Riposte Change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Venalin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Dagum Elder

So what your saying is the people who have end game raid gear are saying, "what nerf. The group game got nerfed. No way..."

If course it's harder for the end game raiders to see the change. I'm sure they let their silk classes tank group content. In sure that mobs die so quick that you can't even look at a parse.

Thanks for pointing out why this effects groupers even more than you can imagine.
  2. Laronk Augur

Other than farming low level grey con mobs, how does the nerf effect you? and do you have a parse.
    Allayna and Thancra like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

I second that post, show me the parse of the chicken little “sky is falling”.
    Can’t??? That’s what we all thought, it doesn’t exist.

I did post my Phlogiston geared SK parses. Many other threads have been complaining that RoS isn’t worth raiding because diminished muhbis and GMM made RoS raid gear obsolete...so to that effect, parsed it in “worse than current group gear”.

There was a change, no one has denied that claim, but this, “game-breaking ripo change” soap box is obscene.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Dagum Elder

You mean how else does it effect me besides the countless things already mentioned?
  5. Lianeb Augur

Proof is in the pudding. This argument is getting old.
    Group gear
    Raid gear
    Crap gear
    Raid level skill
    Casual level skill
    Crap level skill
    it doesn't f'ing matter the change is almost not worth mentioning.

Please get off your soapbox of us verse them
    Funky and Whulfgar like this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Any who complain they have to play their toons now .. makes me laugh.

Any who complain they lost agro over this .. makes me laugh.

This is not a game changing fix, nor is it something so far outta left field that its an unsub an retire type of fix.

Some people .. just wanna itch to itch ..
    Allayna and Cadira like this.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

Sorry about the derail, earlier.

The nerfs actually do not have much impact on me, other than annoyance. I am working up 350 in everything so it annoying. My tank is a paladin , in RoS group gear. I don't play in TBL at all. He has to focus on one enemy at a time. GMM Darkness Howls is boring now to me and has been for a while. (shrug). Have not been in it since the change so again (shrug). The GMM nerf and Riposte nerf are two sides of the same coin though. Too many of a certain class supposedly soloing them (I play a Paladin so.......not me). I really was just curious as to what the motivation is when some player knowingly brings forth these grievances publicly that lead to unpopular nerfs, arguments and the Us vs Them debates. It seems like there is a problem but its overblown to a degree. That or the more well known guilds are stuck with having to develop what apps they get. Seems like nerfs or not, guilds have to put in the work.

So what is really to gain, then?

The nerf call posts still happen and so do the resultant nerfs, so there must be something. Hoping its not just people waving their e-dongs around. Its divisive and unnecessary.
  8. Dagum Elder

So I'll get off my soap box if you join my side.

What's wrong with saying the nerf sucks?

What is the point of keeping the nerf the way it is?

It's like in missing another side to it or something. Is the tracking benefit so great that people really really don't want the nerf to be undone?

My opinion is my opinion. The nerf is bad. Your opinion is the nerf is good. It's only a US vs them mentality because you want me to believe this nerf is good. Yet there has not been one post in the positive except for people telling us to shut up.

We have a side. We see changes we don't like. We point out those changes. Now there are these others from a certain guild that attack us. Tell us that yes there is a change, yes we do lots dps and that we should just get over it.

There is not a post stating why we should get over it. There is not a post saying this is the good thing about it.

The change sucks please fix is the just of most post. Then we have these people saying the change is super cool and should have been done years ago. I won't tell you why, but my play style is better than yours so suck it up.

There are facts. The fact is that it is a nerf.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

In your opinion not 1 post has been positive.

Because you have your agenda, other's have theirs.
  10. Dagum Elder

What is the reason to keep the nerf? What is your agenda sir?
  11. Bamboompow Augur

^This @ Whulfgar.

Coming from someone who is probably the personification of "My Way or the Highway", can't help but laugh. Even Lianeb is not as much of a hardcase. And he wrote the manual on being a hardcase. The implication is Dagum has an agenda and he doesn't respect yours. Really?

Welcome to almost every aspect of 2019. Time to go mourn some dead brain cells.
    Funky likes this.
  12. Dagum Elder

I respect others opinions. I just desire more information than what is provided.

What added benifit is there for keeping the nerf? Why has this gold latched on so hard to ensure this change stays?

What new thing came from this nerf that is so awesome it'll get nerfed later when the devs find out.

The question is what is the oppositions motive? I respect their agenda I just want to know what it is besides, I should shut up and live with it.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

EQ is not considered a casual game. That's mainly the gist of it. Its centered around co-operative raiding. That where the devs put the most focus of the limited resources they have. You want to advance you have to put in time, learn and be a team player. Anything that infringes on that by offering reward close to what results from raiding is going to result in push back. Especially anything that can be soloed. Mostly because someone took time, learned, and put up with people's BS in a raid setting to earn some coveted gear. Lets face it, most of us at best tolerate our fellow humans on a good day. People suck. Period. We put up with their crap to get what we want as individuals. It is what it is. We all know this to be true.

Now the stupid comes from the predictability of how there is a certain life cycle where these offenses are allowed to let slide for months on end, make it past beta testing and usually last all winter, spring AND summer. Until people get their fill and then its time to take to the forum quests to crush it. That's what is the rub. If its broken, it never gets fixed until more casual players are thinking its the status quo. The more skilled players know that its broken and runs counter to what is considered "right" from the get go. Still, even broken content has its uses, so it always just sort of stays out of the light....until August. By then, someone must calculate its Ok for the party to be over.

That's what grinds my gears as a player. Nothing ever gets fixed when people know its broken, because then they can't exploit it for months on end if it gets fixed right away. That and there has to be a big pointless divisive stink about it because someone knew what was best for all of us in August but also knew what was best of us in November......and didn't say a word.
  14. Lianeb Augur

My motivation is as it has been from the start. Show me how this change affected you and I might believe you. Until then you are just whining about a change that I plainly do not see, as super detrimental.

P.S You need to bring the Parses and show the numbers if you think you have any way of getting this changed. "this change sucks" is not going to work

menown, Sancus and kizant like this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I'll trust the devs that it's a performance issue and I really dislike lag.

As someone who carry's multiple 2h weapons, one for tanking with (riposte) and one for dpsing with when I can't riposte this change affected me.
    But I really don't see a huge difference.

Actually I carry 3 but unless we run into bane damage type mobs, I'm only using 2.
  16. Bamboompow Augur

Lianeb, you are aware most casual players don't parse, right? They just want to play the EFing game.
  17. Lianeb Augur

I am just saying you want to go on a crusade to make a change, you might want some data to prove he point.
  18. Dagum Elder

So I can't find where dzarn said any of that. It is not showing up in the staff tracker. I was actually looking for a dev response.

Anyways I believe your post and I am now all for the riposte change (even though I hate it) what's good for the game is better stability.

I saw all these post state the dev said, but I still can't find where they said it. Regardless you have convinced me that the change should stay.

However, I still would like the ability to /riposte off as mentioned in the other thread.

Ps. What thread did the dev say that in because I can't find it.
  19. Sancus Augur

This post and this post were the two he quoted.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

As I mentioned in another thread, this would be a useful enhancement.

I can't think of anywhere in this expansion I'd use it, but in some prior content it would have been useful (which means it may be useful in the future)