Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That0neguy Augur

Really? based on the amount of "I'm not gonna buy 3 laptops in order to box" threads we see each week. I would judge it a success.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I always interpret "I'm not gonna buy 3 laptops in order to box" as "I'm just gonna do a quick google search instead." But hey, tomato / tomato.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I re-kronoed 3 accounts this week to try to play Selo again. I thought I could go back to trueboxing but it's just too annoying especially when I try to run those mediocre laptops through zones like PoK and Lobby. Give me back the ability to alt-tab to my boxes on TLPs please.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The post below you :p
  5. Montag Augur

Please add AOCs for older content!
  6. Riggles Journeyman

Good bye Everquest. I wanted to play this server, but unless I misunderstood, this is going to be a horrific Truebox. It's dead on arrival. I've enjoyed many years playing this game and wanted to play this one last server. But it is not to be.
  7. EpicGoat New Member

I had really high hopes that this server would be fun, seems like it will be like most truebox progression servers and either you have 12 computers or you will sit LFG. truebox servers are a waste of resources in my opinion. Once again daybreak misses the target. come on Pantheon hurry up and release.
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Phinny's got 100-200 people in general chat most of the time now, with two guilds calling it quits during VoA. One of those is leaving for this new dang server. Another folded (in part) because we were box heavy (20-30 mains, full raids with boxes though) which made T4 VoA content rough with the triggers and true box limitations. I've been through 3 guild splits on the server now, and each time around a third to half of the people end up leaving the server altogether. When the TLP choices you make continually work to splinter our community there's very little incentive to stay invested. How does DBG see the viability of this server going forward? How do y'all feel about server populations continuing to be spread out or not used hardly at all? Why is this the standard rather than trying to revitalize servers?
    Froger and Houseofpain like this.
  9. Garmr Augur

Well said Boze. True box or no true box really doesn’t matter to me, community tho does. Hate to see Phinny dwindling the way it is but it’s that community thing that made me decide after some thinking to leave Garmr behind on Phonny and start again with my guild on Miragul. I think a better idea, rather than a new server to suck people away from the others, would have been to just have Phinny start at 85 with heroic toons. Brings more ppl onto the server and encourages those who want to return to come back as well.

Ah well, was a great run on Phinny and I’ll miss it. Onward to Miragul and a new class this time.
    Houseofpain likes this.
  10. Houseofpain New Member

Yeah i am bummed about leaving Phinny. But i can definitely see why the decision was made to jump ship. Every new progression server dilutes the existing TLP populations. Couple that with almost the entire amout of tlp effort being focused on issues effecting launch though omens, and next to none on the home stretch things just become progressively worse on tlps. The raids are worse for new players and people returning from breaks. Nothing like having fun in sod(tower) and then coming back to a lawman ruuk violation in SS. No real work has been done smoothing out the time sinks meant to keep people busy for a year into a doable thing with 2-3 month unlocks. The underfoot loot doubling was a really nice start. Just not sure the balance between making too easy/ and making it reasonable for the current aging player base with families and responsibilities.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What will be interesting is if they actually ENFORCE the true box rules. I think truebox is only a good thing if diligently enforced.

Though personally I hate anything that might drag players away from the Live servers.
  12. Zalamyr Augur

Enabling the heroic chars on phinny would have been a great idea.
    Skuz, Polekn, Froger and 3 others like this.
  13. Houseofpain New Member

Yes Zalamyr that would have been the far superior route to take
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not for those joining the server, the idea of a fresh server is everyone is equal and no one is playing catch up.

I could play catch up on live server for the same kind of experience I'd get from joining Phinny

*edit* for spelling
  15. Houseofpain New Member

IMH it would still be a superior option even in your regards. On this new server a significant portion of the server will be Phinny drop outs from the last few expansions. people that burned out on Phinny's deteriorating condition. The 85th heroics give a chance to solve some of these issues but at a serious cost. Further dilution of the game population. This will happen again when they clone this server. But had they added the heroics to phinny you would not have the population die off. The same people that burnt out there could have returned plus the rush of new blood trying endless heroics. The idea of not playing catch up now is gonna be meaningless in 6 to a year when this server dies off from endless TLP servers. Not that i am not one of the ones jumping ship hehe
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Machen New Member

These are great questions.

Remove Truebox from Phinny/add heroic characters ala Miragul... Add aoc's to Ragefire, and the need for a new anniversary server or a new non-truebox server would be gone, and these servers would end up far stronger for the long term.
    Skuz and Boze like this.
  17. That0neguy Augur

Doubtful. It would make the existing player base happy. Don't think it will drive flocks of new people to the servers like a new server launch would.
  18. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Maybe a 10 pack of adventure 3 pots to every participant of the raid that beats Arx5 and pushes Fippy to TBM? Something like that
    Boze likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

I suspect it would take a much bigger reward to get that done. But why not throw something big and unique at it?

Perhaps something similar to what they did for Quarm.
  20. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Yeah I was just kinda spit-balling. But you get the idea.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.