Live Update Bugs 10/16/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Metanis Bad Company

2. Dahaman Augur

An update to this:

The original pet aggro issue went away when logging out (for hours) and logging back in. I thought it was just some fluke. However, it came back again.

I turned off taunt on a mage pet (level 66 air pet) and proceeded to die in a "raid encounter" (not on purpose! :-D) Pet gone. I summoned it back, turned on taunt. And the new pet could not taunt at all. I toggled the setting a few times and it didn't fix it. I logged out and back in (one time only) and that did not fix it. I logged out for an hour and it fixed it.

To Recap:
    - first instance happened logging in after the latest patch, it was an established pet, the "bug" changed settings (guard instead of follow) on other pet toggles too (over two characters), pet aggro bug fixed itself after logging out the mage for hours
    - second instance happened after mage (and pet) death with taunt toggled off, the new pet wouldn't taunt even though the toggle was flipped repeatedly, did not fix with a brief log out and in, did fix with an hours long log out time, no other pet settings altered this time
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I put in a bug for both of these. Thanks.
    Metanis and Nniki like this.
  4. Dahaman Augur

I added a third documented instance of mage pet aggro issues:

To Recap:
    - first instance happened logging in after the latest patch, it was an established pet, the "bug" changed settings (guard instead of follow) on other pet toggles too (over two characters), pet aggro bug fixed itself after logging out the mage for hours
    - second instance happened after mage (and pet) death with taunt toggled off, the new pet wouldn't taunt even though the toggle was flipped repeatedly, did not fix with a brief log out and in, did fix with an hours long log out time, no other pet settings altered this time
    - third instance happened in the Plane of Growth, mage pet was acting fine, logged out for an hour and logged back in, the pet no longer could taunt, it could not out aggro an SK auto attacking nor a shaman casting one DOT (Bane of Nife), normally the pet fights with the SK for aggro and the shaman NEVER gets aggro from the mage pet

(and yes, pet taunt was on each time, 100% guaranteed)

No one else is seeing this issue?
  5. discordkitty Augur

The fix to /pick only targets a single person picking over, but picking as a group has not changed at all and still puts the group exactly where they were when picking over. Kind of defeats the purpose of the change.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

/pick ports you to zone in when you enter a pick zone.

If you go back to the static zone (or get dropped out of a pick) it puts you back where you were. Leading to some unexpected surprises when I went to pick back to the static zone, saw toons zoning and went afk for a minute.
  7. Panache New Member

The Gray Wolf mount from the Gray Wolf Saddle marketplace mount suddenly became super bright after the patch. I thought maybe a setting got changed on my end such as advanced lighting or something, but all seems to be ok, and changing/toggling lighting and shadow options do not seem to fix the issue.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

A further note on this... in the mission "The Bokon High Council" which drops this collection set there is a locked room on the north end of the zone which is populated with mobs as shown on bard track. I sent a mage pet in to kill one of those mobs and it dropped a collectible. Perhaps that room was not intended to be locked?
    Yinla likes this.
  9. NeverPayForLag Augur

Perhaps I have overseen it but:

Divine Resurrection (Cleric AA):
    - it should give 100% rezz and full mana endurance (according to the text)
    - meanwhile it does not give mana/endurance back

Either this has been nerfed (which would be really nasty) and the text description has not been updated or it is a bug.
  10. Havanap Elder

Still an issue

Raid event: Moon Serf of Harmonious Heavens (Esianti raid)
    Situation: Charm some of the snake adds that come from Feather
    What happens: When charmed snake dies, pet window doesn't disappear, ex-pet stays in window seemingly alive.
    What should happen: When charmed snake dies, pet window immediately disappears or is greyed out.
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Missed the zone closing soon message. It dropped me out of a pick zone into static zone, and insta-death.

If a pick is like an evac, can we make a collapsing pick also like an evac?
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Dahaman Augur

There is an issue with Vet Rewards and cooldowns.

I ran into this the first time the day after patch. A couple vet rewards (can't recall which) were on cooldown even though they were NOT used in the prior session. It wasn't that big of an issue, so I didn't report it.

However, I experienced this again this morning. Chaotic Jester was on cooldown on two characters (I have never used it on the two characters) and Staunch Recovery was on cooldown on three characters (I might have used it on one of the characters a couple of months ago). Seeing it happen again is a good time to report it.

The only vet reward that should have been on cooldown, and it was on all three characters, was the XP rez vet reward.

(and my mage's pet still has the intermittent session aggro issue where it stops holding any aggro)
    Duder and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I think the wizard Lower Element is over-writing the scales debuff. For what it's worth. I think we just managed to duplicate this on live.
  14. doah Augur

In Erillion, the city of bronze, you can charm A_Domesticated_braxi and they do not do anything. Not entirely sure these are supposed to be capable of being charmed or even having detrimental effects cast on them.

Also, once you charm them you can't seem to get rid of them even by casting invisible. It seems you can't get rid of these since the charm spell never ticks down on them either.
  15. Absor Developer

It shouldn't be charmable at all. It's a mount and models set as mounts have different rules than everything else. Will fix.
    doah likes this.
  16. doah Augur

Now while you're doing this how about the lev toggle switch in plane of fire. ;)
  17. Starkxx Journeyman

I've seen some other post about mage promised heal lines being bugged & not healing. Weird that its healing the caster & not the pet.

[Fri Nov 08 09:24:11 2019] You begin casting Promised Alleviation Rk. II.
    [Fri Nov 08 09:24:11 2019] Pokemon is promised a spiritual mending.
    [Fri Nov 08 09:24:30 2019] The promise of a spiritual mending is fulfilled. You healed Aventine for 1572 (126596) hit points by Promised Alleviation Trigger II. (Critical)
  18. Duder Augur

I have seen this as well, I even moved buttons or removed them completely to make sure I wasn't hitting them. However, I think it may just be a display error cause I believe last time that occurred I still pushed expedient recovery even though it was red and ticking down 100+hours and it casted it and worked.

Edit - Concerning the pet, I also incur this bug. I have not actually looked to see if its taunting or not. Could be chocked up to pet failing taunts over and over, however, not for an hour ;) Usually toggling taunt off/on works. Sometimes it takes zoning and toggling off/on.