Producer's Letter: Torment of Velious Beta [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes, yes. Of course. I had druid ports in and out (thanks Breezze Stormhowler!) so I really never got acquainted with the pirates.

Besides the pirates..I cannot think of any other Gnomes in Velious. Besides, how does shipwrecking on an undiscovered land warrant becoming the centerpiece of the Collector's Edition? That's a tangential relationship at best.
  2. Tweini New Member

can you plz give or sell us more fellowship slots or lower the number for a guild standard to be set I would buy more fellow ship slots anything to make it easier on small guild or even groups
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Balthen Lorekeeper

Those BBB complaints are comedy gold, it's just like the show Southwest Airlines did for years. People make their own messes and then complain to anyone that will listen how it wasn't their fault. It's good reading, starts my morning out with a smile.
  4. Belkar_OotS Augur

I am still anxiously awaiting the pricing for the friends and family option.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Waiting to the last minute for just about everything this year. Expansion bundle pricing, AA's and spells all still up in the air with beta opening tomorrow.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. meatsauce New Member

Geez, can't believe they haven't released the pricing yet. This is tomorrow DBG!
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am wondering if Daybreak will pull an Apple Inc. and change their expansion pricing scheme.

I am getting the sense (with the new family bundle) that it is possible that the standard expansion will be priced at $44.99 or something this year.

Hope not....
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Were I a particularly hopeful person I could dream that they were trying to see how the price could go. But, living in the real world makes me think that it may well be a bit higher in cost than last years expansion. Costs have gone up and San Diego Greedy and Expensive (our local utility here in San Diego has raised it's rates again and again and again) will still insist on getting paid. Also, keeping Absor and Ngreth supplied with donuts does not come cheap. Anyway, I plan to purchase it and try to enjoy it as much as lonely little dwarf can.
  9. Natal Augur

If you can't get past Stratos you will probably not be able to do much in the other zones anyway.
  10. Natal Augur

Everyone like killing gnomes, so I do not see your point.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Of course not. Gnomes are too short to see the point.
    Diptera likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

As an aside, if you have the right sharpener, a gnomes head CAN be sharpened to a fine point. We dwarves have been doing that for years.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Credit: Trafthek.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

LOL. They better put 4 standard editions in that bundle for that price (I know its 1, just saying).
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

I don't follow, read the Producer's letter. It's *similar* to getting two premium editions, depending on what you're buying for (e.g. no teleport clicky or illusions bundled with second copy). My family usually buys 4 copies of the premium edition each year, but now we're talking about getting 2 of the "Family and Friends" bundle if $250 is the price point. Seems like a steal with the heroic boost and gnomish items bundled in.

Curious if the tradable mounts will be wrapped & then become heirloom, or if they'll be perm. tradable. Getting excited either way!
    FubarEQ likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It would be cool if they sold stand-alone tradable standard expansions outright for a little more ($50) but their verification system (probably same system to verify Krono purchases) may be overloaded.
  17. Metapsyche Augur

I’d love to see a boxers bundle (6 copies at a small discount).
  18. Burzian New Member

Really disappointed that the No Trade lv85 boost is gated to the Collector's edition this time around. Not everyone has the extra $50 to spend on it and that would be a great perk to encourage folks to preorder -- if you can't afford one of the more expensive editions, doesn't seem like there's any incentive to.
  19. Karhar Dream Crusher

I'd love to see the standard edition bundles
  20. Diptera Augur

Now the new expansion is available on pre-order, have I missed the opportunity to buy the previous TBL collector's edition? (only bought standard edition originally, but fancied owning the carpet mount).