[BUG] Heritage crate familiars are not heirloom (despite tag).

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have been collecting familiars from heritage crates. I've noticed that the "Adoptable" version shows "Heirloom" tag upon inspection. However, when you claim the familiar, the familiar itself is not Heirloom (only Placeable). This is slightly misleading and disappointing especially when you have rare familiars (i.e. Fourth Gate Guardian, Crystalline Chokidai) that you want to move around to alts. Can a dev confirm that this is a bug and introduce a fix?

Thank you!
  2. Febb Augur

The is how all adoptable familiars are. You can pass around the adoptable item but once you claim it, it turns no trade.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

One of my biggest gripes with market place items is when they don't have the heirloom tag on them. So many people main change or split time between toons. It sucks to spend a ton of money on one toon and not be able to utilize certain things on your other toons on the account. All marketplace items including these crates and LON/prize items should be flagged heirloom. They might have provided some in game advantages years ago but by todays standards they are all cosmetic.
    Benito likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Conventionally, the "Heirloom" tag means an item can be moved to other characters via Shared Bank. It is repugnant to put "Heirloom" tag on when the item is already tradeable (no No Trade tag).

The problem is that the "Adoptable" version shows "Heirloom" so a player would expect the adopted version to also have "Heirloom" status (transferable via Shared Bank). The tag is either a bug (Heirloom IS intended) or misleading (Heirloom in error).

I see no real problem to letting these cosmetic-only Heritage Crate familiars have Heirloom status as the artwork items (with more substantive benefit of teleportation) are actually Heirloom transferable.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Instead of making a new thread about this issue, I will bump this old thread. Could the devs consider letting crate familiars be heirloom? They are already considerably rare (compared to armor sets) and only cosmetic in nature.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of them are part of the vanity achievements - so I can see why they are not heirloom after you adopt them. If they were you could easily complete the /ach across all your characters.

Just another money sink. We, the players have suggested many other ways we would be willing to give DBG our money (transfers, old collector edition items, etc).
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

True. But the artwork-teleportation crate items are heirloom so I am not sure why the same rules would apply to familiars. Familiars sells for 500k-2m (median price 1m) on my server so it's definitely not a cheap endeavor to buy duplicates for the /ach and title. Mainly, I want to move the cosmetic look around my alts though. :)
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Bump.

I just got a Feral Froglok familiar but not sure which char to put it on. Please let us Heirloom these creatures! :)
  9. Bobokin Augur

One of the problems is that many familiars can't be previewed. Take a look ... you broke it, and it's yours.

How about making all familiars and mounts heirloom? How about making all familiars able to be previewed?
    AcemoneyFV, Benito and MasterMagnus like this.
  10. yosco Augur

Is repeatedly bumping your own thread that no one else seems to care about allowed?

Asking for a friend.
    Raccoo likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd rather they made all familiars petamorph
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The thread was created in March of 2018. It was bumped in September of 2019.

The funny thing is someone else would respond to a new thread and say "you're making duplicate threads on the same issue."

Additionally, other people have responded to that thread with constructive feedback so "no one else seems to care" is a bit disingenuous.

Furthermore, people are spending 799 DBC (roughly $8) on the crates so it's a valid concern. Either, (1) the items are intended to be purely no trade and mis-marketed as "heirloom" or (2) it is really a bug and the items are intended to be heirloom.

I am not sure why someone would be so hurt by a single thread that's easily scrolled through. Dzarn was right when he remarked the forums was a "sea of psychopathy." Lol.
    AcemoneyFV likes this.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Heirloom is supposed to enable self-trading on the same account. If an item is already not No Trade, there is no reason for it to have the Heirloom tag. It seems like maybe there was a misapplication of the Heirloom tag to the wrong item, perhaps because of a copy-paste error or the shifting of an item database column. It's probably just a simple mistake and been overlooked.
    Claimable mounts and claimable illusions ought to be Heirloom, I agree. They probably just need a standardization pass to evaluate tags. Again, something overlooked because they didn't even know we considered it a problem, or just really low priority.
    Although it seems easy to flip a bit to add a tag and fix an item (if devs even agree that something is broken in the first place), it takes time to analyze a database for the changes you want to make, and you have to be careful that it's applied properly or you just end up with a different problem (imagine the Adoptables all being slapped with No Trade).
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Good points!

Yes, it seems redundant that there is a Heirloom tag on the "Adoptable" version. I did notice, however, that the same template (Tradeable Adoptable/Wrapped + Heirloom) is applied for the heritage crate illusions, mounts, and furniture. I makes me surmise that the familiars should be heirloom as well.

I totally agree that there may be unintended consequences with a change.

I am hopeful that this change may be made since I doubt any player buys crates for familiars for multiple characters (likely end collection/achievement for 1 character due to no trade).
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

16. yosco Augur

Created by Benito: Benito, Mar 26, 2018
    Bumped by Benito to not create a duplicate thread about something he cares about: Benito, Sep 23, 2019
    Bumped by Benito when thread he cares about fell off front page: Benito, Sep 28, 2019

Let's dispense with the idea that you were doing the forums a favor by bumping older threads instead of creating new ones. You were bumping your own thread. Multiple times.

Maybe this is a legit thing to be concerned about, but the community - three times - thought other stuff was more interesting to discuss.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think you would have a strong case if I were bumping this thread with a frequency equivalent to once per week or more over a period of a month. If you read my bump, I am celebrating receiving the Feral Froglok familiar but at a loss on which character to leave it on. (I wonder if would you have experienced cognitive dissonance if I merely omitted "bump" and said "Just got Feral Froglok familiar - can this be heirloom'd" in my second post?).

I am not sure what you mean by: "but the community - three times - thought other stuff was more interesting." Are you viewing the forums through like a Windows 1995 browser or UI that limits to 5 threads or something?

The devs respond to bugs and concerns so it is worth moving a thread for a second look over. Prathun, Ngreth, Absor, and Dzarn view and respond on the forums from time to time.

Granted, a single "bump" may be your pet peeve. And perhaps you may have OCD, Asberger's, or another disability where one is easily disturbed when order or patterns are changed. This I understand and sincerely hope not to cause much discomfort or grief.

Though, I am not sure if I should engage with you any further if you are the kind of guy/gal that goes berserk when another driver changes a lane in front of you (road rage) or openly berates a stranger for seeing a small piece of litter in a public place. (Littering is not nice but there are better approaches).

Good day.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

Classy.

Please don't undermine your otherwise well written post with such trash. It's not productive or appreciated.

And no, i'm not being sarcastic. You had a very well written post until you decided to interject that trash of a personal attack. I don't know you, but based on the quality of the rest of your post, I know you are better than that.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have mild-moderate OCD and have friends with Asberger's. I've also worked 2 years as a teacher in special education settings (FSC, Resource, Inclusion in secondary level). In my experience, people have talked it openly about it as diagnostic and reference. (I think the media encouraged the conversation after certain events). The conversational limits may be different in different regions, states, or cultures. In this instance, I am explaining and understanding why this person is responding so vehemently against me instead of a more ambiguous statement (implied threat). I will admit that I am experiencing cognitive dissonance by how random his attack is....

Edit: If Yosco displayed his "in game character name", I probably wouldn't have been more forthright about what I perceive to be a diagnostic comment.

We are creatures of our environment and experiences. I apologize if this has offended anyone. (I am willing to edit the post but you've quoted it and I don't want to be whitewash my trespass).
  20. yosco Augur

I'm used to people devolving into personally attacking me when they have little other recourse.

My point is simply this: highlight the heritage crate thing again for the devs all you want, but this is a 1.5 year old thread that you started and you bumped (x2 now). It has a single page of replies, which means its not particularly popular. For fun, I looked at the threads on the first two pages of the forums. All the threads of a similar age (9 months to 1.5+ years old) have over 20 pages of replies. Your page has 1. I'm not saying your concern isn't valid, but I am saying the community isn't coalescing around you to demand the same things, so bumping it is a waste of the community's time.

Again, my opinion, although the forum guidelines also state non-constructive communication, for example, bumping without giving additional information, isn't permitted.

As far as the disability comment... not even worth addressing. Stay Classy.