Expansion Purchase Rewards in 2019

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LDEffectsMe, Oct 23, 2019.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Right, that's what it was after the $20 proposal.

But after claiming you can keep it as long as you want? Or you have to spend the free dbc in a month?
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL last year I complained about how lame the bonuses for the standard expac were.

Just noticed that this year, the standard edition has no bonuses!
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Well, whether it is intentional or not, the standard edition actually gives a shared goblet of adventure 2 (which is missing its description/lore in the lower-right box of the /claim window).
  4. Zanarnar Augur

You can horde it as long as you want, you just have to claim it every month or lose that months worth.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. Laronk Augur

Yeah, the monthly dbg bonus is kinda like a login bonus
  6. LDEffectsMe Augur

As I said earlier, they make sure that you can /claim bags and XP potions, as well as illusion items. 2/3 of those are arguably pay to win on TLP servers, but they still let you /claim them from the newer expansions. Oh, but those expansions you bought before that give you 999 Dreamweaver Satchels and stuff? You can't have those.... Just the newest and shiniest $70 bags.

But, to reiterate, I'm not complaining about the price of the expansions. I get it, they need to make money to keep the game going forward. But as someone who isn't at the end game, I can't reasonably justify paying $70+ for 3 items that I can actually have on all of my characters. If everything that was "once per account" was "once per character" then I'd be buying 6 copies of this expansion too. As it stands now, I probably won't buy any.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

The standard edition never (at least for the last few years) has bonuses.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't think that's correct. All I have ever bought were standard editions, and they've always had something.
  9. Duplicitious New Member

kinda expected more out of the bundles for less than 250 $ for 2 expacs. maybe a variety of the family one like hey i was 10 expacs for 300 bucks instead of 350 etc. i could care less about the stupid mounts or illusions. lack of ability to get the xpacs at a discount for my 10 accounts really ruins it for me. probably wont be buying this round of xpacs unless i get people to give em to me in game for plvls etc. not ranting about quitting etc just probably wont be playing as much