Tradeable Expansions ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Tradeable expansions have been requested many times before, I think it's a good idea they are finally adding an option for it.

I would of liked to see a more tiered approach to it though, a couple different package options maybe. As someone who doesn't always order the Premium Edition, I wouldn't even have the gifting as an option unless I ordered the Premium edition first. Also linking it to the Premium edition limits the number you can buy/gift unless you buy the bundle on multiple accounts. I would of liked to see a Stand Alone bundle that you could buy by itself, that way if you wanted to gift it to multiple people you could do so even if you only have 1 account.

Overall I still think this is a good idea, they even said it's an "experiment " so hopefully they get some good feedback/results and maybe next year tweak the formula a little.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am betting the price is going to be around $225 range, making it around $202.50 after the All Access discount. This gives them enough leeway to cover the actual individually sold items which are being included as well as having some profit from the other items as well.

What people are forgetting about these bundles is that they are in no way intended to be solely for people to buy and sell the extra items. They are for someone to the expansion for themselves and then use, give, or sell the extras.
  3. Leigo You come here often?

I like the idea of a tradeable expansion. Would be nice if they had a standard edition you could by as a gift like krono and give it to a friend etc
    Nniki likes this.
  4. Yimin Augur

Wish they added gifting Trade Skill Potions ...

YiMin
  5. Trafthek Lorekeeper

6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Amirite? Family bundle is pricey but a fair deal (especially if you get duplicate tradable CE/PE mounts). If they removed the Gnomish bundle, it would be $175-$200 though.
  7. Angahran Augur

So what's the family bundle ? 2 copies of the premium but 1 is tradeable ?
  8. meatsauce New Member

Inquiring minds want to know!
  9. Moege Augur

Spot on !
  10. eqgamer Augur

Dear Innoruuk I'm going to be spending a lot of money as I want a couple of those family packs! But eh, what else am I going to do with my money?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So it looks like you would get 2 for an extra $110.

It would be nice to know if these options will also be half off next year, like all the others in years past, in the sale before the next expansion release
  12. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Trend says yes. Like... the trend for the past bunch of years.
  13. Metapsyche Augur

FYI- the tradeable expansion isn’t available until SoV releases. These cannot be used for beta access.
  14. Zamiam Augur

I'm guessing the normal expansions will be half off .. I doubt that the F&F will be half off ..
  15. yosco Augur

That's the idea behind bundling. Bundling is a pricing strategy used with the sole intention of bringing in more money by selling you things you wouldn't normally want by associating them with things you do want.

In this case, everyone loves mounts and illusions, but who cares about the gnomish crates or exp pots? I don't really... most of my toons are generally max level / max AA within a couple of weeks without them. Some may want literally everything they're selling, but most won't. It's a money grab, as enticing as it seems.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Lannin Elder

Love the bundle , love the idea , great price point , ill take 3.