vet aa Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Dahaman Augur

Because we are having fun. There is nothing wrong with playing on Coirnav. That said, there is a difference in playing on a server with a low XP rate and then (un)intentionally getting smacked down further than any TLP server has been to date at this time point.

Imagine how would people react if Xegony, and only Xegony, lost Lesson of the Devoted (and all other vet rewards) for 3 months? And then make that start 1 week prior to the next expansion with that level increase? People playing on Xegony would be ticked off, and rightfully so.

Now imagine it happening to your sever...
  2. yerm Augur

My server was here asking for glyphs to be gutted, and on foh asking for vet aa to be fixed.

I know it was snarky but I wasn't trying to saying nobody should play on coirnav. Rather, why play on coirnav if you don't like it's design, was what I was getting at.
  3. Dahaman Augur

I'm perfectly happy with Coirnav's design as it is today. I very patiently awaited the arrival of Gates (+20% base XP rate) and vet rewards (+100% XP button) because that was the design from the start. However, the design is now changing in a negative and unnecessary way for the next three months.

That's the part I don't like.

I'm actually okay with the vet rewards changes being implemented. I don't agree with the necessity, but if it matches when they were originally released, great. The timing, sadly, is heartless.
  4. That0neguy Augur

So you are ok with it. But you aren't ok with it? All over 30mins of double exp?
  5. ajschliewe Elder

DBG needs to nix the change to the Vet Rewards. Most of these Rewards are QoL which there are many already in the TLPs. Just leave it the way it was
  6. Dahaman Augur

30 minutes of double XP is equivalent to a permanent +50% XP rate at my typical play schedule.

That is a significant loss on a server that is already the harshest on XP.
  7. That0neguy Augur

So you play an hour a day? Don't want this to come off bad (but it prob will), you may need to find another game. EQ has never been a casual play for 30 mins here or there type of game.

Just finding 5 other people and getting to a camp eats up half of your playtime.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The more I think about this topic, the more I feel it would be helpful if we could get some kind of insight to what the overarching plan driving these changes is.

So far, we have seen (and this isn't exhaustive, just a sample):
    - removal of focus effects from classic items (although motm was balanced around player power that included these items);
    - removal of range slot idols;
    - removal of more and more cultural armor combines;
    - removal of the ability to recharge items through the vendor selling trick;
    - removal of weapon augments turning non-magic weapons into magic weapons;
    - removal of various potions/mounts/cash shop items;
    - removal of veteran rewards during periods that we have previously had them on these servers;
    and a few other things that would suggest that there's a move towards more of an "authentic classic" experience.

But, then we have the other changes that are giant moves away the "authentic classic" experience:
    - no corpse runs (the longest running change, and arguably the most impactful)
    - various changes to glitches/abilities/"features" that have been in the game for over a decade;
    - potion belt;
    - bandolier;
    - click from bags;
    - extended target windows;
    - extreme nerfs to enchanters through the recent charm changes;
    - nerfs to wizards and druids through the recent TL/Zephyr combat changes;
    and some other things that are probably out there and I'm just not thinking of.

Since these changes have such differing themes to them, I guess (at least for me) it creates an unsettling feeling of not really understanding what the goal is, which in turn creates some anxiety on a base level.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

Disagree. First who says he spends ANY time trying to find a full group? People with very limited play times tend to solo/molo or box what they need. (or have friends with similar playtimes.)

Not all of us treat EQ as a part time job. Not everyone wants to be riding the top end of the raiding game. (surprisingly, there are people who don't even raid! I know!) The game caters to many different play-styles and its not really in anyone's interest to tune it only for the hard-core players.

Also, none of your points change the fact that DBG decided to remove something. That's fine, but they need to refund people who spent the charge and let them decide if they still want to (or are even still playing) come DON.

I mean, for me its nice knowing I'll never, ever run into my /vet claim limit. I'm unlikely to ever flag another character as a veteran if this change goes through. So in effect (in my very specific case), this change removes vet rewards from the game for me. Its a middle finger from DBG but I'm getting so use to that its approaching fetish levels.
  10. Dahaman Augur

I XP an hour per day on average. I do other things as well. I like doing quests in particular.

I have for years enjoyed the game getting on for 30 minutes stretches at a time. I've done so long enough that I bought a lifetime membership.

Thank you for the good conversation, but alas I'm heading out for the weekend.

Cheers!
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Dzarn is a treasure.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

It used to work the way Krezzy described. You could (and maybe still can) subscribe for two years. I know, because I used to do it on five accounts. If you subscribed for two years in year 7 you would get the Veteran AAs through year 9.

Edit: Reading further I see it changed with the F2P model. Never mind. ;)
  14. Hateseeker Augur

I was thinking...if they are going to remove veteran AA on the basis of when they originally came out, then, Old Man McKenzie missions should give exp on TLP until the expansion is unlocked when they nerfed them.
  15. Krezzy Augur

16. Meredyth Augur

This is an improvement and thank you for listening somewhat but it still isn’t good enough. DoN unlocks on Coirnav in two expansions if it is on gates now which means Ragefire will only be on Secrets of Faydwer. That means randomly in about 4 or 5 months I will suddenly be unable to summon a banker, permutation peddler, or tribute master, and I will lose the 25% reduction on veteran AA reuse time from the 14th veteran AA and all the veteran AAs you were gracious enough to let me keep will suddenly all have longer reuse times for no good reason. Please just unlock all the veteran AAs when a server reaches DoN rather than spoon feeding these last few QoL AAs our over the next five expansions.
  17. Machen New Member

Be careful what you wish for.

Months upon months of no one wanting to do anything but OMM's was bad enough the first time around.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  18. Dahaman Augur

19. dreamweaver Community Manager

Veteran AAs and how they are implemented is an on going discussion for the dev team, I will take your feedback to them!

Thanks!
  20. Funky Augur

the veteran AA changes sounds good for every server... as for Coirnav, sounds like it just needs the overall server exp modified... having your 30min LoTD each day is not going to be a massive game changer to not have...