Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver Community Manager

A thread to discuss the Miragul Heroic Progression Server FAQ.
    Minpire likes this.
  2. aaron jabs New Member

Its says that The Ferrott will be the House of Thule version, does this mean that the J5 Merc quest will not be in The Ferrott?
  3. VandilIzer Augur

Seems unlikely, that released with COTF on live. SoD quests here we come.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

It's truebox.

[IMG]
    Raina and Rayvorn like this.
  5. qweasy Augur

So it's a live server that can't be boxed on. Who is this server even aimed towards?
    Rayvorn likes this.
  6. VandilIzer Augur

Thank you Dreamweaver for getting this up, I know we have been harassing the crap out of you for it and we appreciate your patience. We have allot of the information we need to plan ahead a bit now. Thanks.
  7. That0neguy Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  8. VandilIzer Augur

You can box, you just have to do it with multiple computers. It's also a TLP not a live server.
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  9. Finchy Augur

Please reconsider the truebox decision. there is no reason to continue truebox past PoP to be honest. you could argue a couple xpacs past that, but not in this era. You have a chance to give live players a new place to hang out, but a lot of them don't want truebox (at least a lot of the ones i've talked to). I know quite a bit of people that immediately are calling it quits specifically because of truebox. Attrition is no joke on servers that reach VoA, continuing truebox only hurts that even more.

Me personally, I used to run 6 accounts at any given time. After playing on truebox i dropped to 3, and got tired of dealing with multiple computers to keep up, and dropped to only 1. At first you think, great now he will play with others, nope...others are gone, groups are scarce, mercs allow someone solo/duoing to do what they want without inviting others. that's 5 accounts i stop paying for. How many others are in the same situation?...
    Rayvorn and Icaen like this.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

Wrong

Wrong
    Nolrog and Skuz like this.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I saw no mention of it in the FAQ. Is Miragul a paid subscription only server or are free to play accounts allowed to use it?

Also are Agents of Change going to be on Miragul?

As feedback I don't understand why you would release a server that is essentially going to be a very slightly modified version of an already existing TLP server (Phinigel) so late into the expansion cycles, given that it has very little to actually differentiate it aside from the 85 Heroic start. I had hoped this server would be free of Truebox to offer an alternative to what already exists but this just seems like a rehash and I'm not sure who this server is really targeted towards.
    Sendori, Eangel and Oakenblade like this.
  12. Levy Journeyman

<3 Dreamweaver's edit

I will say that this seemed like a perfect time to try a non-truebox server. It's past a point in the first few expansions where zones are so limited, content in not instanced, etc (non-AoC stuff...are HA's in game yet?) but I look forward to the discussion. I don't think a non-truebox server starting at classic will do great, event type servers seem like the place to do it.
  13. VandilIzer Augur

Dreamweaver just edited the post....

"FOR THOSE OF OUR COMMUNITY THAT ENJOY BOXING - Stay tuned for an upcoming thread to discuss the possibility of a server where Truebox rules are not in effect."
  14. MarttinPH Augur

It is a subscription required server. It shouldn't have AoC as live doesn't have it. I believe it mentioned in the faq raid instances were the same as live.
  15. Rayvorn Elder

Please....this...and hopefully not another Month + wait...but I hope it's the same type of server..(the 85 character was the draw for me)...so if this is going to be some FV loot rule that starts at classic...i'll be out. But we have hope...

Actually....now that I think about it...releasing 2 servers at 1 time..is just not a good choice. The population for both servers would be pitiful. ..I have no clue what you guys are doing over there.
  16. ntellect Augur

Heroics didnt release until CoTF either so J5 without fear quest could be open. Devs can we get a confirmation of which quest for J5 will be at lauch?
  17. VandilIzer Augur

I am not saying its impossible, but they havent said it will so we have to assume it wont.
  18. ntellect Augur

The server is true box, they are not going to state that then all of sudden reverse it. It falls in line with all the recent TLPs that were true box. If you can't deal with Truebox just skip this server. Dreamweaver just mentioned that you guys will get your own server anyway so its all good.
  19. Montag Augur

Any word on whether we'll have the Feerot version of the J5 merc quest?

The Miragul discord is full of people asking.
  20. ntellect Augur

People who want to catch up on live but dont want to start ALL THE WAY in classic and level up 110 levels. Also with a 5 level cap even people who rush to max level can still group with fresh 85s making the server more lively.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.