Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 9, 2019.

1. menown Augur

Were you testing in the GMM mission?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Really helps to know what class you are using. Almost certainly there are things tied to hitting other mobs that heal or other defensives that you are now missing more of.
  3. Stephen51 Augur

I was curious as to why you thought this was a nerf?

I read this as having a permanent blocking/refecting of resistable spells so I thought it would be a minor gain (minor because apparently the majority of spells were flagged as unresistable or something.
  4. yosco Augur

No, but good call, though.
  5. yosco Augur

SK - Max AA, mostly RoS raid geared.
  6. Allayna Augur

Log onto test. 5% chance, not permanent blocking of resistable spells.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. yosco Augur

Max AA, mostly RoS raid geared SK, and I went to FM to swing at some mobs. I was pulling 5-8 mobs at a time in the past and healing myself with taps and buff effects (not epic). Now, it's a bit ridiculous... those same mobs almost killed me.
  8. Horyuken Augur

You all are over reacting. Do you want the game to work better? Do you want less lag? Do you understand that all the computer power in the world and the fastest internet will not solve eq's problems. The code has to work within certain constraints, they are trying to make this happen.

The cost to rewrite everquest is not practical. The money would be better spend creating an entire new game loosely based on EQ. The changes they are making are intended to keep the game playable moving forward, if you want to live in the past go play p1999.
    Ssdar, Beimeith, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  9. Morthakia Augur

I imagine the difference is from Mortal Coil if you weren’t using epic. The Shadowknight class is massively more impacted by this change than any other class. A big portion of SK survivability (outside of raids) comes from a combination of Epic 2.0, Anguish BP, and Mortal Coil leech abilities. In addition to your swing damage, you get healed on ripostes made against whatever mob you have targeted. With far fewer ripostes, it is likely that your self healing is substantially reduced in cases where you are running either Mortal Coil or Epic 2.0 (other abilities like Anguish BP, natural 1% leech, and Blooddrinker’s aren’t as good). No other class relies on riposte damage for self healing.

Very disappointing change. I’m all for server stability and performance improvements, just wish it didn’t come at the expense of SK group tanking.
  10. Stephen51 Augur

Ah, I guess the reduction in effectiveness got dropped from the fine print of the notes. :(
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Dahaman Augur

Old Riposte:
    - Mob misses you and does zero damage.
    - You (% chance) riposte on that miss and do damage and heal yourself from that hit.

New Implementation:
    - Mob misses you and does zero damage.

Basic Theory of the Implementation:
    - The DPS you are taking should be the same.
    - Your self healing and damage has dropped.
    - Result: Net DPS (= mob DPS - self healing) you are taking has gone up.
    - Side Effects: Longer Time to kill a mob. More total damage taken per mob.

That's the basic expectations of the implementation as they documented it.

It looks like your data supports this.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  12. yosco Augur

It's not just longer time. I mentally prepared myself for the fact that it would take longer to solo stuff. The problem was I was getting pwned in situations where I would easily be fine before.

I also don't think it was a mortal coil issue because mortal coil didn't have a chance to proc (i.e. I purposefully made sure I didn't have those abilities on). I also didn't use epic or a BP clicky.

This change, for a "minuscule" performance improvement, seems to have hit SKs and their group tanking ability VERY hard. I have to assume harder than the Devs expected... I hope.
  13. kizant Augur

Try to lower your avoidance so that you take more hits and thus receive more healing. Easy.
    Metapsyche likes this.
  14. Metapsyche Augur

Stand in front of a goblin on live, parse the dps it does

Stand in front of a goblin on test, parse the dps it does

Mystery solved (I’m at work or id help with this- #forumquesting on the clock)
  15. YellowBelly Augur

The game was so much better when the devs let us actually play and not overanalyze every little ability down to the micro level.
  16. Starkxx Journeyman

- Bard - Capped the maximum number of opponents that can be hit by Vainglorious Shout to 6 and increased the endurance cost for all ranks of this ability by 50%.

That is freaking awesome. The only class that can't regen end of any sort and doubling the cost. YAY!!
    Axel likes this.
  17. Prathun Developer

It's on my to do list to change racial drop treasure tables in OoW to use global loot which will address this issue and many others.
    It wasn't something that I was able to tackle for the September update. Expansion tasks were a higher priority.
    Sissruukk and Jhenna_BB like this.
  18. yosco Augur

Ask for Breather to be added to bards. If no Breather, then ask for a justification for adding the additional restrictions.
    Axel likes this.
  19. yosco Augur

On the bright side, this change completely eliminates the debate SKs have between whether to focus on heroic dex or heroic agi .... if proc rates don't really matter anymore because the opportunities to proc heals to remain a viable tank is going into the crapper, then there's fewer reasons to consider heroic dex an option, even for the group game. It's just sad that SK class balance around their mitigation abilities, which have been entirely formed around the ripo and ripo procs thing, is now on the chopping block.

I won't get to this tonight, as I have other things IRL that will preclude me from logging in and bug testing.
    Xeladom likes this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah he really shouldn't have been commenting like that about the lifetime subs but I get it... devs take a lot of crap, some deserved and some not deserved, so firing a bit back every now and then is understandable.