Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Silverstone Journeyman

This riposte change effected reactive heal procs badly for paladins. Tanks have the highest AC and are missed the most. I don't care about being able to riposte 20-30 mobs at once. What you did in this patch was nerf our healing procs and damage slightly even against 2-4 mobs. And that is the huge nerf.

Nerfing our heal procs and damage slightly turns us into a glorified mage pet versus multiple mobs. Raid mage pet 320k hps, and a much better damage shield to still swarm mobs. I already see pets tanking equal or better than tanks, Shaman pets, mage and beastlord pets I have seen tank many tbl namers better or equal. I play a wizard also and the pet tanks in the group because the tank of the group can't handle the mobs.

This still won't solve people afk farming with groups of mage pets.

This is a direct nerf to tanks, it went to far, should have given the ability to riposte 3 ish mobs at once.
  2. Twizt New Member

Any parry should have a chance to be met with a riposte, any miss should have a chance to be met with a riposte.
    Xeladom likes this.
  3. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

[IMG]
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

AC has ZERO to do with misses.
    menown likes this.
  5. Zanarnar Augur

So I'm curious, as I would assume the hit/miss check is just ATK vs AC

What is the calculation for a miss? (Not taking into account blocks/parry, dodge, or riposte. Just the hit/miss calculation.)
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You have a baseline mob accuracy. If orc_01 has a 50% hit accuracy rating, he has a 50% accuracy rating. So it misses 50% of the time (since miss is now the first check), then it goes through the remaining checks on any successful hit (riposte, parry/block, dodge, shield block), which further reduces its effective hit percentage on you. Then, on any of those non-miss avoidance checks, the mob's heroic strikethrough value means the mob actually lands a hit on you even though you had a successful avoidance check. After all that, the orc may be landing 30% of its swings on you.

You avoiding a mob attack with a dodge is still a mob "hit", you just dodged it.

AC is what determines how HARD the mob hits you. Its the dungeons and dragons inspired 20 sided die roll of DI1 (min hit) through DI20 (max hit). Mob attack versus your ac, so the higher your ac goes, the further to pushing your DI distribution chart closer to the bottom, the higher the mob attack or the lower your AC goes, the more it pushes the DI distribution chart closer to the top.
  7. niente Developer

Start with "Computed Defense" from this post
    - reduce if you're throwing/shooting a target in PVP
    - roll Offense (based on Offense skill + Weapon skill)
    - reduce if inebriated
    - give a bonus if it's a BER
    - EQ math ((+ 10 * 121) / 100)
    - Add SPA 518, 216 (Accuracy)
    - Multiply by SPA 184 (chance to hit)
    - add a small Offense bonus if the attacker is a low level NPC
    - roll avoidance (using Computed Defense)
    - if the Offense roll is higher than the Defense roll, it's a hit, otherwise it's a miss
    Szilent, Nniki, Mithra and 11 others like this.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I feel like this phrase needs to be used more in life.

So much wisdom in the Code!
  9. Zanarnar Augur

With our AC split back into avoidance/mitigation, I assumed the avoidance side factored into it. (or rather all the stuff that contributes to that number, comes into play with a miss). Sounds like from skimming Dzarn's post I'm close. (that one I missed back in 2014 and its going to take some time to digest it all.)

I really love seeing the details behind the game too. Thanks for the explanation!!
  10. menown Augur

AC was not the stat that was split. Mitigation in the old inventory window was misleading, and therefore split to mitigation and avoidance. AC has been AC all along, and does not contribute to avoidance.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The avoidance ac part is just derived from defense skill and +avoidance mod2.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

And agility, at least according to this bit:
    Step1 = (DefenseSkill*400) / 225
    Step2 = Step1 + 'Agility Bonus'
    Step3 = Step2 + 'Item Avoidance'
    Step4 = Step3 * 'Drunkenness Reduction'
    If Step4 < 1: 'Computed Defense' = 1
    Otherwise 'Computed Defense' = Step4.

from the post linked in niente's post.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yes, but regular agility is almost meaningless.
  14. mackal Augur

Display AC before was a combination of mitigation and avoidance.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Silverstone Journeyman

Ok, been playing around testing since the patch. Been playing a paladin 12+ years logging in every day, been Dexterity since before I can remember.

Findings with dexterity after patch: Very few procs/reacitves against mobs, shield was augmented versus 1 mob and I take a lot less damage now versus 1 mob then before. Shield is broken versus multiple mobs, might as well stay 2 handed, you will take only slightly more damage. Being full dex, in the new gmm 2 handed, 1 mob could almost 1 round me or take me very low

I decided to change to stamina, Findings: #1 Loss of dps 20-30k on average. #2 I started having many procs/reactives going off again, I had to test this thoroughly because less dex should equal less procs. I actually witnessed several more procs going off with less dex, played for hours and the same held true. #3 Shield still made little to no difference versus multiple mobs, same as with a dex template. Survivability was increased still against 1 mob. #4. I could now take on 2-3 mobs 2 handed in the same gmm mission with nothing running. I rarely needed to throw a heal in with the merc healing. Still can't explain this one, unless the mobs are on raid attack tables for accuracy. Higher dex should have gave me more parries/dodges etc, but less dex helped more.

Beyond the added 20-30k dps, it appeared somehow dex effects were broken. Unless the gmm mobs are using raid accuracy ignoring defenses, that would explain the findings.

Currently if you a main tank in your group, there is no reason to go dex over stamina. That 20-30k dps is not worth the extra survivability.

The riposte changes themselves in older zones were only an annoyance. Mobs still died fast, but it seems like that added time would cause more lag with the servers? I am not a techy though.

If your plan was to get rid of fast xp, there is still classes that provide xp faster than swarming did. I will let you figure those classes out. Or afk classes that kill and earn xp.
  16. kizant Augur

How long were these parses? What were your proc rates? Chances are you're not really seeing a big difference. It's not like hdex has a big effect on proc rate once your combat effects is over 100.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. svann Augur

When I hover over the AC on my character sheet it says its a combination of mitigation and evasion. Are you saying evading an attack isnt the same as the mob missing me?
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Read above.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

OK, so last comment sounded sarcastic, but seriously, read above.

Let me put it this way. You have an item with 100 AC. That 100 AC has NOTHING to do with how much the enemy misses you.

AC was two separate numbers in the beta for this game, they decided it was too complicated or whatever and combined it, then 18 years later or whatever they split them back out, but "Armor Class" is AC, avoidance portion is not AC, it is an avoidance number based off of defense skill, +avoidance from heroic agility, and a small amount from agility mod1 stat.
  20. svann Augur

Ok I didnt realize you were just talking about item AC.