Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Qbert Gallifreyan

Yes.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nothing for pre ordering ?
    Benito likes this.
  3. Diptera Augur

Bugger :( After all, they only gave me a year to get round to it... ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Warrath Journeyman

Can't even pre-order, keep getting error message!! WTH! Already crashing!
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Nice. The Family and Friends package includes a Heroic Character bauble (for the purchaser) and additional tradable CE/PE mounts. That's a really good deal (albeit pricey). Sadly, there is no additional tradable Coldain illusion.
  6. Derd Augur

And just a fyi. There is still system maintenance happening that may cause problems with transactions.
  7. Sancus Augur

Could you clarify this? There appear to be seven zones in ToV - Eastern Wastes, Great Divide, Crystal Caverns, Ry'Gorr Mines, Tower of Frozen Shadows, Velketor's Labyrinth, and Kael Drakkel.

There are a few explanations that I could come up with (e.g. CC and Ry'Gorr Mines could be considered one zone), but it also occurred to me that 6 might just be an error. Or that one of the seven won't release to later.
    Kimbella likes this.
  8. OldCa61 Augur

So, Saddle of Restless Griffon never gets Airborne ?

Also does anyone know if the Dinosaur Island will be unlocked ?
    Kinda disappointed the 40 buck includes nothing at all.
    TIA
  9. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Not true. It includes a new expansion.
    Tucoh and OldCa61 like this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would love to see any official acknowledgement from DBG that boxers contribute heavily to this game. A boxer's bundle would be a purrfect way to do this.
  11. Rayvorn Elder

Just another sign of DBG being so business savvy. Where is the motivation to pre-order? ALL of these items will be the same after it goes live. 99% of the games out there (I say 99 because someone will find on google some company that is like DBG) offer a pre-order bonus. Not DBG's. Can't even give away a free ice wolf pup companion or anything. Here is why it's important DBG and why you are losing money by being lazy.

There are people that will pre-order JUST because of a 1 time bonus item. There will be plenty of people who won't even play this new expansion because they are on Mangler or Ragefire or whatever BUT knowing that if they don't pre-order this expansion...if they EVER get to the expansion they wont have this item (I would suggest a companion/housing item/special glow item/merc/ect). There are people who just have to collect everything even if they won't use it. But if you make it so nothing changes during the pre-order and after it goes live there is zero incentive to buy the expansion. They will just wait (like I do) to buy it every time at the end when you drop it to 50% off. I.E...you lose money. (I save money though so thanks)

I mean seriously someone from your staff should be able to identify this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Under the post "what is the beta reward" - the answer posted by Ngreth Thergn, Yesterday at 11:56 AM A Velium Weapon Ornament. (It has a bunch of choices)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Exxodia Journeyman

Any clarity to the Family & friends package? I keep reading how some things are tradeable, but I cannot find actual details.

So... one person buy the pack and how many accounts can use it? What is the break up of all the bonus items within?
  14. Rayvorn Elder

Not the same thing. One you have to put in a few hours of game play to earn and doesn't matter which package you pick. Spend money on the smallest package or the largest...can only get the same item ONLY if you participate in the Beta. Some people don't want to play the Beta because it ruins the surprise for them. Some barely have enough time to play during the week to either group with friends or show up for raids, now they have to find time to Beta test.

Should be a pre-order item everyone gets and then the list expands the more money you put in for pre-ordering. Once the pre-order is over the items disappear of the list. It doesn't even have to take any effort, DBG could be lazy about it and it would still work. Make the Beta give the Velium Weapon....make the pre-order give you the same weapon but a different color. Or "just an example" give out a baby drake...normal the drake is red, collectors it's black, and Premium it's gold. Don't even have to do anything but change the color scheme. (IF DBG was smart they would also add another one to the in-game store once the game went live that is a totally different color...just to add to the collection)

Some people have a "hording" problem and must have the best of the best. There are MMO's out there where costumes come in 5 colors and they spend HOURS trying to collect them all. Use this to your advantage.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I realize "pre order" and "beta" are not the same thing. But since you have to pre order to be in beta it could be considered as one. Personally I agree with you and would have snatched up a pre order if it had included a new house. Like an IGLOO!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Rayvorn Elder

IGLOO would of been cool. Now I want one..
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Diptera Augur

WTB Illusion: Penguin ...
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd prefer othmir...you know the cute things which are such good exp! Lol

But a penguin would do. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Diptera like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

EQ2 is getting a pre-order bonus in the form of a familiar with a buff.
  20. Rayvorn Elder

Should pay attention to the younger sibling then.