Baz price scripts are getting out of hand

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sindace, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

100% wrong..

The acceptence is already given..

Its a known fact .. they can TRACK anyone using those 3rd party programes .. thats 100% a fact.

It is also a 100% fact, that people here now ARE using those programs ..

Thee only difference would be to allow the player base to make the decision for themselves .. if they want to associate / play with .. those players.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

What ?

I do not know where you got this.. But I do not believe it.
  3. Nniki Augur

vm = Virtual Machine

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230630767-What-things-are-not-allowed-on-Phinigel-
    https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-phinigel
  4. Whulfgar Augur

5. Whulfgar Augur

So whats your opinion Nniki .. on changing the names floating above our heads in game in such a way as to know this person or that person runs 3rd party programs (to make them better players) so that we .. the player base can decide for ourselves if we want to play with them or not ?
  6. Nniki Augur

I don't imagine they'd be willing to implement such a feature. Even if they would, I don't believe the majority of their detection methods are currently real-time, so it would probably take a non-insignificant amount of time for them to implement such a thing.

Personally, I don't think it would be healthy for the community, and most people already know who is or isn't running said software on their server without a name color telling them so.

Almost always, the person eventually gives it away somehow:
    • Entire bot crew saying the same thing in a public channel or in /say while you're near them
    • Tanks auto-taunting
    • Using the "stick" follow function (whether staying on mobs moving all around or auto-following bot crew)
    • Automated gameplay / AFK fighting somewhere
    • Auto-responses to camp checks
    • Run around the zone directly to collectible locations
    • Non-trackers that know when a certain creature has spawned and where
    • Post pictures of UI or livestream showing things like additional spell information in spell inspect windows, stuff that should be invisible on track, advanced loot selections on item inspect windows, NPC names with con color, etc.
    • And the current topic of auto-adjusting prices in the bazaar
    I think some people have been using it for so long that they don't even realize what all functionality isn't built into the actual game anymore. It makes it easy for people that have been playing forever that never run it to take a quick glance and find the things that are out of place.
    Duder and Sancus like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agree to all points except first one about toons saying the same thing at once. Other software that can do key repeats is not used for botting whatsoever. And said software has been allowed. Just to clarify so people don't start accusing someone of Moldy Quarters when instead it might be Inner Seat Boxes.
    Duder likes this.
  8. svann Augur

I dont really like any of these solutions since I often log onto my trader when Im about to logout and go through all the items to see if they are priced right. The only way to know this is to do searches, and by far the easiest way is while in trader mode. If its a choice between the above choices though Id say limit the number of searches to some reasonable number.
  9. Narlee Scholar

While I like a lot of the ideas here, and do want to do something about it. I am not convinced any of the ideas listed in this thread if implemented would actually improve the game experience significantly.

However I have actually looked at the logs that are currently available, and will lobby a case for improving the logging here so that we are able to get a better window into the problem. I looked at several servers and logs and found maybe one case where I could tell something might be automated, and the use case wasn't even the original complaint; and then I looked at everything logged for that specific trader and couldn't find evidence of it happening again, so it just was amazing timing and luck.

I am not saying price bots are not a thing, but I was not able to determine definitively using the existing logs that automated price adjustment was definitely going on during the time period that I examined (the last several days).

I will continue to monitor the situation to the best of my ability. If you know of a specific trader that is doing this, please send me a private message with the character's name, server, and details of what you think the player is doing. If I think it warrants taking a look, I will make time to do so.
    Zunnoab, Vumad, Warpeace and 2 others like this.
  10. Duder Augur

Well, also, I'd imagine it'd be difficult to track since they aren't going to update their prices unless someone else undercuts them. So the intervals wont appear unless some one undercuts them every time they undercut. Their scripts aren't just cutting down their own prices without being undercut to prompt their scripts to update.
    Warpeace and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You'd have to set up a trader, with each of the items the person you suspect is doing it. Price every single item the person has just a little lower and wait. Then when it runs, check the logs. You'd find that every single item has been undercut by the exact same percentage.
    Vumad, Tucoh, Warpeace and 2 others like this.
  12. Duder Augur

You can just set 1 item, they will undercut it the same as if you changed all of them, same interval, but would be easier to spot if they constantly did their entire stock in an inhuman way.

Used to be able to search google relatively easy and get a result with the exact code from a popular site that offers such things.

These are bazaar mule accounts though paying for themselves with krono generated with their illicit practices. Once you are able to identify them, it'd be more an impact to track where the plat/krono end up and then take care of the parent accounts rather than the trader account... or heck, both!
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Laronk Augur

Sorry that was my fault sometimes we use too many abbreviations on the internet =)
  14. Laronk Augur

I can tell you the ones that instantly change their prices are actually the outliers, most of them use a much larger interval and they only change their price if someone else puts up something competitive in their range.
  15. Duder Augur

Exactly
  16. Funnonry Lorekeeper

lolol imagine if people spent this amount of effort actually doing dps more than 5 guilds might beat mearatus
    Metapsyche likes this.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'd agree with you, except that's not how this problem works.

I would adjust my price to be the lowest and no matter how often I updated it when I logged back in the other trader with the same item would be like 2% lower than me.

I used the exact same price to the last number, and it still under cut me by the same amount.

I sent the trader a tell and said I wouldn't lower my price if they just stuck with the price match. The price still dropped.

Since 99% of the time they had the lower price, they had no motivation to work with me, if they were even aware I sent a tell any. Why would they care? The guy with the lowest price gets the sale since there is no value on an item in a video game besides price. At least in RL business we can compare the quality of the work but that does not exist in a video game.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

I thought only gold accounts can sell stuff in the baz?
    svann likes this.
  19. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

I kind of wish when someone looked at a item for sale they could see who crafted it in the description. It would still be the exact same item but some people get attached to using the same tradeskiller for crafting stuff. The quality of work would still be the same but people could more easily support the person they wish.
    Vumad likes this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Seems like a good idea but that is what I commented on 2 posts up. I was using an obscure collection. I sold one for 1mil plat. Was stoked to spend the time to identify a super rare (because people were not farming it or just didn't realize the value to try to sell it) item that I could far and get caught up after returning to the game. I almost immediately ended up in a bid war with a bot as a result. It didn't take long for the bot to have 80 of them on their trader and for me to give up. I would work hard to obtain one rare item while their barter bot scooped up anything that showed up and their trader would sell it. I couldn't compete and gave up.

Now of course, some might say that wanting a 1mil plat for a collectible is too much, but obviously the item held that value. I'm not annoyed I couldn't keep farming the item for 1mil plat. I'm annoyed that I would lower the price to 95000 to see it at 947236, lower it to 900000 and come back to see it at 893249, and so on down almost no value. Then, when my 1 item finally did sell, their item spiked back up to the original price I wanted to sell mine at, because that was what it was worth.

No real person wants to spend that much time trying to compete with a computer automating a monopoly.