Test Update 10/08/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Jalelorf Augur

Of all the items you guys should be working on and you pick escape abilities for every class? These have been working just fine since the last time you nerfed the crap out of them. Now you spend what little resources you have on something stupid like these abilities, AGAIN? WOW

Make the game better and stop changing things you implemented 10 years ago.
  2. xmPradah Not a dude

I'd like to know why the /pick change hasn't been explained or justified by a Dev? With what is being proposed, you should just allow groups to /pick (even when there are no additional picks) but put a 30-60 minute lockout. This will allow legit players to get their camp, and prevent botters from pick hopping and stealing other player's camps. How can this even be rationally implemented when it isn't able to even be tested for fallout/repercussions? Players on test have already said they don't even get enough people in a pick to test it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Derd Augur

What is there to test, /pick puts you at evac point of the zone your entering.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Where do you end up when you drop an instance?
    Is it still splitting groups when they zone in or campfire in or drop and instance?
    If I camp out or LD in a /pick where am I when I relog? Same spot or at evac spot?

I want a choice if I join a /pick or not, not be forced into a /pick if my group or the group I'm joining is in the base zone.
    xmPradah and Duder like this.
  5. Derd Augur

I'm not sure why you compare instances to picks. Instances should still work exactly the way they do now you come out at the quest giver. A ld or camp in a active pick should leave u where you are. If the pick is gone you should be at evac spot. If you join a group after they are in a pick you will be at evac. Never been split up before so that must be a bug you're encountering.
  6. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

Hello everyone,

I would like to say that I am very happy with the direction DBG is going regarding communication and customer service for this patch. Please do not let the players that are unhappy* with the content of the patch reflect what, I am sure, everyone feels about the method of introducing future changes.
    *I must add that I agree with many of the complaints*

On to the patch itself:
    • Love the mod to NET and Jann's Veil - BUT - This only reinforces the request by most enchanters: GROUP NET PLZ!!
    • Stasis (Both of them) Please see my next post as I didnt want to fill a page.
    • Good job on the /pick change. Its about time bot groups had a mild inconvenience thrown at them!
    Discuss.....
    Saerza
    RPoo likes this.
  7. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

My issue with the misconception of what Stasis/Friendly Stasis is.... PLEASE READ!!

Stasis and Friendly Stasis: So I truly do not believe anyone at DBG plays enc as a main. It is not a "mez" effect at all.... You are in STASIS you can still click off the "freeze" whenever you want, during this time mobs do not attack, or in any way agro you even with DoT's on them. That is the key!! With Feign Death (Or for the sake of argument Death's Effigy) players can continue to lay there for as long as is necessary because even tho you may have dropped agro, standing back up when a mob has a DoT on it or in proximity to see invis mobs results in getting hit again. How many times have you used stasis near a red-con, see invis, Dot'ed or named mob? In those instances I NEED the prolonged stasis to buy me time for the mobs to disperse. There have been many times where I have used self then friendly til duration to wait out a DOT or let the mob wander off. Why is no one addressing this? Because there are hardly any enc mains left in the game maybe?...

To think of Stasis as a "fade" ability with 90 or whatever pct ratio of success is flawed. It is more unique as is the class and better described as a crowd control/management tool then a fade....

I honestly love my enchanter! They are very complicated to play and ppl are demanding of their abilities. So to say Stasis is this or that is over-simplifying what enchanters do as a whole. Please do not just throw stuff at our class bc it fits with what yer doing to all classes as I dont think the actual impact is measured. (See change to our AA Tash)

Thank you for your time,
    Saerza, Enchantress of FV

Turning Mages into godlings, Wizards into Dieties and rangers maybe not so squishy!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Spellfire Augur

9. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you read the notes, you'll see that the percentage and level references are there at the very beginning of the section about escape stuff.
    Spellfire likes this.
  10. Saelan New Member

Does this mean we can get picks of Temple of Veeshan now please?
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Took too long typing the edit, sigh.

This description would be more honest by saying: Reduced the reuse of rank 1 by 30 seconds. Changed the reuse reduction of Rank 9 from 2 minutes to 90 seconds and made it available in Underfoot. Get Evader's Temporary Invisibility regardless of distance from attackers. Added a new 2% of maximum endurance consumption.
    Because we don't want people pulling at all.
  13. Twizt New Member

So furious leap is garbage now. The whisperwind component it now has is more trouble then its worth. It only works in flat areas otherwise any sort of geometry obstruction stops it short. Furious leap was great as it was because you actually leaped forward. Why was this changed? You could combo steamjet pack and Furious Leap and cover huge distances and was a lot of fun, now I hit steamjet pack and furious leap and it drops me onto the ground...this is lame.
  14. kizant Augur

Why even bring stuff like that up? You really think they want people flying across zones like that?
    Derd likes this.