Expansion Pre-Order Bonus

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Dragon Mount for the Premium Edition 2nd mount!! We got a Wyvern mount from RoS and there are plenty of Sokokar mounts, it's time we got a true Dragon Mount!!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

As someone who will pre-order when it's available regardless of the bonus I don't really care. I think preorder bonuses make sense when a company opens them up 6+ ahead of time and could really use the capitol to stay in the black before release. For a 29th or whatever expansion a one month prior preorder is a bit superfluous to the bottom line.

I do think they should open up early access 3 and 5 days ahead of release though to premium and super premium buyers. I wouldn't buy it (lol six accounts) but it's good mmo management to stagger the population. Just close off the raids for a week after normal release and there won't be a significant competitive edge raid wise.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Mounts for sentient creatures doesn't make sense.

They should make dwarf mounts instead.
    SunDrake likes this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Early Access for the Collectors and Premium editions would be a good selling point. I usually wait until they go on sale to get those versions if I end up getting them at all.
    Brohg likes this.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Blowback wasn't on the forums, it was in game and elsewhere. The blowback for all these things is always primarily in game, via feedback, and on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. Most people assumed it was just another hat ornament of some kind, I don't think the majority of people were even aware today that it was an illusion.
    Also, the blowback has always been delivered from in game.
    No, the Shroud of Relife is what you're thinking of, and even then it was a minor reduction honestly.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I think that would do nothing but frustrate people. Active raiders would hate to have the new raids not available to them right at the expansion launch. And what's more exciting for the competitive guilds...trying to be the first to beat a new expansion where they had a week+ to grind in the new content, or the first to beat an expansion where they didn't?

It also seems that for the average player that plans on knocking out whatever group progression they can as soon as possible, it's better to have everyone start at the same time. It's a lot harder to get progression done after others have moved on ahead of you.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I can't speak for raiders but as an onlooker the only times a race matters are when an event isn't beaten in the first night it's unlocked. Ex: UEE is the only raid in a few years that really mattered. I've always envisioned many raiders in EQ as people who spend ~8 months settling into a one or two raid nights a week and every release have to bust to do progression ASAP while raiding as much as their unlocked content allows. Being able to focus on completing progression without having raiding might frustrate some and be a relief to others. *shrug*

As for groupers, a few days isn't really a meaningful segregator. The guys (like me) coming in hot 5 days after the people who paid $150 for the expansion are just going to have a less crowded / competitive time getting spawns than they would if everyone hopped in at once.
    enclee likes this.
  8. enclee Augur

It's a good idea to stagger the release with the way content is designed. I don't think you'll see a significant amount of players at the deluxe/collector's edition prices. I'd just modify your early access dates by pre-order date. First month of pre-orders get in a 5 days early, as an example.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ok.......
  10. Mintalie Augur

The clickies that take you to zones have always been my favorite pre-order bonus. That being said, if there were another in-game lamp-type thingamabob for the next expansion, that would be even better...

which would mean that it would make no difference to me what the pre-order bonus is.

Just so there is some convenient way to get to new zones, I'm happy!
    Greymantle, Elyssanda and Duder like this.
  11. Morthakia Augur

I buy the collectors edition exclusively for the guild hall portal clicky. Had I known that the TBL clicky would take me to the start of the initial zone that is accessible from Plane of Tranquility, I doubt I would have bought it. EoK and RoS had great port-in spots because the spots weren’t easily accessed. More of that would be fantastic.

As for the Wishing Lamps, I really like the implementation. I don’t think I would have enjoyed TBL nearly as much if the wishing lamp didn’t exist to offer quick access to Aalishai/Empyr (porting to Esianti reduces the Mearatas run burden). That said, I do wish they were slightly harder to obtain. From my perspective, it should have required completing all of the missions.

On a related point, I do like how there were unique power-granting rewards for each of the major achievements in TBL: Jann’s Veil, Wishing Lamp, Flying Carpet, Djinn Crate, Aug Empowerment... this really motivated me to complete the whole expansion as well as offered replay value on my alts. Bravo for this.
    Greymantle, Elyssanda and Tucoh like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Dumb Q: What do you mean by aug empowerment?
  13. Morthakia Augur

I’m referring to the ability to convert the TBL weapon augs to add procs upon completion of all the challenger achievements.
    Tucoh likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Oh yeah, totally agree. That's a huge aug and I love it when the reward for challenger is something big instead of say, RoS' weapon augs or EoK's skeleton illusion.
  15. NoobiusMaximius New Member

Will new player get access to TBL as soon as they pre-order the next expansion, or would they have to wait until the new expansion is released to get access to TBL?
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

With their new ice shader the mount should be made of ice.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ice Dragon ftw!!
    Yinla likes this.
  18. Whulfgar Augur

Only issue with that is .. if no dragon's in this new Expansion mini Velious..

Would be no reason for a dragon mount.
  19. Greldek New Member

Like back in 2002 from the safehouse? damn what a memory. IIRC it was a barbarian rogue who first posted it, Fricka I think.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Dragons eat Norrathians that attempt to put a saddle on them. And if they even thought of riding without a saddle, a good blast of breath weapon is great at cleaning scales.
    Jennre, Atank, Thunderkiks and 4 others like this.