Warr/Bard/...?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Wildjester, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Wildjester New Member

Hi All,

i plan on starting a new heroic 3 box. Casual player, the Warr/Bard are locked. I am trying to figure out which Melee/Hybrid would go best. ( no mage/wizard i know their easy but want to run with a melee) I will run 1-2 heal mercs as needed Prefer to merc as little as possible so need a quality dps for third spot. ( i try to leave as many spots open as possible to invite what little group is available in this game.
  2. Brohg Augur

Level cap ranger, beastlord and rogue are in great spots atm and power up beautifully with bard.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

you could do alot more with a cleric alt TBH but thats up to you really...
    Gundolin likes this.
  4. Coronay Augur

I agree with Orbital. Do a cleric as your third then you can have 3 wiz mercs AFK DPS (which is awesome) or invite whoever you want to your group.
  5. Lanadili Elder

I box a Rogue with my Bard and the dps is awesome.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Those classes are all kind of super busy to box though, you should mention that
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  7. Thash Zoner

I like war/bard/shaman, you can park the shaman for tough camps and pull to it, or just stay mobile and let canni keep your mana up while you melee. Little burst, but surprisingly decent baseline dps. And a very, very stable solid and mobile group even without mercs.
  8. Zaknaffein Augur

Warrior/Bard/Druid - Best 3 box team EVER!

Been playing this settup for years, have tried every class ( except SK and monk ) and this one by far is the best and most fun to play.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Brohg Augur

OP requested melee dps /shrug
  10. Thash Zoner

Indeed they did. I can read, but also between the lines a bit, I think.

The suggestion of shaman isn't off-topic or irrelevant. I often box the very group and can vouch for the inclusion of a shaman over a hybrid class such as a beastlord, or any other melee or hybrid. The shaman brings so much to the group, and is perfectly capable played as a melee - with the pet, and your spells, you'll easily outdamage the warrior and bard in addition to everything else. Canni keeps you fresh and on your toes. And mercs do a certain amount, but you WILL need those group heals. I could go on and on!

Anyway, I meant well.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Its also about been able to take old raids content where merc aren't allowed
    Zandy and Coronay like this.
  12. reggatta New Member

Level up a cleric, as mentioned above (orbital101) so you can do the raid content that does not allow mercs. Try a BST also, since it fits your melee requirement and can be a blast.
  13. Wildjester New Member

I had a shaman, so i gave it a whirl. Actually not terrible to be honest. My reasoning for the warr/bard is the warr can lock in agro with relative ease and allow me to "play" the melee dps for the most part. bard is off in the back with melody and just a alt tab away to mez down my screw ups.

I have tried 3 wizards and it does work until i get to "challenging" content, and then i just cant keep the group alive with just the shaman ( likely me, or a boxing issue) so if i am going to resort to using a merc healer i may as well just leave him on reactive and let him do all the healing and up my dps with another toon. Still trying several ideas out.
  14. Makavien Augur

I use a mage in my box team as a warrior and bard . I basically coth myself around everywhere after I run to wherever with selos on the mage . Which makes questing pretty fast. And camping multiple named throughout a zone is pretty ninja like.

The mage puts out a lot of dps while still being able to focus on the warrior enough to do that job and if the warrior dies I can always back the bard off and put her in cc mode while the mage finishes off the named or whatever. Plus the bard boosts both of them fairly well with a 4 song melody and now dichotomic added into the mix with 3 burn boost keys . Plus I have double invis .

I usually sustain around 70 k on the mage 25 ish k on the warrior and 20ish k on the bard. and I use 2 healer mercs and 1 wizard merc on most content.

I actually don't grind like I did a couple expansions ago but I could gain quite a beefy amount of aa and gear to sell on the server I play on .

If I want to do old raids I bring a healer friend or I use my free to play 100 shaman.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  15. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

How much more would you sustain as war/enc/mage or would it be the same?
  16. Makavien Augur

Since the warrior would get very little adps from the ench I would assume it would go down unless I focus even less on the warrior. I would also get around slower since selos makes the mage super speed.
  17. Ranonman Elder

I went with War/Bard/Druid. Worked out pretty well for my needs. Ability to tank, tracking, healing, and porting. NP!!!
  18. MS01 New Member

Zerker boxing is a pain, as even with max end AAs, and chaining Dico and rallying Cry on bard, they run out of endurance fast. Go rogue. High sustained, good burst, and since hes SoS on the pull, if you screw up, the recovering is is simple. Not tried a monk.
  19. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

Yeah, i vote Rogue as well. With a War tank and Bard Haste, they can do some nice stuff. Plus Selos+SoS is hard to beat.
  20. SteelToe Elder

Looking for an update to Bard/Rogue/Warrior box. It's a combination I have not tried, although I have used Bard/Rogue/Mage (all 110s now), with a ranged Ranger and earth pet tank.

Is this superior to Bard/Shaman/Warrior? What are the strengths and weaknesses other than trying to equip and AA the warrior?