Fall into Fun Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Herf Augur

Well I have my +5 Dead Horse Beating Stick ready so I'll just close my contribution to this thread by noting the announcement said: "Fall into fun Sale. 25% off the ENTIRE Marketplace (Members Only)"
    Use of the term "sale" implies to me an added bonus, a discount, over what we normally have. When coupled with a number, 25%, that would tend to suggest 25% off the normal cost for "members only".

If they didn't want to seem cheap by admitting to a 15% sale, they could have stated it like this:
    "25% off all items...instead of the normal 10% off which members always get as a bonus to their membership."

That would have been a decent marketing add as it would have still used the 25% number to attract attention, and it would have pointed out to non members that members get a 'free' 10% discount on store items every day of the year. In addition to other bonuses such as the 500 free DB cash per month of membership.
  2. Derd Augur

All that info is on the web site in colorful type under membership, its not hidden from anyone.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

3 Rogues and a Monk walk into a bar....
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Only members get 25% off. NOT Only members get an ADDITIONAL 25% off. Saying members get 25% off during the sale and members get an additonal 15% off during the sale is the same thing fyi.

I can imagine the uproar if they said members are getting 15% off. OMG ONLY 5% more WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!

Saying that during the sale members are getting 25% off is absolutely and completely correct nor is it misleading if you have a good command of the English language.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure how much more plain it could be. "Fall into fun Sale. 25% off the ENTIRE Marketplace (Members Only)" Lets brake that down.

1) its a fun sale but yeah I guess people could say thats subjective so maybe it's not fun for them.
    2) 25% off the ENTIRE marketplace. Lets see... let me test this.. if I buy something yes I get 25% off. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    3) Members Only. Well.. its just a sale if you are a member.

Yes some folks may not have a good grasp of things and misunderstand the statement but the statement itself is fine.

Could they have worded it differently for those who don't get it? I guess so but the statement is fine as it is written. They could have said members usually have 10% off but during this sale they will have 25% off. But we still come back to the fact they said the sale will give you 25% off. It is not the fault of DBG that some people mentally throw in the word "additional 25%" in there when they read it.

But in the end since this happens every time they announce a marketplace sale maybe they should change the wording for those who have problems comprehending what is an accurate statement.
  6. Dahaman Augur

Just info.. maybe too late to help...

On Coirnav, the mounts were listed as 1495. The discounted was listed as 0. I bought it anyways as I had been waiting since January for it. The charged amount was 1495 less the 25%.

So, even though the displayed cost was wrong, the charged amount worked properly for me.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

Thanks for the info! I will let them know.
  8. Rayzen Elder

The in-game Event Calendar says that Oct 1-Jan 1 will be Bonus experience, and a chance to find rare items etc. I haven't seen any other announcements. I also haven't logged in to play yet, so I don't know if it's active. Seems like a long stretch of bonus xp.lol Any further information we can get maybe? or is the Calendar's info just wrong?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats under hot zones, I suspect they have just changed which zones have extra exp and items.
  10. mewkus Augur

11. Riou EQResource

EXP bonus for 2 weeks, started yesterday, should be 50% boost