Preview of Upcoming Changes to Combat Escape AA Abilities

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dzarn, Sep 30, 2019.

1. GoneFission Augur

While I’m glad to get my necro back to the same aggro reduction I paid the AAs for back in the day, the non-pulling classes get hit too hard. I get that the devs don’t want the fades to be too easy to use often, but either get the re-use time or the resource hit. Not both.

Make the reuse timers control access. The resource penalty is too much for a skill that, when you need it will be when resources will be getting short.
    PCSS likes this.
  2. Teylana Elder

You make the assumption that they will listen to feedback. Personally, I have very little faith that they will. Typically, they tend to double down when they are shown that they've made a glaring error.

But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong this time. Lord, I hope I am.
    PCSS and sauron3030 like this.
  3. Ditka Journeyman

So I guess the new strategy will be to create massive trains to give you enough time to take off all of your armor and then fade.

If my stats are much lower then the cost will be lower. Having a flat % cost is just dumb.
    PCSS likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nope.

On January 13, 2014, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen was announced alongside a Kickstarter campaign. While it raised over $400,000 in support[2], this was only 57% of the goal and the campaign was unsuccessful. Visionary Realms turned to crowdfunding and currently sells pledges for the game and various levels of external testing.
    The game has been in pre-alpha since December 12th, 2017.
    At PAX East 2018, it was announced that Pantheon would be in alpha by the end of the year. However, in August 2018, Visionary Realms walked back that claim, saying alpha would be delayed in order to bring the game closer to "launch-quality in art and polish.[3]"
  5. Dovhesi Elder

Interesting familial groupage. Never realized enchanters and shaman were so closely related to berserkers and rangers... dps parse says otherwise tho. Nerf Tolzol.

Anyway, I would like to throw in my 2cp though, and mention that as an enchanter I mostly use self stasis in circumstances where I cannot utilize crowd control as a means to "escape death" (which is more often than not due to being out of mana and consequently unable to mez, such as immediately following a rez or in mana drain instances). Implementing a 20% mana cost to utilize self stasis seems a bit wayward.

Maybe consider implementing a change to the Gather Mana AA in conjunction with this, such as an instantaneous cast time and larger mana return, to provide a means of acquiring mana quickly to use in the utilization of fade should you not have the 20% immediately avail.
    PCSS, RPoo and Jordis like this.
  6. Teylana Elder

Anyone else noticed the deafening silence from DBG after the initial post?
    PCSS and Jordis like this.
  7. Tanacious Lorekeeper

They probably are completely stunned that all of us jumped on it so quickly, and might be rethinking their choices.....

Or more likely they called SOE and wanted to know what to do next, so they are busy with a pizza party right now....
    PCSS and Mintalie like this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I find it interesting that you have 3 groups cheering this one:

1) Salty SKs
    2) Salty Bards
    3) Salty Progression server players (making up about 2/3 of the first 2 categories)

You know, let's just ignore all the well thought out responses people have given about the problems with some of these changes, put a pin in it, and put a pin in the sad posts by people that seem to enjoy other people's "suffering" for no reason other than lulz.

I say, why stop here?

Need to add:

1) Necros, monks, and shadowknights have to wait 30-90 seconds on every FD for aggro to fade.
    2) Rangers and druids fade only works outdoors

Need to get it back to basics.

Anyway, here's how I think this happened:

A) Devs don't play the game for years
    B) Devs make progression servers, play the game again
    C) They think "this is great! we need to ensure players HAVE to group together! It will make us so much money!" as they group with pick up groups at level 12 in Unrest in progression server X
    D) They decide to nerf live servers as much as possible to try and force players to group together
    E) ....
    F) Profit!

Except F is more like, "annoy people, get a few people on the fence to quit, put more sour taste in players mouths for no real gain".

For once, as a paladin, at least I don't feel I'm being hit hard. Plus, I box a bard, so kinda immaterial to me. But the whole thought process is so bizarre to me.
    PCSS likes this.
  9. code-zero Augur

Or maybe they knew that restoring some fade ability to traditional fade classes while nerfing fade for classes that never should have had it would cause an outcry. They're recognizing pulling as being an out of camp crowd control as it should be and they don't want that capability universal
    Dythan likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Pulling hasn't been a thing in a decade. It won't be a thing next expansion. Move on and realize bards are an ADPS melee class that has a lot of random things they can do. As if bards are hurting, at all, in any way shape or form. If bards couldn't mez they wouldn't even matter for pulling/crowd control.

Might as well cry about the talendor mount or knight mounts while you're at it.
  11. Kwikstik New Member

As a returning player (mained a rogue for 15 years) I was very disappointed to come back and see there was a change to my escape ability in the first place. Now I was still around when the AA escapes started dropping for other classes ( I still don't understand why?!?! they got these in the first place)
    Even prior to ANY change to escape (speaking from rogue voice) it had a fair % chance to fail. I don't feel like this change makes any sense at all. What exact advantages or OP view are you working from here.
    Scratching my head on this one
    On TLP Servers rogues have 1 ability if they get a bad pull, that is escape, unless you will add the Smokescreen CA at earlier expansions, we are at the mercy of the timer now as population on my TLP server is so low , trying to get a Puller Class specifically is not viable.
    Just sayin
  12. Dzarn Developer

First off, a genuine thanks to the posters who have offered constructive feedback.

I wanted to take a moment to include one additional excerpt from the upcoming update notes as it relates specifically to useful feedback brought up in this thread:
    We're continuing to monitor feedback and will provide an update when we've finalized tuning on these changes before they go to the test server.
    PCSS, Duder, Brohg and 8 others like this.
  13. code-zero Augur

Well I wasn't crying, I will be greatly amused if there's content that requires actual skillful pulling in the next expansion. Pulling is a lot of fun
    PCSS likes this.
  14. Froger Lorekeeper

Thank you for fixing all the broken fades. We can all finally enjoy the game.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think this post was meant to give some room for feedback, as opposed to putting things on Test which means they go live as is barring some massive bug, heck, they often reuse the test patch notes down to the incorrect date when the patch goes live.

So, expecting that no matter how much gnashing of teeth there are, this change is happening, here are my serious suggestions to make it more appropriate:

1) Reduce the % mana/end to something more reasonable: 10%, 5%, 1% for the three tiers

2) Rethink classes a little on where they go, others suggested above, I don't care much, but some of the groupings made little sense

3) Fix pet summoning to no longer require the pet to be off aggro

4) Add back the perma fade invis from using the abilities, that was removed awhile back, this is a bone to players, one of the best things some people liked, for travel

5) Add a jolt aa to all classes to general tab, one of the major things these fades were used for was to make up for terrible aggro situations caused by the devs not properly balancing aggro on things, so just stop fighting it and give all classes a jolt aa that reduces aggro by X with a, say, 2-3 minute recast timer

6) If the cost isn't reduced, then reduce the timers. Pick one. Reducing cost seems more reasonable when considering the point of you trying to remove these as splitting tools

7) Allow hiatus to be used when on aggro. You keep making raids that you zone in, rez in, you're on aggro, so no way to use hiatus, at least with fade you could click it and sometimes immediately hit hiatus before the next aggro/ae pulse.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its just a consequence of the way the game is. Nothing was funner than pulling Devastation, or pulling named in LDoN dungeons to zone in with a bard. That was great fun.

We don't live in a pulling world anymore, for the simple fact of time required to do so. Mobs (in a group) die in seconds, no time to split pulls and bring things in, just snag aggro on anything you can is the new deal.
  17. Angahran Augur

Can you please answer wether these % costs are total or remaining ?
    And I thought everyone at DBG hated % based abilities ?

This basically means that as a character improves, levels, gets better gear, etc they get WORSE at fading!
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Lianeb Augur

Pulling is done with Arrows.
    No one needs FD or fade to pull, it's an obsolete skill in an evolved game that doesn't require it.
    I will admit there are niche uses for it but it's not a highly sought after skill to fill out a group.

In all honestly as a warrior take this AA away and give me just he perm invis part the original howl of the warlord gave me
    PCSS and yepmetoo like this.
  19. Natal Augur

Actually it is quite hard to successfully fade as a warrior because of all of the other restrictions such as distance and line of sight. You can split with it, but there are severe limitations.
  20. Natal Augur

If los allows. Warrior pulls in cluttered environments are usually done with precision.