Test Update 10/08/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

I am in agreement with Koryu on this change. While Furious Leap does not work with lev on or while on a mount, one could leap over lava, water, or empty air without dropping down to the first change in the Z-axis that a "Step" ability does. I use Leap all the time to get to spots where I'd otherwise have to Stop; lev on; move over; then lev off -- I do not like being levitated unless the environment requires it; it seems like a Nit-picky change that doesn't need to happen. /shrug I feel like I am being forced to join the ranks of the "balloon people."
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not a big fan of this. I get a group together, we set a fire in an area we're hoping to fight in.

Darn, there is another group in this area, but we can pick zone.

So we pick, and end up somewhere entirely different?

And we're in a pick so firing back won't even fix us since the fire is in the other version of the zone.

Not everyone can SoS. We cannot always easily get back to where we were in a zone.

This would be an absolute nightmare getting to some of the open zones quests in RoS in Veshan's peak.
  3. Allayna Augur

Did the change to hybrid heals not make the patch?
  4. Riou EQResource

Didn't Dzarn say it would be the new expansions spells, then sometime later it would be back filled?
  5. Lemerian Elder

you've never seen a group fight down to an area, see it be camped, and then pick to a different pick and have an open camp to take? I take it you don't play the game?
    Bigstomp and Xanathol like this.
  6. Allayna Augur

Correct. I missed that about it being next expansion and not next patch.

7. smash Augur

As i see it stops people from monopolizing a single spot, by jmping from pick 1 to 2 to 3.

That i find positive. Can still have magicians at those spots if want. And i am sure dbg can find a way to crack down on those that do warp.

Another thing is that time to do picks should be increased to 30 min, to prevent pick jumping.
  8. Metapsyche Augur

Pick changes sound amazing. Thanks for this.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and klanderso like this.
  9. yosco Augur

No. No way.

"Pick jumping" could also be described as "checking picks for the camp that you need/want." Who the heck would want to go all the way to a popular camp, potentially with a requirement to clear into it, find it camped, /pick over to the next instance to check that one, find THAT one camped, and then be stuck for 30 minutes before you can check the next /pick? That wouldn't positively impact the game play of the majority of players.

The change to /pick in this patch, in my opinion, is not addressing whatever underlying problem the TLPs are experiencing. If you're a power player that bots a bunch of toons, you're going to just warp to wherever you're going OR park a mage there. It's trivial to park a few heroic mages with lots of pearls at locations you need them, and then just drop a toon, coth, drop the mage, invite the toon you left behind, coth them, drop the mage, and reconstitute your namer group. Rinse, repeat. It makes it slightly more annoying to farmers, but doesn't address the issue AND impacts normal gameplay.

I'm under no delusion that voicing my opinion here will change the decision to implement this change, but it should be voiced nevertheless.
    NeverPayForLag and Xanathol like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can you pelase make sure that in future all group members droping an instance end up in the same pick when they leave the instance!

Or move all mission givers to the evac spot!
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Literally only an issue in MPG, and only for raid leaders not able to figure out the work around. Doesn't need dev attention, or larger text.
  12. yosco Augur

Well, I wasn't aware /pick needed dev attention either, so maybe this will be next on their list of things to fix.
  13. Tucoh Augur

Would love if Lyre Leap had the same force adjustment that Furious Leap has.

Push: 12' Up: 2'
    Oh... so now furious leap will be as useless as lyre leap. Sucks!
    [IMG]
  14. Moege Augur

Honestly do not think it is going to impact that one person all that much, I now expect to see a mage in each pick just waiting to be invited when said person picks over.

Probably 2-3 weeks before the extra mages are leveled up. So a net gain on tlp subscriptions for however many picks a person wants to dominate. That is if they don't just blatantly warp around.
  15. yosco Augur

Next patch update:
    - Magician's COTH will no longer work in /pick zones.
  16. Tucoh Augur

/signed

What's funny is this reminds me of when I came back to GW2 after a couple years away because I wanted to dust off my old elementalist and see what new content they had, and immediately just uninstalled the game when I found out that an ability similar to Furious Leap (ride the lightning) was nerfed. I wanted to ride the lightning so hard I just said screw it and haven't looked back.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Didn't think MPG had /pic, then its been something like 10 years since I was there.

Have had this happen in GMM very, very recently when we were spread over 3 picks, pain in the butt trying to get everyone in the same one to contiune to do the progression tasks.

With the new expansion coming who knows how far from the evac spots the missions are going to be or how busy the zones are.

Other solution is to allow more people in each pick so there are less of them!
  18. Stephen51 Augur

Wish I knew the leap abilities were being changed - I'd have at least floated the idea that they stopped it dropping invis. For some classes this is no big thing, as they can cast invis while running. If you are a class who cant naturally cast invis (BER,CLR,MON(?),PAL,WAR) it relegates the use of this to POK/Non-combat zones. As a Pally the leap ability is negated by stopping and casting my 10 sec clicky invis.
    Too late now though.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

just fade it is instant for everyone, then run round for 10 mins and you can do it again.
  20. Angahran Augur

Have you also fixed it so that we can block the illusion and still get the buff part ?
    Or we still have to cast and click off the illusion ?
    Duder and yosco like this.