Potential Bug: Bandolier Swapping in Any Ranged Item with Same Name

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Sep 26, 2019.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I use "/bandolier activate" to swap out my Reclaimed Gyroscope with throwing axes.

Recently, I finally tributed a bunch of GMM: Darkness Howls loot that has been in my bags including a couple Reclaimed Gyroscopes.

Tonight, I got a new aug that I thought would replace my ranged Type 5, but when I inspected it, found that my Reclaimed Gyroscope had no augs. It SHOULD have had my Prayer Shawl of the Duke (Shawl 3.0) and a Mortal Corporeal Brawny Zephyr (Purchased TBL Type 5).

I'm wondering if "/bandolier activate" has been swapping in just ANY Reclaimed Gyroscope in my inventory, not the specific one that was temporarily unequipped. Even right now, "/bandolier activate throw" is swapping in an empty Reclaimed Gyroscope. If so, then it re-equipped the wrong one and I inadvertently tributed two augs that I didn't want to get rid of.

Has anyone else been running into this issue? Where /bandolier activate is not swapping back in specific ranged items when there other similarly named items in one's inventory?
  2. Duder Augur

Ohh this is a good point, sorry to hear, no good at all
  3. Brohg Augur

Tribute my wall lamps?
    [IMG]
    this feels ill-advised
    eepok and niente like this.
  4. birdsong_pawn Augur

I noticed this problem when I had two Conflagrant Rapiers with different augs.

The bandolier algorithm can't tell the difference between items with the same name. If you have several items with the same name, and none of them are equipped, I think the bandolier algorithm grabs the one that is highest in your bags. Make sense?

Sorry about your augs. Losing the shawl aug really sucks.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

That does make sense. It's good to know that someone else has had the problem. It increases the probability that they will grant the petition to have the augs reissued.
  6. Derd Augur

Be a exceptionally nice in your petition and you might get lucky. But as The game is designed it has no idea which of those 2 items you're trying to swap in . It just picks the 1st one it comes to. So technically it's not a bug.

I do plan on making a post and putting it on our Guild website and others might want to also just as a reminder. I always try to remember to check any item before hitting the button. But I also accidentally have tributed something I didn't want to
    eepok likes this.
  7. Lifeshriek Augur

You can get the shawl aug group version back probably if you say " lose " to Kerst Frostrift in PoK if the petition doesn't end up working to get it back, at least.
    I wonder if they could add something in like a number following the item name to avoid this in the future, maybe something you could put in to your /bandolier activates.
  8. Nniki Augur

Used to run into it with dual Hornscale Blades back in EoK as well.

Maybe they could use an interaction/transaction ID (if they store that sort of info) of the item if it's available to the client. Another possibility would be adding a custom ID field, but that's probably more work and less user-friendly.

They probably wouldn't want to check the augmentation signature, as that would break the bandolier any time someone changed augs/ornamentations.
    Brohg and eepok like this.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

Follow-Up -- Augs were replaced by granted petition. Hopefully they figure out a way to improve "/bandolier activate".
    Vumad and Nniki like this.