Riposte Change

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Venalin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I don't really care one way or another but you do play one of the classes that can target zero mobs and just let their pet mow them all down while you watch TV.

Lots of folks solo or molo in 3 or 4 year old content and its a noticeable hit because mobs miss much more there or even in older zones than that. Just to illustrate if you riposted 20% of the time previously lets say that was out of 2500 hits. After this change you might still riposte 20% of the hits that qualify but since so many are misses now it might only being out of 1200 hits with 1300 misses.
  2. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Not that it mattes much to me, but it's now quicker and more convenient to clear large groups of low end mobs with my mage using beams than it is using my paladin and riposte.

I tested it out this past weekend with some really low level mobs and it was annoying. I even sat down and took off everything other than my 2hander on the paladin and the mobs were still unable to hit me. Before, they'd all just blow themselves up without me doing anything.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Must be nice to be able to clear out lots of low level mobs for farming purposes, I am sure all classes can do it at the efficiency.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I was just trying to get a true riposte rate since gamparse doesn't do that (atm), and your's doesn't tease out the info specifically either.

Basically, if a mob swings at us, we have a chance to riposte (X%), but then the number of ripostes is inflated by double riposte (+1 riposte for same swing) and bashes (+1 riposte but bash).

Paladin double riposte rate is supposed to be 30% (so 30% of ripostes are doubles) and the bash ripostes only happen when you have a normal riposte. We should have 60% bash riposte rate.

So there were 26624 total SLASH ripostes that I performed.

Since I am using excel, and just these 200+ mobs gave me around 150,000 lines of logs, I am limited in what I can do. I'm not interested in getting refreshed on a code language, finding a compiler to download, and then try and code a parser, so I went with simple excel analysis. So trying to remove all "doubles" by removing duplicate lines, which I could do I guess, isn't simple without being time consuming, but my bigger concern is removing false ones, because tanking multiple mobs means mobs can do the same action at the same time interval.

So if we go with 30% double rate, just divide the 26624 by 1.3 and get 20480 approximate REAL single instance riposte attempts.

Bashes are irrelevant to the riposte rate, I was only talking about that showing that the numbers seem to work out, since that 20480 number should have 60% of attempts adding a bash, and the actual was within 1.4% of expected, so aligns well.

So I was riposting around 42-44% of mob swings (whether I hit or missed or dps values wasn't relevant). This is prenerf.

So this number (a "true" riposte rate) is going to be a little lower than any parsed value just looking for "Riposte" on the end of an attack, since it excludes double ripostes and bash ripostes which are really just add on attaches.

Those mobs were riposting about 55% of the time, but I don't know if they can double riposte (I don't think they can).

Wish I had reliable data for stuff that wasn't changed to compare.

As an example of what I'm seeing, from one run (12883 mob swings against me), my slash (I only used slash weapons) ripostes, adjusted down to account for doubles, then a charge showing actual mob swings break down. They only had 28-29% accuracy. The second thing is raw swings, so obviously, I didn't have a 1% dodge rate, it was a higher rate on swings that made it to that check, but thats what it came out as total numbers:

My Riposte (abbreviated)
    slash rip swings 7063
    - double 5433
    slash rip% 42.17%

My tanking
    hit% 28.52%
    miss% 15.18%
    dodge% 1.00%
    parry% 5.50%
    riposte% 49.23%
    rune% 0.54%
    block%
    0.04%
  5. Dewey Augur

/pet attack a ....anyone? At least we have to run to our mobs.
  6. Allayna Augur

Necro. The new grey con slayer.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  7. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

I’m convinced someone in your morning Cheerios everyday for years. Would explain why you have to smear so much jelly on your constant FQ crusade to make everyone exactly the same so you don’t cry foul.
  8. Spellfire Augur

And here I was thinking you only hate sk's :p .
  9. Allayna Augur

Are you feeling triggered?
  10. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Yes.

Really think is unbalanced and unhealthy for the game to have an unlimited amplification of all heals to the degree that only one class in game has. It really should be limited to amplifying heals at a current level based on mana cost limit and have counters added. Instead of just 70% increase to an unlimited number of heals for long periods of time no matter the source.

Same with AE healing, you can't severely limit and crusade about any and all things AE but leave healing out of the mix. This should really be limited to 5 -12 targets at the most.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Maybe you should have bought a tank account instead of a shaman account?
  12. Raivene Lorekeeper

Or just used a tank merc when farming grey cons that could do the same thing. Everyone could do it.
    kizant likes this.
  13. Bamboompow Augur

Something something...... costs plat and principle of the matter.

You are of course correct but its a kludge. A valid kludge. Even better if you want to be doing something else (while still at the keyboard of course) while farming TS mats. Still, why should a merc be popped for level 60 mobs at level 110 when they could be mindlessly faced rolled by my lonesome only a few weeks ago....
  14. Dewey Augur

When did they make a /merc attac a button?
  15. Raivene Lorekeeper

Don't disagree with you... only commenting that ones without riposte could still do it using a merc with riposte. Guess the dps melee merc could have done it too now that I think about it.
  16. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Just take some of your gear off when farming and/or doing low level content. I'm a 110 SK and that works for me. Just think of it "coed naked farming and ha's!".

Now I don't give a crap about farming grey mobs and stuff, what I DO care about is how much harder it is to hold aggro on pulls of 2 or 3 in places like Stratos or Howling Stones, content that at 110 I am SUPPOSED to be doing. I raid once a week in old content, so no I'm not some uber dude.
    The changes in aggro now are obvious to me because of the reduction in overall ripos.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Just curious...Does your SKs have a spell bar?
    Allayna, Drogba and Drpeppa like this.
  18. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Yep. I am now being forced to change everything up to do things less effeciently and effectively then I did before the patch.
  19. gnomeboss Augur

new aa: fury of forumquest. available at lvl 115, velious 2.0 expansion required. 230 aa cost. 60 second timer. you strike every target within 40 feet of you with four primary hand combat rounds of salt. mobs over level 94 are immune.
    Cadira likes this.
  20. Drpeppa Journeyman

You mad at having to actually play the class?

Whoa.