Silver converts back to Free - another Everbug...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NeverPayForLag, Oct 2, 2019.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

OK, now I am getting a bit angry..

Because I don't want to pay every toon for Gold I paid some parts to upgrade them in Silver (Rank II-Spells, Hero Forge etc). Because I don't trust DGB any bit anymore I have noticed and written every part and documenting changes.

After getting from Gold back two of my toons had Silver. This is what I am used to. Then I paid a mercenary slot and instantly the account converted to Free while I wanted to get a T5 Apprentice Merc which obviously didn't worked anymore.

WHAT IS THAT?

How the heck is a purchase for upgrading the toon downgrading it?
    First I thought I have written something wrong. But the second account did exactly the same thing!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Make sure you are logging in thru the patcher.

Not sure what you mean by "After getting from Gold back two of my toons had Silver." - yes some accounts revert to silver if you don't pay. So really confused when you said the accounts converted to free? Cause silver is free.

But real free says "free" in green on your character select screen while silver free says "silver" in silver.

And silver cannot have J5 mercs no matter how many slots you purchased.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

There are a lot of threads like this with confusion/rumors about the universal chat token/silver status.

In brief, your account is silver if you see the chat token on the old account entitlement page, a link to it can be found in this old thread. To my knowledge you shouldn’t ever “lose” silver if your account actually has the token.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-you-lose-silver-status.258311/#post-3800690

I’d say log out/in (with patcher) if buying something is confusing the client into thinking your status isn’t silver anymore. If you still run into issues, then I’d suggest opening a ticket:
  4. NeverPayForLag Augur

Many thanks for that feedback. I started the patcher and it was back to silver again. This is highly strange way how that code works. While it can revert instantly back to green/free I need logout and patcher to get into silver again. Oh my....

For otthers who have the same problem here again a bit more exact way how this worked:

a) Account was silver.
    b) paid Krono.
    c) Account was then gold.
    d) Account after 30 days got fallback to silver.
    e) I checked merc and needed another slot, because I wanted to buy the T5 Apprentice Merc.
    THEN I purchased the extension for another merc slot via market place.
    f) IN THAT MOMENT I tried again to get the T5 APPRENTICE merc (which is clearly available at silver, but not at "green free" and it was gone - only T2 Apprentice available.
    g) I logged out and logged in again -> still "free green" but no silver.
    h) Solution: run patcher, login and silver is back

It is highly strange and annoying that a purchase in the market place reverts an account from silver into green and a patch is needed to get the game again into silver. This is clearly a highly strange bug. If something can revert the account from silver to green online then this shouldn't be a problem to correct vice versa...
  5. Moege Augur

Wait until the server decides you have not even purchased the latest expansion while you are actually fighting in one of the zones and it was a level increase expansion. Fun times being de-leved and kicked out.

It looks like the login server is the one that decides what you are entitled to and that is now tied to the patch server and the chat service. Both of which has a habit of going for vacation.
  6. NeverPayForLag Augur

The login server was partly the ultimate horror. There is a good reason why to avoid him and even let toons stand around 24/7 to avoid login out. Sounds like the fun I had with my rogue which is most of the time on vacation since then. He got stripped of all gear and bags and veteran rewards after that mess with the login problems over a year ago. After relogin via patcher at least gear and bags were back but veteran rewards are still missing. I restarted them and meanwhile he is more than a year on new veterans and lesson is back. The DGB support was unable and/or unwilling to correct that issue. But we are lucky. DGB could have been in the security business and making the braking system of cars and busses. That would make more damage...

Sorry for the sarcasm - I am playing that bug-ridden game for too long and collecting too much incidents meanwhile...
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Stop skipping the launcher. That's problem #1.

Problem #2 is you likely are not logging out correctly. I am betting you /ex when you are done playing.

Solution: 1. Use the launcher to log in on all toons. 2. Camp out to character select, then out to Server select.

On a side note, you seem to have a LOT of issues with your accounts. My guess is you continue to skip the launcher and /ex from the game even after being told many times to stop doing that. As far as I am concerned, your issues are self-inflicted.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Can cut down step 2 to just /camp desktop. It camps just like normal (all game saves are done properly), then it closes EQ rather than sending you to the character select screen. Similarly, /camp server will camp properly and send you straight to the server select.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thought I would give this a try for a different issue many of us are having with hanging when logging out of the game. There are many posts on this. So /camp desktop does close the game without going to any server or character screen - just poof and its gone. Not sure how that saves the game but I will take your word!

However /camp server does not camp properly and sends us right back to the same issue where it hangs and then we have to close it with the red X or wait about 15 minutes for the old style log in to pop up and try to close from there which also seldom works.

I know its hard for folks that are not having this issue to replicate it. But this might have helped narrow down the issue a little for those with the "hanging when logging out" issue.

Looks like we have to bypass the server on log out - similar to bypassing the server on log in. (Yes, I always use the patcher to log in). Even with all the posts on this issue it seems its not high on the list of bugs to be looked at.
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Saving is why you sit for 30 seconds. The character being saved is done on the server side, the /camp command preps the server for your character to leave, saves any changes you made to settings or UI, and it gives the server time to save character updates; going to character select doesn't do anything to save your character as far as I am aware. /exit and /quit, on the other hand, disconnect you instantly with no warning and close the game, so settings and changes can be lost as well as potential character updates that do not always trigger a character save.

As far as /camp server, I don't use it all that often as I tend to just play one server. But last time I tried it I didn't have any problem. I will have to test it next time I log in. Now, when you say you are having to close it with the red X, are you getting sent to the old login screen instead of the server select? That is the only place that I've ever really had issues with exiting the game from.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

Nice that you bet everything, Bandwith - you would loose much. Lucky you that you don't make your bets with money :p

I bypass the launchpad und use eqgame.exe with the patchme-option . except on patchday. And the reason is simple. If you know any other method with WinEQ, then tell me (and spare me with the usual blala "don't do it - that does not solve the issue for me...:"). And I avoid the regular login server as good as possible. Like I have written before - I try to avoid everything which bugs out regularly. Staying 24/7 in zone, never use launchpad except when a new patch is released.

I never /exit. I never /camp. The reason is written by others in the posts above.

/exit bugs the game out. After login sometimes the UI is messed up (why the hell a command makes a hard exit but cannot at least save the current data to the CLIENTSIDE harddisk is beyond me). Crappy design. It should avoid waiting a minute for logout. The toon is still active on server but clientside there is no reason to bug out. /EXIT IS NOT A HARD RESET like the usual ape-grip. If somebody designs it like that then somebody is very wrong in the design intention.

/camp will often hang the game (but honestly I never tried it for years because I had so many issues some years ago with the completely bugged login servers).

The issue with my rogue years ago was surely NOT bypassing the patcher. It was a horrible state of the login servers. The patcher did not correct anything in that time. Now at least the patcher corrects issues with the /played time.

And if UI and stuff needs to be saved to serverside then something is really wrong. UI-stuff is saved on the current computer. Changes serverside should be instantly saved because connection can break down anytime in a server-client-game. Despite that, I had issues with my connection. Sometimes it breaks and the reason is the provider. Last time the router simply quit functioning - the power amp said good-bye. These things NEEDS to be adressed in a game. If a game is so sensitive that this bugs out the account SERVERSIDE then somebody should hire new developers. And this seems typical in EQ or did somebody had that in any other MMO? Missing data is logic while the disconnected happens, but corrupt data is simply a design mistake. At least in my software design area.

I had not bypassed the patcher on patchday. Else I cannot patch. Logical enough? So why this does not work and I have to login a second time with the patcher means that something went wrong with the patch - like usual - and has been corrected some hours later serverside with a runtime-patch. The second time I didn't use the launchpad. Obviously only the launchpad syncs data out. Why the normal serverside connect cannot do it - again - mistake by design.

This is only an assumption to bring logic into that issue. With using the launchpad again it has been fixed. But it seems I am not the only one who has these issues.

A internet game should be always stable after disconnect because a connection can always break down without warning. If an internet game cannot cope with that then it is badly designed.

Btw I want to know why I have to stare at a black screen for ages until that game quits properly and what data is transfered additionally... typical NSA crap or useless data transfer into the USA? Why a game needs 30s to a minute for quitting a game after logout is beyond me.... and I don't work on a lame harddisk, crappy CPU and 100MBit connection should not be too slow...and that happens without ANY tool in the background, with loading via Launchpad and exit the normal "ctrl-x"-camping-way...
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You *MUST* log your accounts and at least one character from that account ALL THE WAY INTO THE GAME using the launcher at least once per patch to keep the issues away. I don't know why. I don't care why. That is the workaround.

You post with more issues than most other people. So I am trying to drive you towards solutions. You don't want to heed the answers, and instead complain. That's your choice. I've told you how to work around the issues. It's up to you to take the final step.

Good luck!
    Corwyhn Lionheart and CatsPaws like this.
  13. NeverPayForLag Augur

Many thanks Bandwith, it surely gives ideas how to avoid it in the future. I am used to perfect running IT-Systems. If not then I optimize them to work perfectly. It always sucks if errors are present which could have been so easily avoided by a developer.

And I do complain and poke DGB with such posts until they give me back nearly 17 years veteran which is now on 1 year due to their buggy login servers a year ago :p

Perhaps i find somehow a workaround for that which does not waste so much time. I imagine switching toons for swapping tradeskill items and I always have to do it without a window switcher first to avoid bugs. This is a horrible thought and takes out the fun of the game. Despite the new expansions seems to support boxers more, this method to avoid bugs is only nasty...
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't overthink EQ. Its basic and is kinda the Fisher Price of MMORP. Perhaps your knowledge is your downfall. I see this alot in the posts - people are trying to twink computers, settings, use work around etc and yet here am I (an elderly widow woman:rolleyes:) who can't remember the last time I had a problem with anything in the game.

Edit - I guess there is a problem I have - its that black screen when camping. Ah well. Doesn't interfere with game play and I know they have server sync/connection issues.
    Nennius and NeverPayForLag like this.