{Devs} Rain of Fear Release schedule on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Briano, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Briano Journeyman

Would you please let us know how the tier release will occur on Phinigel? I recall on live that T1/T2 were available immediately. T3 & T4 were released after a few months respectively.

From what I have heard about Fippy, they had a few weeks between tier releases.

Could you please let us know how the tier releases will work on Phinigel? We are hoping that everything will go live at launch, but would like to know in advance if that will not be the case.

p.s. If you could answer about the CoTF release now also, that will save a future thread.

Thank you.
    Froger and Aegir like this.
  2. Catashe Augur

I don't expect any delay personally since there no real keying system like past expansions
  3. Machen New Member

On Fippy, it was awful. We had T1 and T2 released immediately, iirc. After two weeks, T3 released. After another two weeks, we expected to have T4 release, but nope. Instead, the server reverted to only T1 being available. We also lost the ability to teleport to RoF from the guild hall at that point. We had to wait six more weeks total to get into T4 at that point, with T2 releasing, then T3, then T4 every couple wees. Devs acknowledged the issue and said they couldn't fix it. As of a year later we still couldn't purchase the ROF stone in guild hall.

I sincerely hope they fixed all of it this time around.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It will definitely be working in time for Selo.
  5. Brumans Augur

I just assumed it'd all be available at once.

Here's to hoping it's not bugged.
  6. Numiko Augur

ToV revamp available at the start?

I'ts only T1-T2 level gear I know but it would be a good way to get people up to date with focus's and such quickly.
  7. RainbowCane Elder

8. Prathun Developer

We believe that RoF and CotF will not have staggered releases as they did in era.
    Froger likes this.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Thanks Prathun, but as I am setting up an illegal krono betting pool on this, can I get you to handicap it a little for me. Believe is 90%?
    Thanks.
    Ghaleonagas, Brumans and Machen like this.
  10. Machen New Member

Curious wording... You aren't sure? Did you guys make changes to it since Fippy, I hope?
  11. yerm Augur

I believe the titanic was an inside job, pushed by big steel to cover up their shoddy work and allow a massive insurance payout, as part of J. P. Morgan's sinister plan to control the financial markets.

Belief is worthless.

Did your test environment launch all tiers at once, or not?
  12. Prathun Developer

We don't have a requirement for "SKU open 2 weeks". The smallest time elapsed requirement check is 1 month. I didn't see anything on zone filters that requires the RoF / CotF expansion to be open for a period of time before RoF / CotF zones are available. Much is possible with scripts, but no scripts with descriptions matching the substring RoF / SKU20 have anything to do with restricting content for weeks and I literally cannot imagine the behind-the-scenes bananas that would be necessary to lock content for weeks. There is a snowball's chance in Plane of Fire that I'm going to have the bandwidth to set up a test case for this on our progression beta.

We believe that RoF and CotF will not have staggered releases as they did in era.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Can you comment then on how the Fippy rollout, the last(?) TLP to unlock RoF seemingly went pear-shaped? These stories have been noted in this thread above by Machen.
  14. Prathun Developer

If you have more info like...
    "NPC X didn't spawn for Y period of time." or
    "NPC X didn't respond to trigger phrase Z for Y period of time." or
    "Teleport switch X didn't exist for Y period of time." or
    "Teleport switch X didn't respond and instead gave message Z for Y period of time"
    ... I'm happy to look into it.

As you might imagine, searching the DB or script tool for "pear-shaped" doesn't return any helpful results. :eek:
    MasterMagnus and Yinla like this.
  15. Machen New Member

Prathun,

You have a pm from me dated July 7, 2016 that should confirm Rain of Fear did NOT all release at once on Fippy. I just went back and checked logs. Tier 1 and 2 released on March 7, 2016 on Fippy. Tier 3 (Chelsith Reborn and Plane of Shadow) did not become available until March 21, 2016. Tier 4 -- all three Heart of Fear ones -- was not available until April 7, 2016. I can provide logs of our entire guild zoning in for the first time on those dates if you need.

I am checking logs further for details on when the zones bugged out on us.
  16. Machen New Member

You also sent me a PM on March 10, 2016 stating that RoF would open in sections. Here's the text you sent me:

Mithra and Dythan like this.
  17. Machen New Member

Notice also this from the same PM exchange, regarding the guild hall portal stone being unavailable because of the prelaunch quest:

18. Machen New Member

Tier 4 was available Monday, April 4, 2016 on Fippy, not April 7 as I earlier reported. Too late to edit.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  19. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I'm looking through our logs on Fippy -- it didn't look like we had access to the T3/T4 zones immediately -- something appeared to have happened between the launch on 3/7/16 to the point we were able to zone in around 3/24ish. I didn't see any guild hall Shard's Landing alignments until that time too. Looks like we lost that functionality around 4/7-10, and regained that a few days later.

It looks like after we beat the expansion on 4/25, the zone access was reverted to only T1/T2 again.

We had an internal post on the Citizen forums about this, but unfortunately the hosting provider went belly up and we lost a good chunk of that data to reference. Perhaps Machen or anyone that played with us then has further insight, that's as much as I had time to dig into it today, I'll look more thoroughly in the next few days.
    Machen likes this.
  20. Machen New Member

Ok, here is what I found on the bugged zones/scripts. Again, this is what happened on Fippy in 2016.

On April 25, 2016 we beat the final fight in RoF to weaken the barrier for CoTF.

On April 26, 2016 we woke up and found that ROF had reverted to T1/T2 only being unlocked. We lost access to T3 and T4 zones and raids. Access was ultimately restored to T3+T4 both on Monday, May 02. Notice that this was the end of a two week voting block, the first one to occur after we lost access to the zones on April 26.

One of our guild members, not me, got confirmation from a dev on either April 25 or April 26 that they were looking into it. To the best of my recollection we were eventually told that you coudn't fix things until the voting block was over and it reopened on its own.

Also, after this point the guild hall portal stone was never restored, as we could not redo the prelaunch quest to give access to the portal stone.
    Dythan likes this.