Torment of Velious Raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dovhesi, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Dovhesi Elder

Here you go general public...enjoy!
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

Ah man! You beat me to it!
    Kimbella likes this.
  3. Lilura Augur

Anyone wanna bet that the raids will consist of DPSing down 2-3 mobs and keeping their HP within a few percentage points of each other?
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

I am crushing so hard on dbg right now for vindi and AoW new raids..

Ohhhh..
    Emmmm..
    Geeeeeee..
    FubarEQ and Funky like this.
  5. Derd Augur

Nice, will be a month for us to work on tbl raids with new levels .
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  6. Morthakia Augur

This is fantastic news for weaker guilds that cannot clear an entire expansion’s raids. Thank you for the opportunity to “pick and choose” which raids we can attempt based on our own limitations.

Small request: Please make at least one of the T1 raids require minimal mechanics. Give us at least 1 raid to beat each week to get a taste of current content raid gear. Thank you!!
  7. Whulfgar Augur

I like that idea. Least 1 relatively minor mechanically sound raid.
  8. Rashod Lorekeeper

I mean as a low tier raider no flags sounds outstanding. No more flagging issues for us peons. No worries about having to do T1 raids forever before having a shot at a T2 raid that may even be easier for our specific group. Not having to flag people that can only raid once a week. Being no issues to have a group of guests attend raids. No flagging is certainly good news for us.

If I were someone who had been raiding all of TBL for the last year though I might be ready for some new content. So I think its reasonable to expect those folks to want the first tier to open up as soon as the expansion releases. Heck I would want it for us as well. Typically speaking there are 3-5 raids that we can handle each expansion and some that we cant beat a year later.

All and all it sounds reasonable to me, but omg what about the race drama?
  9. Tucoh Augur

This is a great idea for a lot of reasons with very little downside. There is so much content available at release that not too many people should be upset at having to wait a month before tearing into the new raids.
    I know you're being facetious but the only content racing that matters are on difficult raids like Mearatas. Being the first to defeat a raid that the top ten guilds typically beat in hours of unlocking is like showing up to the bar first so you can be the first one to pick up an ugly chick.

IIRC the AoW was originally first beaten right before Shadows of Luclin was released. The game is so complex that balancing it to require a guild to gear up before beating a tough boss is much harder, but I'm personally hoping the new AoW takes at least a month before it's killed!
  10. Moak The Most High

I strongly disagree with keeping the raids locked out for a month. I get that some people don't want to play over the holidays, but you have always had the option of not playing then. If Daybreak really cares about quality of life they wouldn't do things like require going back 4 expansions and finding every collectible as part of their "new content".
    sauron3030, Emarra, Metanis and 3 others like this.
  11. bbanz Elder

percentage points? More like .05% balance...
  12. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

I'm not really sure how I feel about it either to be honest. I love that there isn't raid flags progression(its really annoying when it comes to low attendance people), but at the same time I don't like that they are time locked so to speak. We aren't on progression servers and thus we shouldn't be treated as such. If my guild wants to raid and I don't, I don't. There is no gun to my head, nothing forcing people to play BUT THEIR OWN DECISIONS. I don't need you to decide for me
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Haha I hadn't thought of that. RECORD BURN GOOOO!! :)
    Jordis likes this.
  14. enclee Augur

Calm down, they’re doing it because they need more time to develop the raids.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Nope. We have to be done during beta as we won't have players later. And we'll also be on vacation for a chunk of that time.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How about releasing a special expansion raid in the middle of the year (kind of like anniversary content; e.g. GMM raid)? Get some pop up during the yearly lull.
    Jordis likes this.
  17. enclee Augur

I have a hard time believing that there won’t be any tinkering or tuning Tier 2 or Tier 3 raids.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  18. Lilura Augur

why you launch every year around Christmas is baffling. Why should you spend December putting out fires from the inevitable bugs at launch? Just let it sit until January.
    Emarra likes this.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Is it ever a time of the year that is really perfect for a launch? Not every day in December is a holiday. There is no way to make everyone happy - in anything on FQ but in particular with launch date.
    Coagagin likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Holiday spending ??
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.