Help- Bertox server w/ Trial Cliffs Glory

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Zamiam Augur

hiya , if anyone is on Bertox and can help assist me with the TBL trials " Cliffs Glory" I would really appreciate it .. its the last trial i need and ive been /general asking for help for weeks now and no luck .. you can in-game email my Main Valkari .. my play time is rather very late in the evening around 1 to 3am pst is when i log in most of the time .. I do have sun-mon off usually so can make a time to meet .. unfortunately I work tues thru sat during the days/swing so not avail during those times.. thanks for any help

also if this thread is in the wrong place sorry :( didnt know where else to post ..
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Good luck. It's one of my favorite events in TBL. It's much easier with decent DPS that can take down the adds and someone who knows the trick to target the correct cloud mob to blow up.

In case it helps, here's a video of me doing the fireproof achievement.

3. Zamiam Augur

Ya , ive watched all your vids on the trials .. im working on a box team that im hoping will be able to handle the dps but that team is a few months from ready .. war-clr-wiz-ench-mage-bst .. I dont know if beast will be the 6th or if i'll level a zerker or fill it with a second healer shaman .. that is still up in the air .. until then .. i'll keep asking in general for some assistance..
  4. HanktheTank Journeyman

It's a piece of crap event. I would help you if I was on that server, but I am not. I just hope that there is no event like it in the new expansion.
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Not on bertox, can't help ya.
    But when you need help reaching out with specifics like this is the way to go.

I hope you get some folks to help you.
  6. Laronk Augur

What's the trick, is it jsut /target mob_name_0 ?
  7. Tucoh Augur

Yes. I don't remember the exact name.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like it's 03, but I could be remembering it wrong.

Oh, and it's /target mob_name00 not /target mob_name_00

No trailing underscore before the numbers.
  9. Brohg Augur

10. Whulfgar Augur

Perhaps its time to leave that server bro ?
  11. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Not on Bertoxx or I'd help too. Its a challenging mission to say the least. I'd say its probably a toss-up with Strange Magic for the most challenging instance in the TBL group game. Once you've beaten it its actually kind of enjoyable.

Can you give us some specifics as to where you're lacking?

Usually this trial can be won pretty easily with a decent tank and a backup healer. A merc just doesn't quite cut it. A paladin, a druid or a shaman might see you through. I main a shaman so I'm pretty biased in that I think every group should have one.
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Zamiam Augur

Update: was able to find some people on bertox who helped me thru the "Cliffs Glory" trial .. what a pita but done .. thx for your feedback all ..

We were lacking in both heals and Dps .. we were using 2 healer mercs and not really enoough dps ..

I have multiple accounts, 1 account has a 110 war and another account has 110 cleric .. we ended up using my healer + 1 healer merc . and had a War tank and SK off tank + a boxed bard and an enchanter and my warrior sat outside and was just added to task ..

so yes you really need a good tank + real healer type + dps to do that trial .. imho ..
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Glad you got it done.

The easiest way to win is the right group makeup. Warrior, Paladin, Chanter, cleric, 2 DPS. Warrior on the main mob with pally off tank. Pally can help heal. Enchanter keeps up spell guards. I pet class DPS is a great backup for a downed tank.

Have ENC save Glyph spray, which might seem counter intuitive, but the frequency of the AEs makes a one time use AA pretty useless, except for if someone dies, at which point you can hit the insta cast glyph spray after rez until they get assurance and brells back, and the spell guards. Also save geomantra clickies for immediately following a rez.
  14. Tucoh Augur

This seems like an overly specific set of recommendations.

Just about any coherent group that includes a tank, a healer and some ADPS/DPS mixture will be able to do this event if they do it properly.
    Brohg likes this.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yeah. I shared a strat that works well for players with lower gear/AA to beat a difficult event. How inconsiderate of me to think about the people who might be struggling. Next time I'll just throw out a #gitgud filthy casuals want everything for free just don't suck so much and it'll be easy.

That's how we were able to get consistent wins pre-nerf, and it's a very sound way to build a group for people who are struggling. I mean really it could have be shortened to just say "It's easier with an off tank and a chanter" but I chose to elaborate a little more than that, because that's who I am. No apologies for that.

But yeah, your use the trinity like always tip will work too.
  16. Windance Augur

Glad you got it done.

The key to getting a win is to take your time and not rush. After each boss you can wait for your discs to reset. Just ignore the green cons and keep killing off the timed yellow cons. When you are ready you can use the trick above to kill off the green correct green con to start the next boss fight.
    Tucoh likes this.