Live Update Bugs 09/18/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Warpeace Augur

Maybe add the bypass launcher as standard into the game files as a QOL thing? This does seem to come up time and again.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It looks like when the partial taunt messages got updated, one of them didn't get completely changed to the new format (calling it a partial success vs a fail)

//Partial Taunt - Old (Self Only)
    [Tue Jul 09 11:52:40 2019] You have failed to capture your target's attention.

//Partial Taunt - Current (Other)
    [Mon Sep 23 19:25:32 2019] Maenn was partially successful in capturing Unfettered Emerald Excellence's attention.

//Partial Taunt - Current (Self Only)
    [Mon Sep 23 22:11:45 2019] You have failed to capture Combat Dummy Jaka's attention.

The updated Self message should probably be something like:

[Mon Sep 23 22:11:45 2019] You were partially successful in capturing Combat Dummy Jaka's attention.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

After crashing a 2nd time trying to throne of heroes whatever happened the first crash seemed to have corrected itself.
  4. Dzarn Developer

Preview of the change coming in next month's update:
    Paladin - Hand of Tunare - Increased the number of counters on this ability to 20 to account for the fact that a successful twinheal focused with the mana penalty will consume 2 charges per cast. Reduced the duration of the ability from 6 minutes to 5 minutes and reduced the reuse time of the ability from 18 minutes to 15 minutes. Updated the ability so that the healing component of your Denouncement and Valiant Deflection line of spells will continue to be twincast but the initial mana cost of these spells will be increased to compensate.

It was noted in another thread that recoursed heals with a mana cost were consuming 1 charge instead of 2. This was happening because recoursed spells do not charge their mana cost but do have the ability to twincast so the section of the code that would have consumed a charge for the mana focus was not hit while the section of code that consumes a charge for a twincast was hit.

To ensure expected and consistent behavior I've added an additional mana focus section to the buff that increases the cost of detrimental paladin spells that cost mana that contain the SPA to trigger another spell, which in this case limits it exclusively to spells in the Denouncement and Valiant Deflection lines. Meaning you will get the expected twinhealing but you will incur the mana penalty on the initial spell cast.

The reuse/duration change is part of a longer term effort to normalize recast timers around fewer variable values, so reuse timers like 20 and 15 are preferable to 18 and given that I expect players to run into the 10 cast cap before the 6 minute cap, a reduction of 1 minute for the benefit of reducing the recast by 3 minutes is intended to be an improvement.

Finally, as it is tangentially related to the usability of Paladin heal spells, I would like to note that it is in the works for the next expansion (and will eventually be backfilled afterwards) that hybrid heal spells are going to start using target type 51 (like Lay on Hands) so hybrids will not have to swap targets in order to heal the target of their current opponent.
    Dsuna, Skuz, Wulfhere and 10 others like this.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

Raid Say chat is not being picked up by my log, anything I say in it will, but anyone else saying anything doesn't.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes, it is. There is no bug here.

They fixed a small bug where raidsay had an extra space in it so it isn't showing in older parser version if that is what you are using.
  7. sojero One hit wonder

I do hope you give this to all healers, including Cleric, druid, shamans.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Maybe that needs to be clarified as what spells this will effect and what classes? I like they are being upfront, however this could use class input I would think.
  9. xmPradah Not a dude

Unable to change chat filters (Options>>Chat) to Show/Hide/Myself/Group Only, etc. The drop down box is either not dropping down, or is a tiny drop with no options. This is happening on 6 different accounts/computers.

Found while trying to hide all Taunt messages, but doesn't appear to be working for any that I've tried.
  10. Aziuno Augur

11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The links for the 50% off TBL are not working. If you try to buy the page is just "buy" with no options as to which version or discount.
  12. niente Developer

The Taunt Messages filter doesn't have these options (at this time).
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

14. xmPradah Not a dude

but this is not working for any chat filters, now. I'm not talking exclusively about Taunt - but opening Options, Chat tab... I can no longer modify any of the Show/Hide/Group/Self Only options.
  15. xmPradah Not a dude

And, please make these options available for Taunt... I don't want to see every pc and pet's taunt messages, nor I do want to create bogus chat windows to throw them into :(
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Thanks Dzarn.

I'm a little concerned about how this part of the patch will affect Protective Devotion. It might end up consuming 3 charges and cost +200% mana if it fulfills all 3 spdat actions.
  17. Drakah UI Designer

This may have been already mentioned on pg. 2 but to reiterate because it is super annoying getting my own messages to myself now...

The new update for "Tell" text in the log file says "Soandso tells you, message." If YOU are the one sending someone a tell, it says the exact same thing. So it looks like you are telling a message to yourself. It should be "Soandso tells you, message" and "You told Soandso, message".
  18. Brohg Augur

I hear the programmers are on top of it, for October. Meanwhile, temp fix at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gina-and-receiving-tells.259606/

^(?<name>(?:\w+\.)?(?!{C})\w+) (tells|told) you, (?!'Attacking |'I will attack |'I am unable |'By your command)

${name} sent {c} a tell
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Logged on to Bristlebane server today, only went to server select to check what chars I still had there. On logging back to server select I got a black screen and had to tab out and close manually.

Same when for the other half when he did the same thing.

Also happens when I logout on AB just hangs with black screen.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Research bug

Bard song Pulse of Salarra Rnk II level 96 spell - uses a sortilege sheet (level 97) instead of a rough sortilege sheet