GMM – Let’s get this over with.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Laronk Augur

Well to be fair if you're 110, go spend the time and farm those good augs! Also you don't have to be able to do 6 at a time with no healer, while he can do it solo it's group content so you should assume a tank doing 110 content has a decent set of augs and a healer with him plus some dps there to shorten the fights.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

In fairness, Allayna did mention his SK was in "RoS Phlogiston gear" so by any objective measure the mention of "1%" by his detractors is hyperbole (more likely, top 25-50% quartile) but Allayna's SK load out may not be characterized as the norm for a "returning" or "casual" SK (full conflagrant, GMM nonvis, GMM 2H, 10-20k AA). Though, in Allayna's defense, he merely displayed his parse and merely shared his opinion that it is a "fine" nerf. Perhaps a broad sample with a more casual load out, but using both observations, may be more objective.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Allayna like this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

No he said in the post, up to 12 mobs at a time.

And i don't think i ever posted what I did, it was around 450-550k dps on a solo one after that, though that may be off as i'm not in front of a parser or my home computer atm, though will be less now with the repo changes for both classes :(
  4. Laronk Augur

I'm kinda curious how well I can do now, I'm not as geared I don't think ill be able to tank 12 at a time specially not the new ones but maybe I'll give it a go.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Now it will be 100k for the paladin and 200k for the sk if you did the same thing LOL.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Appreciate you taking a look at it Allayna. Due to a sprained ankle and back (I am sure it was the cat that left the dog toy on the stairs) I am not at the keyboard of my gaming rig for any length of time but I hope to try out the changes myself with some alts.

I think you are making an honest attempt to evaluate the changes.Thank you for taking the time.

I still would have preferred things were left alone and just nerfed exp over 110. But the devs were going to do what they did regardless.
    Spellfire, Yinla and Allayna like this.
  7. Cannikin Elder

As a warrior in mostly group gear/outdated raid gear, I used to molo the mission in about 40 minutes for a full clear (all orcs in zone including named). Just tried it again today, and it doesn't look like moloing is going to be practical anymore unless I feel like waiting an excessive amount of time for discs to refresh between waves.

Adding in my box shaman for slows and backup heals was enough to go through the mission in 55 minutes, 15 minutes longer than before, 5 minutes of which was the extra amount of time it took to kill the named with his hugely boosted hp. The other extra time was from smaller pulls to compensate for the higher damage they put out. The hp of the trash mobs doesn't seem to have really changed much, just takes slightly longer to kill with the nerf to riposte dps.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

:eek:
  9. Cleaver Augur

I will defend people who wanted the nerfs in one way. This mission is a group mission if you can solo/molo it well it may be too easy.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Karve_AB Journeyman

If you aren't 110 and don't have geare from the last 2 expacs, and group with 2 friends lower than you (105 and 98) this mission is now considerably harder and named is a no-go.

Tuning it for 110's sucks. But hey if it's retuning stuff for 110's because it's become too easy, lets see some level 112 fire beetles in Qeynos shall we? - No cos that really would be stupid, tuning old content to current level...
  11. Bigstomp Augur

The highest level in group sets the level for HA's. Just have a friendly necro turn some of your levels into essence emeralds and you'll be able to group at the level of your friends.
    Karve_AB likes this.
  12. skabe Elder

Or have the lvl 98 request then task add the rest.
    Karve_AB likes this.
  13. Karve_AB Journeyman

Bugger, totally forgot about that mechanic in my short-ish absence ;)
  14. Karve_AB Journeyman

Requested with a level 98, zoned in. All mobs are 109 or higher according to /con. Nice easy task for that level group.
    Not.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

My question is:
    How much time did this take away from the devs working on the new Xpac? Not sure what all it took to change up GMM coding, but that was time wasted away from making the new Xpac better than it will be at release.
  16. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I doubt it took a lot of time.

They changed a numerical value for the exp gained from opening the chest.
    They changed the numerical values for the base levels of the mobs.
    They changed some pathing code which probably should have been done anyways - it's much nicer now with the climbers.

Honestly, they probably spent more time in meetings about how best to nerf it and the appropriate response to present to the players than they spent making the changes. Hopefully they multi-tasked and had the meetings about the changes at a local bar so that they could enjoy a few beers while planning out the best way to torture the player base.
    Sissruukk and Karve_AB like this.
  17. Laronk Augur

Karve, if you're 110 with eok and older gear and you're grouped with only a 105 and a 98 + mercs, you have no business being in a level 110 instance that drops the best group gear in the game.

Even then, if you take your time you can still actually kill everything. Nothing summons (they do snare though) and you can cc stuff, on FV and Emarr I see people go LFG for GMM or GMM looking for more. Fill your group with more people man. I think for the "casual" GMM is still a great zone, its got easy non visable loot, take your time and blow all your discs on each pack of mobs if you have to. If you don't have a 30+ ac aug in every slot, go prioritize that the 105 and 98 are going to get good exp at aug camps.

Also, find someone on the forums here from your server. Message them and get them to help you get a group to go in smoke trials, a bunch of gear drops you'll probably get it all and you'll get to experience new content.
    Brohg likes this.
  18. Solanli Journeyman

When this content was released - it was tuned toward people level 95+. Why would a 98 have no business being in a zone that was tuned for people 95+? It seems this individual was well within the targeted market that GMM missions were released for?
  19. Sathayorn Augur

The Heroic Adventures are still viable at 95, they just spawn whites and yellows instead of overcon blues that give xp like reds.
  20. Laronk Augur

The 110 without proper gear and support doesn't have business being in the zone, I didnt say anything specifically about the 98 and 105 except they're supporting the 110. He's getting the 110 version of the instance so it's not tuned for 95, its tuned for 110.

There has to be some reasonable expectation that at 110 you have to have some gear before doing the instance, it does drop very good loot and if you're not going to have a full group of level appropriate people then you probably need all of your aa and some good gear. if he added one lfg 110 bard to his group for CC and single pulling he could probably do the whole instance no problem.