there are so many options to choose from.

$90 is already high, that's the price where your premium edition ought to be. You may think that you're giving away a great value with these bonuses, but I also realize that these items are purely digital, with a value set by you and their scarcity controlled by you. I don't value those things nearly as highly as you do. I am not interested in paying that much extra, especially since I already have a plethora of illusions, bags, mercs, and mounts to use. You should have come up with something more interesting and unique.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Elyssanda like this.
  9. enclee Augur

I like the Tier structure, but that's probably too many tiers. I think, it would've been best if it was just a straight standard edition bundle with additional copies at a slight discount.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

I have 6 accounts so I bought 2 friends and family and 2 collectors. Covers all 6 and tradeable stuff I can pass out.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Scorrpio Augur

I can buy a premium for myself and PayPal $90 to recipient of my choice for a collectors. They would be short a griffon mount, but get (IMHO) the more useful TP clickie and bag, among other stuff. And it will cost me less than a single F&F.
    And lets be honest , 9 of 10 buyers will be getting the extra for a box account.

Me personally, most likely premium + 2 standard(same as RoS and TBL), thats $210 for DBG. if F&F had one extra ToV ticket, DBG would be getting $250 from me.

Just sayin...
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Lilura Augur

Five accounts, not buying.

1) TBL was a steaming pile of excrement on launch. Won't be fooled again
    2) HATE level cap increases
    3) Plenty of old content to do and still get some exp doing it.

Yeah I know DBG DGAF that I refuse to buy the expec. Maybe this will finally wean me off the game.
    Bobokin likes this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Wouldn't the level cap raise alone increase your ability to hunt in more content, though? The power gain is not slight in AA gains and new spells, where as with a side stepping expansions player power is done more through gear.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

It will literally take 3 days at most.. to finish all ToV progression.

And i myself will be purchasing mulitple F&F expansions.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

The question is.. why cant YOU.. YOURSELF.. wean yourself.. off stuff YOURSELF.. clearly hates ?
  16. enclee Augur

You never heard that EQ was addictive?
  17. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This is well-stated. After being forced to do all the scavenger achievements for the damn shoulders, I have more bags that I know what to do with and really don't use mounts all that often... click for the buff and then reclick periodically when some stupid raid mob ability strips the buff... that's it.

Meh. A few standard editions for me. I won't shell out more money until I see where the portal clicky takes you AND I know that there isn't going to be another one received via progression that I can wait on.
  18. Derd Augur

Honest question: what is your eq day?

Mine is 2 hours twice a week with my set group. One of which due to work logs in up to 1 hour late. Raid nights take up my other allotted eq time. And is that 3 days with end game gear or just group? While we have some current raid gear, including gmm 1, our tank is our worst geared player since he refuses to spend his dkp. Judging from our best guild tank latest info, that he had no chance of moloing trash in tov, im afraid our group is going to see a lot of dying in tov content.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

When I was putting in 84 1/2 hr a week on the oil rigs. I STILL .. was able to login more then 2 hours twice a week..

Thats with 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off work cycle, 12 hour days at work.. WITH .. a 2 hour drive home (if I wanted to go home that night)

You get what you put in.. people get what they deserve.

Good player's are known.. as good player's .. they always will have a grp readily available to them.. no matter the server.. no matter the era of EQ they are in.

Bad player's are equally known.. as bad players .. they will NEVER have a grp readily available to them .. no matter the server .. no matter the era of EQ they are in.. (unless they box an strictly stay to themselves)

Right now .. I am retired from the rigs. My play time is virtually any time I want night / day don't matter. When I had my twin daughters I quit the game until they were able to handle themselves in the house, an then I came back.

Ultimately people can make up any / all excuses they want for this or that .. and ultimately its on THEM to put in what they want to get out of this game we all play as a hobby.
  20. Derd Augur

Thanks for the responce whulf, one of the reasons i play the hours i do is so i have stuff to do in eq. The other is to sit on my couch with my wife and binge watch tv shows lol. My group is working on finishing up hunter, might be done by release but doubtfull depends on luck with spawns. But we've enjoyed the expansion for most of a year, i cant imagine trying to finish even just merc parti or hero in just three days of straight play. To each his own.