Raid content for the non 1%

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Horyuken Augur

I don't think you appreciate the time and money this takes to implement. The dev team has lots of stuff they "want to do".

I want to build a water park and guest house in my backyard, but I'm regulated to a tent, plastic pool, and yard sprinkler.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Breastplates are the new class epics. Ngreth did a great job on them.
    Vumad, Metapsyche and Jhenna_BB like this.
  3. Metapsyche Augur

While I agree breastplates are nicely done, I don’t really

I mean the clicks are amazing, but I have no choices. I guess I think it would be cool if I could pick a breastplate based on how I was designing my character to interact with the raid. Maybe I’m a Druid that doesn’t do as much DPSing (even though they’re ridic) and I want to stack some more healing in lieu of spell damage- I can’t REALLY do that because everything is about the same or inconsequentially different.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

The Druid BP has mods (or clickies if you will) that reflect EITHER course of action.

One for the healing style druids.. (increases healing for next 24 heals by 9,000)
    One for the dps style druids .. (increases next 19 nukes by 30k)

So perhaps I'm not understanding what you mean ?
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  5. Metapsyche Augur

Lolol I guess I picked literally the worst example. Let’s look at the warrior chest, maybe I’m one of 6 warriors in a raid and I dps more than I tank. There’s no chest that would help focus me on DPS, I’m strictly itemized towards tanking.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The issue is the "choices" you can make are not meaningful enough and are all about what amount of time you want to spend acquiring them. The 4 evolves are pretty powerful on their own and at least for dps Hybrids will remain so for all of level 115 - unless the numbers EXPLODE in the coming content releases.

I have what I would consider to be the optimum aug set up in my 4 evolves and the dps increase outside the Gloves focus and the Casting fire augs is pretty meh. The accuracy augs are pretty nice, too. The assaulting augs don't proc enough to notice. Min/maxers just "need" them fulfill their OCD, at least that's the case for me.

I do appreciate the concern over developing another necro epic to have to design around. I do however disagree with Ngreth's views about items hanging around "too long". I do agree and admire like about 90% of actual items themselves and the effects he implements. He is far more willing and creative about those items than past item Devs. It sounds like from what he posts he relies on feedback from the other Devs and doesn't make unilateral decisions which plays into the quality of said items, too. I always got the feeling from past items Devs they sort of wild wild west developed itemization unilaterally. I think Mr. Ogre is far more willing to go outside the lines of item templates than Devs of the past.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Good yes. Lets pick my actual main class.

So for Warriors we have multiple BP's that are VERY highly sought after if you ask me personally.

One specifically being the http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=118551

What it does is for 2 minutes, it up's every kick an bash damage by 12,500.

So yes.. even for a none dps class such as Warrior's we get BP's that in fact do help our dps.
  8. Metapsyche Augur

While yes, I see what you’re saying- I guess in particular I meant what items that I’m actually equipping. Short of augments, there really is no consequential choice in the current era armor that we equip. All stats have been effectively neutralized and the only thing to weigh any item on is AC.

I’d love to see a ring with like 100 heroic str and nothing else... maybe you’re of the kind that I have enough bonus crit from my adps in the group, I’m going STR baby!

I’d love to see that sort of itemization again, beyond augments. Augments 100% “accomplish” what I’m talking about, but it just feels cheap to me. Every warrior Paladin and SK wants the exact same items from GMM raids (aside from an argument to be made about belts)
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

While this idea is nice, I don't think "easy" is what people want. I think people want "accessible".

It's incredibly easy to FQ this topic, but "accessible" could (and likely does) mean the difference between 10 new zones and 7 new zones due to the amount of resources required to implement. I feel unqualified to take a side here, but I will say that having a path to completion for the low-tier guilds would be pretty swell.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

16 hit counter. That click does an unmodifiable 200k damage. If it took 1s to click instead of 0.2, it would be an actual dps loss, that's how marginal it is.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

I see what you are saying.

But no matter how dev's develop the next expansions gear ..

You will never change how other classes equip. Even when there was HUGE parity between class from other class desirable "loot"

They would still even then.. forgo "Class" style loot .. in favor of Tank style loot.

This goes back all the way to oman's of war from what I have personally seen.

So it really won't matter as has been proven in EQ's past.. class "Favorable" items / gear is always (well not always I wont make a blanket statement) however .. More often then not .. ignored in favor of higher hp's / ac of the tank class gear.

I personally would not want Dev's to waste time an resources creating "class"favorable gear .. only for it to be ignored .. in favor of Tank style gear ..

When they could literally add an entirely new raid or what ever for the same resource allocation in the next expansion.
  12. Metapsyche Augur

How would you feel about class restricted gear? Let’s get old school on the non vis and get those dirty casters off our gear. :)
  13. Whulfgar Augur

I personally hate wedging people into anything.

Restriction of this class wearing what should be a tank class item.. I mean it is one way to stop them absolutely. But should it really come down to them actively creating stop gaps because they want more hp / ac ?
  14. Metapsyche Augur

I mean you’re not wrong... but I think that emphasizes the point that they’ve muddied gear so badly that all there really is to look at is HP and AC. Granted this is partially also due to the old adage “a dead dps does no dps”, lol
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

EQ gear should be simplified for both the Devs and the players. More modern games have a template per class archetype.

Tank templates, all gear slots: War, SK, Pal, maybe Bard because they are plate.
    Melee temp: Rng, Ber, Mnk, Rog, Bst.
    Caster/Priest temp: Enc, Nec, Wiz, Mag, Cle, Dru, Shm.

While a loss in AC potential on gear for non tanks would be a net loss, think of all the effects that could be implemented on these archetype specific gear slots. Casters could and should have higher % on their focii than Hybrids, for example. The possibilities in this could be really fun. Gear slot specific procs, worn effects, etc...all cross archetype obstacles could be avoided - maybe even including a new PROC belt for Casters!!

The burden that could be lifted from loot councils - which most of us use because dkp is teh suck.
    Renotaki likes this.
  16. strongbus Augur

while this is a good idea. some small stuff would have to change. such as having spell damage effect dots. ench/mages/wiz the spell damage fociii is great for cle/druid/sham the healing amount is great. Bu for necros those 2 just don't play that big a deal. Its all hsta. the more hp the more mana we have.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

And by they you mean player rankings an such correct ?

Because let's face it.. If you trying to marry that raids in current expansions require more an more an more hp and a.c. to survive..

I'd say yes to a point. However every class in game is given abilities spells or combat abilities that even in last expansions gear.. makes it viable for them to survive.

It really depends if they actually use said abilities or not..
  18. Whulfgar Augur

The issue does not lay on the contents feet..

The WHOLE.. issue here is you play on a crappy server with a crappy population number.
  19. Mazame Augur

I not sure where your getting your info from.
    http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/
    I see the following number of guilds: These are raiding guilds that have down at least 1 event.
    TBL 29 guilds with 20 that have beaten all but last event and is know to be the hardest event. (69%)
    RoS 35 guilds 21 completed (60%)
    EoK 37 guilds 26 completed (70%)
    TBM 34 guilds 28 completed (82%)
    TDS 36 guilds 27 completed (75%)
    CotF 36 guilds 34 Completed (94%)
    RoF 35 guilds 28 completed (80%)
    Voa 32 guilds 18 completed (56%)
    RoF 32 guilds 23 completed ( 71%)
    Underfoot 32 guilds 27 completed ( 84%)
    SoD 28 guilds 27 completed (96%)
    SoF 28 guilds 23 completed (82%)

Looking at the number of guild from more then just 3 year the amount of raiding guilds have gone both up and down so as TBL may have been a hard year for some raiding guilds it is not the lowest number as Sod and SoF only show 28 guilds to beat at least one event.
    If we looking at guild to complete the exp VoA had the least but over all there is about 20 strong guilds that beat stuff and another 8 that I would put as mid level that get most stuff done.
    But when you look at all the exp Avg the numbers are stable. yes some year there a hard exp like TBL or VoA but other years you get a easy exp like CotF.
  20. Allayna Augur

SoD added hard/easy mode raids ie 36 mans...

It was also a time of raiding 4-5 nights a week for 5 hours a night. We typically raid 5.5 hours a week now.