Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Makross New Member

Question in regards to the purchase of the new expansion: How many of the previous expansions with this bring me up to with this purchase? will it do all but the last 2 or will i have to buy the others first still?
  2. Diptera Augur

Website says "Access to all previous expansion content included", and if you hover over it, the tooltip says "You will receive all previous expansions, including 2018's The Burning Lands, at the same time you purchase Torment of Velious"
    dreamweaver likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The pre order items have been useless lately so nothing being missed. And preorder gets you into beta.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. Rayvorn Elder

And you are content with that? But just another person who confirms that pre-ordering gives zero benefits over just waiting for a sale.
  5. Rolaque Ancient

Life is full of choices. DB gives you the opportunity to choose however you want, and what you think fits your needs. And I'm not asking anyone to approve or disapprove or comment on any choices I make with how I spend my time or money.
  6. Eladamri Journeyman

Because I am interested too: Is there any chance that a responsable person answers the question about how often this can be traded, please?
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am content with nothing for preorder because what they were willing to give us wasn't worth it at all.

Given my choice we would get a neat and useful item for preorder but then I would have to listen to folks in the forum witch (see what I did their for halloween I changed it to a w) like crazy about how they didn't preorder and want the item we got.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The thing is....EQ2 pre-orders grants an illusion or familiar with a unique (pre-order only) buff. You find few complaints on the EQ2 forums....
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Jaxxon New Member

Anyone else think that $250 for the friends and family is way too much? I just don't think it's worth a standard and a premium, even with the extras. If it had been 2x premium, I can see that being worth it.
    Would of been better off doing a standard with a tradable standard for like $55, or some sort of mix and match.
  10. Eladamri Journeyman

As long as no Dev is willing to give us some information about the question how often you can trade the F&F-pack, I am really sure $250 is way too much…...

Is it really such a huge secret, that DBG is not willing give us this Information?
  11. StinkyVetWarrior Master

I just hit 110, and cannot survive TBL trash; Is there a reason I would buy ToV if I am unable to explore and survive the expansion? I am thinking I will not bother until I am fully raid geared and can easily survive TBL named, maybe next summer?
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There's a thread in the BETA forums that has Dev attention that pertains to what you're asking. There's no NDA, so a Cliff's notes version is they are looking into the difficulty so that not just the best geared players can adventure there. It hasn't even had a tuning pass as of yet as it's early. There's reason to be optimistic this go that they will get it right this go. It's important. :)
  13. Orbital101 Augur

I have done all of TBL with a box team of 6 fully geared with group gear. The cannot survive shouldn't be a thing...
  14. Riou EQResource

Well ToV will give you access to 115, new spells, new AA which should let you continue progressing with the power gains

As for ToV tuning it's prob not close to done since there's still like 6 weeks or so of beta left at least
    Benito likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's impossible for people who have 1-2 group-geared characters and certain classes (e.g. warrior/wizard combo). At a minimum, you need 3 chars (with synergy) and at least 1 J5 merc to do progression. (Free-to-Play are heavily handicapped - as it should be). Some tasks are made much easier with crowd control or even pet tankage. For better or worse, TBL probably shuts out a good chunk of the "solo/molo" (limit guild/friends) player base.
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
  16. blinder Journeyman

This game has *required* a healer/tank since the beginning. If you're playing wiz/war then that's your own fault.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Not necessarily healer/tank. One can argue you can use 2 J5 healer combo with War/Wiz in RoS. It's probably better to run a hybrid group with Beastlord/Bard, Mage/Enchanter. TBL will require 3+ in group-gear so even with a 3 set - War/Wiz boxes as 2 of 3 is not encouraged.

Edit: You probably thought I meant Warrior player and Wizard merc. To clarify, I meant Warrior/Wizard as player boxes.
  18. StinkyVetWarrior Master

ooooh wow look at you, you were able to 6 box all of TBL, that's great! Congratulations on being so awesome, enjoy ToV!

So are you saying my level 110 should not have any problems surviving ToV because you were able to 6 box TBL, or are you saying I should go out and buy a top end gaming PC or two, then start powerleveling 5 other toons so I can be like you and buy ToV once I conquer TBL with my new 6 box team?
  19. Dyna Elder

I am not talking about augs that need perfected remover, but the recovery token probably cost more then the perfected aug remover in DB $ so how would it hurt for it to go to the recovery vender window if I select delete instead of remove by accident as they are very small and close together when removing the augs.
    Active account over 17 years and I agree used to making a mistake that was provable was always helped with. GMs were friends! I had one come to a far away place and actually bring me my item that I mistakenly destroyed.
    Recently we had a rare item drop, when we zone it disappeared from the bag. It was NOT returned, it was looted and we had the time and date. So the game stole the rare drop and no one did a thing, this is now. That was then, things have changed.
  20. Dyna Elder

Maybe they could do collections and explore and look at the new zones they bought.
    Grove likes this.