Family and Friends

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mogley, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Mogley Lorekeeper

So my question is how many friends and family can you get for the $249.99? And I wonder if that might include alts sice they are Family and Friends
  2. Stumblelord New Member

one expansion for you, one tradable expansion for your "Family/Friends". I'd rather have a standard with a tradable at the cost of two standards.
    PCSS and Mogley like this.
  3. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Should have called it "Friend or Family" ... since "and" implies you could apply it to at least two other people (you can't) and the plural implies that it would be for three or more, as well (it's not).
    PCSS, Mogley and Axxius like this.
  4. Speckle Journeyman

FnF is $99 more than Premium since almost anyone buying either is Gold.

Expansion and Heroic Character is $70 or $63 if they are Gold. Mounts are about $10 (1045 or 940 DBC), you can currently only get Deka buff but other than very low level twinks the graphic of the mount is going to be more of a selling point than a few thousand HP. Two XP potions are $8 (going to Gold account, 8100 DBC), 3rd bag even being 40 slot because it's lore call it $20 which is a non-lore 32 slot bag (1980 DBC).

That's roughly $100 for buying all those specific items. The bonus is the Gnomish Legendary Bundle. For family the package is completely pointless, you would simply use your credit card or paypal. For friends it's pretty pointless, wasted considerable development time on the tradeable expansion when an activation code would be completely functional. It's either "free" Gnomish Bundle if you actually want all those items, "cheap" Gnomish bundle if you want most of those things or Speculators package for people who think they can sell the items for more than they could sell 6 Krono.
    Mogley, Axxius and Suffer like this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

It looks to me that F&F is two premium bundled together with half of the items tradeable this making the price of a F&F $15 cheaper than two premium.
  6. Angahran Augur

So, for approx $110 you get a tradeable 'standard' expansion to give to a friend and mounts to keep for yourself.

Personally, I'd say mail your friend a cheque for $35 and save yourself $75, unless you really want additional mounts (but you could simply store your mount in your shared bank).
  7. Derd Augur

Except it is. I can give the expansion to family , the heroic to friend a, a mount to friend b and a mount to friend c.
    Mogley and Duder like this.
  8. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

lol, I mean, I guess. Or you could just play the game together for a couple of weeks and have most of that stuff (or the in-game equivalent)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mogley like this.
  9. Vizier Augur

I dont like this package, and I would surely be the target audience. I have 3 accounts of my own and I have a friend that cannot afford expacs at launch that I want to buy it for as well.

Why can't we just buy the tradeable expansions??
    PCSS, Mogley and Yinla like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This would have been fantastic!
    Mogley likes this.
  11. MarttinPH Augur

The experience potions should be 810 DBC not 8100 if they are comparable to $8.
    Mogley likes this.
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

But then his fuzzy math doesn't work.... lol
    Mogley likes this.
  13. Duder Augur

The F&F pack contains 4 equivalent of this:

[IMG]

2 more than the premium pack.
    PCSS, Zaray and Mogley like this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why would anyone need that?
    Mogley likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

Do I really need to explain that's its not "needed" and the phenomena of the overwhelming desire to acquire things quicker in human beings? It was simply pointing out that more has been included than people are giving credit for.
  16. enclee Augur

The pricing of this stuff really makes me laugh, 4500 for an experience bonus but if you’re a member it’s 4050. In theory, it’s cheaper but you’re still spending $45 or $50 depending how you wanted to buy DBC. You see this type of stuff all over the store.
    Mogley likes this.
  17. Duder Augur

DBC costs money... yes. You can buy things that are not normally available if you choose. There is a Gold Membership 10% discount but it still costs money... That's laughable? Maybe I don't follow.
  18. enclee Augur

How items are priced in DBC versus the increments of DBC that can be purchased. In that experience bonus example, the potion requires both the non-member and member to buy 4500 DBC. For the member though DBG collects so the subscription, so they make more revenue. Conveniently, you are left 450 DBC to spend on another item in the shop, maybe you look over at some illusions or mounts.
    PCSS, Mogley and Duder like this.
  19. Duder Augur

Ahh, okay, ty for explanation, was confused there, but yeah, seems a marketing strat ;)
    Mogley likes this.
  20. Zamiam Augur

Just because I know someone somewhere will be like " why is there a 72 hour hold on the F&F Pack " so let me clarify ..

"One More thing! A quick note regarding pre-orders and expansion purchases. There will be a 72 hour hold on tradeable items in the Friends & Family edition within the period before launch - through the sale of the F&F edition.
    What does this mean for you? If you want to make sure the items are tradeable on launch day be sure to buy the edition at least 72 hours before"

source : https://www.everquest.com/news/tov-launch-key-art-2019

they want to make sure the purchases go thru before the tradeable items are released ..
    so that answers that question .