New Guild . . . How to Acquire Portals?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eggolas, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Eggolas Augur

How does a newly formed guild acquire the portals for zones such as FM, Skyshrine and others?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm not sure if you mean the EoK version of Frontier Mountains or the old one . . . assuming the new one, then you need someone that purchased the appropriate level of the expansion to claim one of the port clickies from /claim, and then place it.

Skyshrine doesn't have a portal insofar as I am aware, but if you are thinking perhaps of Cobalt Scar . . . the vendor that sells the portal stones is standard in the original guild hall. You can purchase a version of this npc, and others, from one of the vendors in any neighborhood zone (near the building by the gate to the guild lobby).
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A few portals were in the crates for the different races, just got a lovely one to Abysmal Sea :)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As a guild you have access to the guild door on the right in the lobby. This in turn gives you access to the generic portal guy. He can sell you a Miniature Worker's Sledge Mallet which will get you to The Overthere(RoS). And from there you can go to the other zones. Or use the nexus which is open to all to transport to Lcea.

However if your new guild were to purchase a custom guild hall or writ and guildhall then you can place additional transportation objects in that guild hall which will be the door on the left in the lobby. This items can be found in /claim or in /baz.
    Eggolas likes this.
  5. Eggolas Augur

So, by purchasing a Writ & Palatial Guild Hall package, the guild comes with all portal clickies up through the expac prior to the current one (e.g., Broken Mirror, FM from EoK, etc)? Is that correct? Then going forward, one has to purchase the upgraded edition of the expac (e.g., BL) to get the newest guild hall clickie? Again, correct?

Can the writ and the Palatial Guild Hall be purchased with DB cash and the new guild established by different accounts when all toons are in the same guild? Missed out on the marketplace discount.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not quite. If you purchase a writ from marketplace it gives you a neighborhood in your guilds name. Your guild will need 10 people minimum (alts are fine) for neighborhood/hall.

You can buy a guild hall with the writ or separate. These are in marketplace to buy. Then you can place the hall in your neighborhood.

Or you can just buy a guild hall from an NPC in Sunrise Hills. Now this guild hall can be place in any open neighborhood with an open guild plot. You find those by clicking the gate and looking for open guild plots. This way you do not have to buy the whole shebang with cash. The standard guild halls are only 20 plat but the larger one is 1k plat. Still not bad to just start out with. You could do this now and pick up the writ at a later date if a sale comes along again.

It does not matter who buys the hall/neighborhood - it belongs to the guild.

The guild hall port guy is updated when expansions are released - not when you buy them. You can see the stone needed to port there but you can't go there if you don't own those expansions.

Anything other than those ports has to be obtained thru claims or purchased from baz if someone is selling. To find them in the baz they are usually listed under "wrapped" something and make sure you read the description to see where it ports you. These are special ones that people get as prizes. Anyone can buy those and place them. They belong to whoever bought them.

Someone in your guild may have one under "claim" so they could then "place" that item in the guild hall or on the guild plot and everyone in guild can use it. But that item would still belong to them and they could take it if they ever leave the guild.
  7. Greymantle Augur

I belive they are asking about the non-vender portals. in most cases these are supplied by guildie's who purchase the deluxe version of the various expansions. In the deluxe packages there are place-able items that will port you to various 'starting' zones for the various expansions.

There are also some available from various crates for sale in the marketplace, but i belive those are random as to what you recieve.

For "standard" ports you need a guild hall, the custom purchased one's you have to outfit with the NPC's and the furniture and items. You hire (puchase) the various npc's and items from the venders in neibourhood vender area.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh I see the misunderstanding;) You only get the base portals from the guild portal guy - that does not change. Right now they include the one I mentioned and the Stratros platform from current expansion.

In order to get the special ones you would need to claim those in the expansions. But any guildie can put them in hall if they have them. Or many people sell the extras they don't want in the baz.

Don't need to hire those npc's for guild halls - they come with it. But you can always hire more if you want I guess lol.
  9. Eggolas Augur

For the benefit of anyone with a similar desire, I was told that the best way to acquire the teleportation clickies is to have someone who purchases the proper expacs (e.g., a long-time guild leader) to make an alt and drop them off because they get 999 of them in each expac.

Can anyone confirm this?
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

works - can also just have the person with the stuff put one on/in your guild. Give them the permission to place items
  11. yosco Augur

I did this with a couple of the clickies.... not that I use them very often, but... the plane of health one is really nice because running there is crappy.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Conq Augur

I've placed several of these transport clicky items in several other's guild halls. So that works. Now - years later - how do I find out where those went, on several different toons? They're lore, so I had to use a different character per placement, and I know (from trying to /claim a second lore clicky unsuccessfully) each toon has claimed the clickies, but not where they were placed - in another's guild hall. Will it show in an /output command?
    Conq
  13. yosco Augur

Just create a new lvl 1 toon and place using that.
  14. Conq Augur

Did that. Several times. Now how do find the ones I placed with those lvl 1 (or any other level) toons?
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can't since you can only see the items you have in your house/plot. You cannot see stuff you own that you placed somewhere else.

You are one of the top players and very well known on Tunare. If you asked in chat I would think someone would let you know they had one of your items.
    Conq likes this.
  16. Conq Augur

I appreciate the comment Cats, thanks. But I'm concerned that one or more clickies may be placed in now defunct guilds, so it's sort of like asking, "if you're AFK say you're AFK please?"
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. yosco Augur

Nuke all and start over? If the guilds aren't defunct they can come ask you to replace.
  18. Eggolas Augur

It would be very nice and perhaps even attractive to returning members to have old (say all those at least one expac behind the current) transport clickies available in Marketplace for DB cash.
  19. yosco Augur

It would be nice... but since those clickies are a central incentive to getting the higher tiered expansions... I doubt it'll happen.
  20. Eggolas Augur

If they sold older expacs, I would agree. However, only the current expac (BL) is listed for sale in DB Marketplace at 50% off. Why not sell the older clickies (FM Iksar Statue for example) that came with the deluxe editions of the older expacs? Wouldn't it be something that a number of returning players would like available? I don't see it costing DB revenue as people would have to wait a whole year for the next expac . . .