Will you be Continuing the Practice of Nerfing Previous ExPac EXP on a new ExPac release?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gherig, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Will you guys be nerfing the experience of the XYZ expansions previous to the new expansion? And what Expansion will that be at?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Probably, I imagine the system is automatic
  3. Tucoh Augur

I don't know about any of that, but Frontier Mountains is still good XP.
  4. Riou EQResource

Frontier mountains gets the reduced rate since like RoS or TBL, pullers bypass the reduction though, iirc it was like a 50% reduction for rest
  5. Themisto New Member

I imagine exp will be the same pre 110 but if you want any decent exp 110+ you will have to go to the new exp
  6. Bahdah Augur

That cap key though.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Temple of droga does too, I wonder if all the EoK zones do and no one noted it.
  8. Hekaton Augur

“We’re modifying experience in previous content, because who wants to play in old zones”. I believe this the line they used when they rolled this out years ago
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

Just make level 110-115 hell levels and the problem fixes it self.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes they are remaking old zones......
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

When you say "pullers bypass the reduction" you mean that they pull a crapload more mobs and therefore make up for the reduction, right?
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, he means exactly what he said. The puller (first on aggro), gets more aggro than anyone else. People have been complaining about this in specific zones for a couple years, Riou is saying its not an unknown bug, its now known that for some bizarre reason whoever is on aggro first doesn't get the reduction in exp for old expansions.
  13. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Get's more agro or gets more experience points? The entire thread was about experience, so I'm not sure how more or less agro is remotely relevant.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Exactly as was stated....

If you are first on AGGRO, you do not get the % reduction in experience that the rest of the group gets.

For example, in Frontier Mountains, if you are in a group of 6 people, you pull a mob, you kill it, you get say 1.2 aa. The other group members get like 0.7 aa.

They created a mechanism, back when level 105 came out, to prevent people from using saved quest rewards (mostly) from magically leveling due to the huge exp rewards on partisan tasks. So after 1 level exp dropped by 75%, and it went down until at 105 RoF experience was reduced to 25% of what is should be based off level, con, ZEM.

They eventually went back and reduced that, so that it caps at 75% of normal experience, because it was harsh, and made cotf not subject to it. Riou stated that, apparently, they have done that in subsequent expansions (all? level increase only? I don't know), and that is the reason for the FM pulling exp "bug".
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

That statement was incredibly confusing, then. Now that you explain it more precisely, I get what you meant...
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't think they've done that TBM or TDS launch, I forget which tbh. My memory may be foggy but FM was still really nice AAXP at 110 and Sathir's Tomb was boss XP, period this past year - I realize no level up, so maybe a bit different. For how long people used to XP in Dead Hills, I think this practice ended - and for the better.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I see what you meant now, didn't realize I had mistyped and put aggro instead of exp. I was confused about why you were confused!
  18. Baldur Augur

Is this in the patch notes somewhere? I just did a search for "experience" in the live update notes forum and I don't see anything. I stopped when it hit 2014 though, so if it's back that far then that's why I missed it.

I did find this in the March 11, 2015 patch notes:
    - Experience in pre-CotF zones for characters over level 100 has been increased dramatically.
  19. Riou EQResource

It is this, but they have either continued the system or it is automated in some way (maybe max level vs zone level or something), don't think Devs have commented on this since, and I don't know if they've ever acknowledged the Puller Bug since the bug has existed since day 1 of the change