PoK Big Bank is a better AFK/MGB location than Guild Lobby. Prove me wrong.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HoodenShuklak, Sep 22, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Please help.
  2. Frozenbullet New Member

C3 Rock was a classic location near the big Bank. The PoK music was awesome to afk to, and it's outside and not in a stuffy guild hall.
  3. Rowanoak Elder

Nexus would be best, its basically the same distance as PoK big bank from anything.
    It would stop the lag issues in PoK or Lobby.
    Its better music since it uses the EQNext soundtrack in there, and also has its own zoneline to bazaar.
    Pano likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

POK, with the books to travel, is so central that I don't get why people (Selo) moved to guild lobby. Every tradeskill thing is right in POK as well.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Most of the new players now days don't know the difference between the big bank and the small bank. Or even that there is a second bank.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Step 1. Cast throne.
    Done, you're afk and can get buffs. Maybe run to other side of throne depending on server.
    Yimin, jeskola, Dythan and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Using the efficient markets theory, you are wrong. ;)
  8. Greymantle Augur

Most sit in the lobby as that is where they are bound and the corpse summoners are.They also have access to venders and a bank npc.
  9. Neodraykl Elder

TIL Bristlebane is a God-tier PoK-AFK server, and everyone else is a GL-AFK peasant.
    eqgamer likes this.
  10. jeskola pheerie

Erud's Crossing is the best AFK MGB spot.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Start casting mgb buffs where you want people to move... they might just move there for you.
    Shanarias likes this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I cast my MGBs behind the big bank in Pok in Xegony. Been casting MGBs in PoK for over seven years now I think. Didn't think it was so long but came across some old in game emails discussing it.

You are right the big bank is a great spot :) So I can't prove you wrong.
  13. Greldek New Member

No, all the AFKers are fine in the small mostly useless zone. I dont' want to have to deal with the lag pile out where people actually do things on their characters.
    Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  14. SteelToe Elder

So is EMH, but the finance profs and economists won't entertain anything that goes against their PhD theses.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

The lag pile in BB is right outside the GL doors at Franklin Geek, I was glad the buffwhores moved from the GL but right outside the GL doors is almost as bad. I liked it better when the big bank or the nexus stone was the place to MGB your buffs. You click your stone of knowledge and it tosses you right in the center of that lag pile, then you have to wade through it to get to anything worth gettin to. MOVE THE DAILY TASK GUY TO SOME FAR OFF CORNER OF POK PLEASE, oh yeah and LETS GET THIS OVER WITH!
  16. Yimin Augur

Lobby > POK

Dont need extra lag in pok from afkers , guild lobby who cares if there is extra lag !

YiMin
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Raccoo Augur

They'd probably move the pile into the PoK bar then. :p

People will afk wherever is convenient to get to things. Big bank probably would be better than GL since you can avoid that afk pile and run around the small bank side (that's the side I prefer anyways, since it has the GL, PoK port in from wiz/dru, and TS stuffs).
  18. Boze TLP complaint factory

While we're on it, I'm more amazed by the people who NEVER log out that are ALWAYS on in the buff piles. Like have you not shut down your computer in 5 years or more?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Horyuken Augur

fyi it's "Change my mind" not "Prove me wrong"
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.