Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLP Addict Augur

Non sequitur, AoC's aren't needed because all raid content at that point is already instanced, and with everybody starting at 85 with heroic gear, most earlier raid content is redundant with the exception of some clickies that people might go after.
  2. birisu Elder

Truebox is silly on a server that starts at 85. By 2010 anyone interested in EQ would have owned a PC and internet connection capable of running multiple EQ clients. What exactly is the server being "true" to in this case?
  3. Gootak New Member

I think that was the point, Truebox is often heavily voted for to prevent the number of box armies or boxers/RMT farmers from running even more rampant. At this point of the game it's almost irrelevant because you can just /pick or pop an instance into anything.
  4. Ootax Augur

Yes but there really is no predictable point that this server would see a drop like other servers. Before you know after PoP there would be a drop and sometime after GoD/ in the level 70 era you would see another drop and then just random burnout after that. Here an xpac like VoA the server will still be somewhat new so there is no reason to expect a drop there. Maybe a drop after the first couple weeks or a month just from people checking it out but after that who knows. That's why IF it starts of healthy there is no reason to expect it not to stay that way for a while at least.
  5. Gootak New Member

Depends how good the other "Box server in discussion" is at this point. I think that has the ability to make/break this server depending either how similar, or how good the other rule set is if they do go ahead.
  6. Rotlust Augur

THANK GOD
    I'm also happy that there will be a box server where the people who want to play the game solo will go. It always needed to be this way.
    Delphwind likes this.
  7. Zipe The Healer

THIS THIS THIS THIS.
    Stop trying to kill Phinny every 6 months, please. :( Seeing how hard you try to kill Phinnigel so often makes me so sad.

Just promote phinny, relaunch it, enable free Heroics on Phinny. There is absolutely no reason to spread the population even more. You make me quit a game not because I don't like it, but because you kill the communities every 6 months, and I am soon done with this .

hey guys, what can we do today to ***** off phinny population?
    Lets create phinny 2.0 and call it Coirnav.
    Hey guys, what can we do today to **** off phinny population?
    Let's create two anniversary servers.
    Oh man, it isn't working, population not really *****.
    Wait bro, Wow classic is coming late this year, it'll die.
    Hey bro, Wow classic didn't stab Phinny to death... wtf it won't die.
    I got a brilliant idea to kill it definitely... let's make a new TLP that starts one expansion behind phinny and have free Heroic Characters.
    AWSOMESAUCE LETS DO IT.
    Dahaman, Froger, Boze and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gootak New Member

Pretty much. I'm not even on Phinny but I'm getting sick of the yearly "distract players with something shiney and kill off old servers rather than save them" mentality.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Innothule Swamp? I thought it was Feerott?

J5 merc quest in Ferott in our not?
    Do Heroic Chars come with Epics?
    If not will AoCs be active?
    Will the level restriction on Naggy and Vox be lifted as everyone is level 85?
    Will Tradeskill AAs be granted? We are all starting at level 85 so there will be no market for low level items.
    What Anniversary content will we have in March? By my reconning we should have 13th or 14th anniversay content in March only but everything in April? If this is so can we spread the April stuff out over a longer period.
    17th Anniversary Gnome race is listed as no restriction on TLPs, how will this be handled as we cannot create level 1 chars?
    I can create 14 chars on other servers, does that mean I can create 14 Heroic chars on Miragul?
  10. Zipe The Healer

hahaha good spotting on that typo.
    Confirmed they are making a new zone... Revamped HoT innothule Swamp and removed the Ferrot the dream.
    Confirmed that DBG likes to destroy Phinnigel and old Antonica zones.
    All praise Innothule Swamp, new HoT quest hub.
    At least they are adding new content to TLP.
    Plot twist: New TLP expansion confirmed... Innorruuk and Cazic Thule befriend again and create Innothule Swamp 3.0 to accommodate their newly found wickedness and viciousness.
    Yes, yes, sorry... I am pissed and trash acting like a ... see my post above for the reasons.
    Kthxbai.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You missed my edit for Naggy and Vox :)
  12. Silver-Crow Augur

Miragul is such a pointless server.
    If it were about the players, The sensible thing would be just to turn on heroic toons on Phinny, but no.

This is purely about the bag and mount sales.

it used to be we got 1 TLP a year.
    This year it's 3... so far, 4 if a non truebox server also drops.
    How can a server get established with so many servers dropping one after the other.
    There's only so many 'fresh' starts people will put up with. It's not like these new servers bring in a rush of players, it's just cycling round the existing player base.

I for one will be staying put where I am and supporting the server I'm on.
  13. Raina Elder

Truebox, that's a big yikes from me. This ain't a TLP starting in early EQ, why limit it like that. Ridiculous honestly.
  14. Ootax Augur

Doubtful, if boxing is the only other change then it will have a small impact. The majority of people don't box or dont box more than one other toon, one of the biggest complaints about ragefire was all the box armies. I don't think this server will be a huge hit in general, not due to the server itself just due to the lack of marketing it and announcing the rules so close to launch. If they treat a new boxing server the same way it will end up worse. I also don't see people wanting to start over in this era on a new server like they would a classic server.
  15. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Yeah. I'll likely pop in to try and reserve my name, but can't see myself playing there over Selo. If I could box, I'd have to debate which to plan on.
  16. Eangel Elder

So as bobbybick pointed, it's phinny v2 with heroic chars and possibly no AoCs. Good to know that the money we spend on this game is going towards new unique server ideas...oh wait.

You guys (DBG) had a chance to create something that wasn't the same and you didn't, ignoring the non trubox faction of players(as usual) to boot.
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

Bonus is that it launches the same week we get RoF.
    Skuz and Froger like this.
  18. BeenThereDoneThat New Member

Please see this thread in the Veteran’s Forum regarding the purchase of new expansions. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hich-expansion-are-you-buying-and-why.260112/

It is stupidly obvious that a significant number of people box, and they box a lot. A huge amount of revenue is generated from boxes. When given the choice to box or not box on live, people have elected to box. On a server that starts in HoT, which resembles live far more than it does classic, blocking this playstyle seems pretty counterintuitive. I would love to hear a comprehensive response from the devs regarding what they believe were the most important factors to consider when they made this decision.
  19. Numiko Augur

In a thread about the new live expansion Ngreth said about the claim items..

Level 85 Heroic Character Boost - Locked to Underfoot

If they are unlocked in Undefoot why cant we still get them on Phinny?
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Lidjet Journeyman

I agree with the killshot to Phinny.

Phinny knows LOTA is moving over to Miragul. We loved Phinny and were going to miss it a lot. Was a tough decision to start over... but as the casual guild on the server, we had no influx of new players that a guild like us required. Herioc Characters over there would have solved that problem.

We literally have about 10-15 old members coming back to Miragul because they dont have to do as much to catch up. They've wanted to play on Phinny but at this point they are too far behind to make it work.

With old members coming back, and new people on the server, its just the right move for the guild to move. Wish we could have stayed tho.

Heroic Characters over there would have solved that problem for us. I still hope they make that happen for Phinny soon.
    Skuz and Aegir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.