Next Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaxTheLion, Sep 10, 2019.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

As a bard I tried to tell bards not too draw unwanted attention.

This is why.
    Funky likes this.
  2. Mithra Augur

People were swarming in 5 of the 10 VoA zones when Phinigel just unlocked it. Very obvious this was going to get nerfed and deservedly so.
  3. Nexxo New Member

Defo agree there, this was a much needed change.
  4. That0neguy Augur

The dev's will disagree with you.
    Dythan and Astral64 like this.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Oh and here you go since you probably don't believe me or search for yourself.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?posts/3813202/

Oh and I see you were active in that thread. So you either choose to ignore the fact that a dev outright said TLP's were not the reason for the changes to TL or skipped right over it because it clashes with your narrative that TLP's are ruining the game and should be blamed for all of your problems.
    Bobbybick and Astral64 like this.
  6. Allayna Augur

Devs can deny what they want.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...mob-this-needs-addressed.257531/#post-3787221

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/thanks-mangler.258263/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-june-19-2019.258372/

Amazing how an issue with KS'n on TLP was addressed in the following patch and then denied to be related to TLPs by the developers....

We don't have short memories.
    Funky likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Cringing for you bro.
    Astral64 likes this.
  8. Funky Augur

and honestly i dont mind that they reduce the targets down... but why 6? why not 12?... because what yall are doing on TLP with VS is the same thing Mages/Wizards were doing during VoA, RoF beam kiting mobs and lagging out zones.... but i believe their beam still hits 12 mobs now...

not to mention VS isnt a DD, you have wait for the debuff to wear off for the good damage. then as far as endurance goes. bards are the worst in the game for trying to get mana/endurance back by far. VS and BB already drain the heck out of your endurance.

IMO, reduce it to 12, remove the wait for the debuff to wear off damage and make it a DD, increase endurance usage a little... but give bards a higher mana/end regen or way to get endurance back (breather, hiatus, make paragon work on bards, etc).
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

Dont think mages and wizards can cast their beam spells while running though can they?
  10. Funky Augur

that's true. but everything a bard casts counts as a song.. you can do it on the move... plus, VS and BB are instant cast... so if mages/wiz had it.. they could cast it on the run :)
  11. Zanarnar Augur

Sounds like a good compromise, make bards stand still for 3 seconds to cast the song, and let it hit 12 targets.

or make the mage beams instant cast and only hit 6

Good point!!
  12. Funky Augur

you and i both know if they try to make 2 AA abilities or 1 of any bard song require you to stop to sing it... it'll break the entire bard lol
  13. That0neguy Augur

Wow. Alternative facts huh?
  14. Kujoe Lorekeeper

talk about daybreak again not knowing how to fix their own game's issues. Stub a toe on your right foot? Take off the left leg. Day break Fixed Tm. Either they don't care about the results of their snap judgment fixes, or just dont know how these changes will effect the class/game. (For example, look at the change upon change to charm to fix one TLP issue, and cause 3 others in the same "fix").

Zones lagging out, reduce the mobs that can be hit at once so a whole zone is not being pulled. Trying to nerf the bard's ability to solo/damage, reduce the mobs that can be hit at once and also increase endurance cost.

People complain of zone lag, daybreak decides to gut bard's solo ability. Pick one or the other. Make it so a bard cant lag out a whole zone, but still keep this AA ability useful to some extent.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

Sounds like option 2 then :) Nerf mages beams down to 6 but make them instant cast. (ya, I'm being kinda silly here but 6 vs 12 choice involves more variables then just the number of targets it hits.)
  16. Trow Journeyman

A better fix would have been to keep everything the same but limit to 12 targets. Or better yet reduce the range on it even more to make it more of a challenge. The 50% endurance increase really seems pointless given that bards already have a hard time not running out of it.
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Funky Augur

i disagree... there are TONs of times on raids or even grouping i run out of endurance on my bard.... and the other thing being if you die, only way you're getting endurance back is from Rally.. but that's 30sec you have to just stand there and look pretty... then if you die again.. you can't use rally again yet.. you're just boned and can't use VS or BB
  18. That0neguy Augur

Curious as to why the vet AA's were deemed too powerful and out of era, yet Glyphs still exist. :confused:
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I mean, at least they didn't fix targetted AEs like Denon's Desperate Dirge hitting unlimited targets instead of the originally intended 4 right?
    That0neguy likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Same here. On my group bard I Bellow every mob, even though they often don't live long enough for the big boom.