Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Morthakia Augur

I don’t think this would work for me. I imagine others might push back as well. I don’t want to have to wait a few years into the server to establish/play with my boxes.

Regardless of whether one is a boxer or not, I’d say that there is substantial appeal to starting on a “fresh” server. Having to wait XYZ months/years to box means I can’t take part in this “fresh” start. I don’t want to have to play catch-up with my boxes because I couldn’t make them on server launch. This is the same reason why I don’t want to take one of the existing servers and just eliminate Truebox — I’d be playing catch up.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Would be awesome, but only if the stopping of 3rd party cheat programs was enforced.
    Chatoyan and Elbereth like this.
  3. Dreaddnight New Member

I would be interested in playing on a non-truebox rule server. Additionally, here are the things I'd consider are top of my requests for such a server (I'll keep them limited to what I know is possible from TLPs today).

I'll propose we all follow a similar format to provide our input/thoughts:

Agent of Agents: Yes/No
    Launch Level: 1-115
    Launch Expansions: Classic, Kunark, Velious..etc (include the expansions you want open upon launch)
    Unlock Format: 2/3 Month, 1 month, etc
    Exp Rate: Live, Test, Phinigel, etc
    Misc: Anything additional that may not be classified above

My answers:
    Agent of Agents: Yes
    Launch Level: 1
    Launch Expansions: Classic, Kunark, Velious
    Unlock Format: 2/3 Month (3 month for level cap increases)
    Exp Rate: No preference
    Misc: N/A
  4. Numiko Augur

If it was a start at level 1 and classic then no, do many bad memories of the last couple of TLP servers that opened with that rule set.

If it was a 85 server i may consider it.
  5. Delphwind Augur

I am not at all interested in a non-truebox server.

If I wanted to do that, I would play on live, or the few TLPs that exist where it is legal.

That said, I am super happy that the boxing community will have a dedicated server, as it will reduce the amount of boxers even more on my Truebox server.

My only concern is that it will split the playerbase too much and both servers will be low pop within a few months. I believe the best decision is to just stick with Miragul. The boxers will still play (most of them anyhow) and you will have a single server with a healthy population.
  6. Krysanth Elder

7. Jaera Augur

1. Non-Truebox.
    2. Agents of Change and MOTM as normal.
    3. Server starts in the Shadows of Luclin expansion.
    4. Planes of Power unlocks after 6 months.
    5. Further "era" unlocks are all 3 months.
    6. Combine PoP, LoY, and LDON into a single "era". Unlock LoY when when Rallos Zek the Warlord is defeated. Unlock LDoN when Quarm is defeated.
    7. Combine OoW and DoN. Unlock DoN when Overlord Mata Muram is defeated.
    8. Combine DoDH and PoR. Unlock PoR when The Master is defeated.
    9. Combine TSS and TBS. Unlock TBS when Lethar's Final Stand and Beltron the Shade King have both been defeated.
    10. XP Rate: Phinigel but with the GoD modifier already in place. By DoDH/PoR, match live.

The combined eras will help to mitigate the gear inflation caused by the melee DPS being able to steamroll earlier expansion, possibly adding some minor challenge back in.
  8. Sorrows New Member

Non-Truebox
    Level 85 start - HoT expansion
    Free Trade (FV/Brekt loot)
    Live server exp rates
    AoC's to farm old content like VT clickies and emp/seru mounts
    3/2 unlock schedule

I'd happily run 5 accounts + a cleric merc on that server.

Or better yet just remove truebox on Selo to add some life back to it.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

It's actually really simple, truebox has not achieved the limitation on boxing that anti-box players want, and even if it did, for a game with multiple variable rulesets, there should be at least one non-truebox every other TLP generation, because, not everyone plays the same way or wants the same thing. There is also no reason to remove AOCs on a non-truebox server, quite the opposite in fact.

Also, just wanted to stand up for FV rules. Open trade loot should always have been the way things were done, regardless of boxing styles, and non-truebox is not a justification not to be open trade loot.

Edit: also wanted to mention, it's not just about giving ANY server non-truebox. It seems like whatever server is given non-truebox would likely otherwise be a cookie cutter slow exp Classic-start server, and I personally am not interested in playing another server with slower XP than selo, or starting sooner than GoD or with all no trade loot.
  10. FreeMoncs New Member

Launch Level: 1
    Launch Expansions: Velious
    Unlock Format: 2/3 Month (3 month for level cap increases)
    Exp Rate: Excellerated
    Misc: N/A
    FV Loot Rules: Yes
    Truebox: No
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Non - Truebox
    Launch Level: 1 - 75
    Launch Expansions: Upto and including TSS
    Unlock Format: 2 Month after TSS
    Exp Rate: Selo
    Zones: Where possible in their original format
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I think the greatest confusion the player base has is bottling vs boxing, these are two very distinct and different animals. Botters are bad, they play unattended and greatly impact the game play of others. On the other hand Boxers are good, and usually make a great effort to not impact others or even go out of the way to help others. I box 3 characters, I use separate accounts on one computer and tab back and forth. Obvious not on a Truebox server mostly on Test and occasionally now on Brekt.

There are some very good tools out there that allow boxers to have a more convenient time and increase the fun factor of the game. One main one is [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. It simply allows you to drive all 3 accounts with one interface, not unattended, you have to be there at all times. Much like tabbing over to cast a heal with a cleric, this allows you to cast that same heal manually without tabbing. Its a convenience and not an exploit

I have never tried any of the 3rd party programs. I have a 20 year account, mostly on Test server and Mithaniel/Drinal, I am terrified some CSR with little to no knowledge of individual programs will ban me. Even though it is open spoken that Daybreak and in the past SOE allowed [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] there has never been an actual bonafide public statement about it being an acceptable program to enhance a boxers attended game play.

Its long over due for you, the company, to make a public decision about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. I want very much to use it, to help me play better and enjoy my time more in the game, but until I see that statement, I just cant risk it on another player telling me its OK.

Please take this request to heart and end this second guessing once and for all.
    Chatoyan and Yinla like this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

So when did this thread turn into a discussion about rulesets instead of discussing truebox? You will have a million different opinions on if there should be AoC's and what level to start, and what exp you get, etc.
  14. Dreaddnight New Member

I just look at the thread this way. If you support having a boxing friendly server, go ahead and post your desired ruleset. Otherwise, state why you may not support boxing.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Which does nothing to actually convince them why they should allow a non-truebox server. It just consolidates the "this would be the best tlp server ever" threads that we see daily.
  16. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Anything no true box needs AoC's for me to be on board, but throw that in and I'm game.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

Because people might want to play on a server that allows boxing but NOT cheat programs.
    Chatoyan and Yinla like this.
  18. elumxe Elder

Most people will want fv free trade and aoc.
    And tell people that 3d party tools for BOXING is ok on that server.
    MarttinPH and Sorrows like this.
  19. Dreaddnight New Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think dreamweaver is looking for the best set of reasons why a boxing server should exist. I'm assuming the goal is to get a better understanding of the demand. Regardless, I won't bother cluttering this thread with anymore responses as I've already stated that I support having a boxing friendly server and what I'd prefer to see that ruleset look like.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You already have 3 of them and nobody plays on them.

How about you make another TLP where limited boxing is enforced before you make another Magefire/Boxjaw with AoCs