Map Help, Please

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grove, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Grove Augur

Just one of my many characters has lost the ability to see maps. I am convinced that it is caused by some errant keyboard click this character did. But I do not know what. The maps are fine for other characters even in the very same zones. Can anyone divine what I might have done and how to fix it?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

The first thought that comes to mind is maybe you hit height filter on that one and it is set as such that you aren't getting details.

If that isn't it, perhaps you changed the drop-down setting inadvertently in the upper-left of the map screen (it may say default, if you haven't downloaded maps - but if you have, maybe you switched sets somehow).

If that still isn't it, maybe you were looking at another zone's map via the atlas? If so, you may just need to press the "current zone" button on the bottom-left.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So if you hit backspace you do not see a map? Or you do get the map screen but its blank?
  4. Raytan Augur

I'm assuming you can actually open the map window, but you're not seeing anything on the map. It could be you hit the height filter on button and not seeing anything at your current Height. Near the top left had corner is a drop down window which displays a list of your maps folders. You may have inadvertently have changed this to a folder different from your other characters, so not seeing the maps they are.

If you're not getting the Map window to appear at all, I'm not sure. There's several ways to open it, so I don't think changing the hot key would prevent it from not opening using a different method. Not sure on that one if that's the case.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you do have the map but it is blank you could be zoomed so far out that you cannot see anything (that is easy to do since its just a scroll with your mouse). Usually corrects itself by just zoneing and the new zone will be in the center again.
  6. Grove Augur

Accessed by the map icon on the old Window Viewer which is equal to the keystroke described, I assume. When locating a group member by FIND I see the red X. Using scroll wheel on mouse this character can see the range go from zero to max but no map features appear.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Click your base button on the right side of the map. What happens?

And play around with the "one" 'two" and "three"
  8. Grove Augur

Clicking BASE on resolved the problem. THANK YOU!
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

YEA! Your welcome -