Nice little change on /pick incoming

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Oct 11, 2019.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Link or it didn't happen
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

4. taliefer Augur

good change. how /pick should have always worked
  5. yerm Augur

Excellent change.

My ONLY concern: if players entering a zone are being forced into a pick via automated load balancing and NOT due to actively using the command, please do NOT evac them. This would mean a raid leaving an mpg trial with a dozen put into a pick, or a group at a camp whose pick shuts down, etc.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Great new way for me to troll pugs with the pick as group feature :cool:

Don't need to run across Kael and a bunch of Kunark zones anymore too
  7. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Sirens grotto transit just got easier for all folks.
    Tymeless likes this.
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

I am not sure this is always a good thing. I remember in Velks on numerous occasions, we would do a camp check only to be greeted by silence. We would then fight/sneak our way over to say UD only to find it actually camped. From there we would just pick over until we found a pick not camped and be able to pick right up where we left off. I would have been hell to be transported back to the zone in the 3-4 times it took us to find the camp open in a pick.
    Xanathol likes this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

When was the last time Siren's Grotto actually had a /pick? That's not a very popular zone even in era.
  10. taliefer Augur

no implementation is perfect. but this is a great overall change, and honestly /pick should always have put you at the evac point or entrance of the zone.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

12. HoodenShuklak Augur

If that's hell then what is not being able to pick at all?
  13. yerm Augur

The solution there is if you cleared to the not-called camp, start owning it. The folks there who couldn't be bothered to answer a cc will start speaking up real fast when people challenge them.
  14. code-zero Augur

DPS wins every time yup
  15. Silias McKendrick Augur

I assume this has something to do with hunting down people warping everywhere.
    (Was nice to be able to pick through chardok royals etc, but I suppose if this may stop some of the hacking then ok)
  16. SomeRandomGuy Journeyman

Huh? This doesn't affect warpers at all.
  17. Gottar New Member

If anything, there will be more warpers now... bots don’t care, this affects real players mostly.
    Whatever you think has been accomplished by this change, it’s not that.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. taliefer Augur

the biggest effect will probably be on The Deep AE groups, but im not sure where the evac point is in there. might be just as easy to pull to that point and still pick around.

makes aeing multiuple lower velks picks more difficult for sure.
  19. Xhartor Augur

Only really impacts the West side, East side will just start zone in if they intended to hit multiple picks.

As for the Velks, the krono framer selling AE PLing will just park mages in each pick they are using.
  20. michahs1 New Member

y'all gotta stop thinking about this in terms of classic -> velious, and look at bigger picture. there are a number of zones in the other 20 expansions, that currently have zone max's at 60 people, that this change is really gonna screw up. it's a poorly thought out knee jerk change in relation to the rest of their game.
    Yinla and Gottar like this.