Weapon Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eezey, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Funky Augur

but lately there hasn't hardly been any guide events going on or at least never during the time that i've been online... idk if it's the lack of guides around these days or whatever
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  2. yosco Augur

I only sometimes see guides during the winter or summer events.... otherwise, I never see them, and I'm online most days during EST prime time.
  3. Funky Augur

that's the main time i ever see guides... around holiday events... beyond that.. its far and few in between
  4. Scorrpio Augur

Or even better, the way Lord of the Rings Online does it. Any item(armor/weapon) can be equipped 'cosmetically'. So whatever you actually wearing/wielding, cosmetic stuff overwrites the look.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Raccoo Augur

There is usually at least a guide event every week or two on Cazic-Thule server, but I think it is usually later in the day (maybe close to midnight EDT). There was actually one last night, but I didn't go to it. Most of the time I only see 2-3 players go to them. I go to them maybe every other time, cause I like ornaments, free illusion potions, and sometimes a rare 16 slot bag!
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  6. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Wtb Bulwark of Bravery ornament!!
  7. KarmaKitty Augur

Basically the same on BB. However, they don't update their web page. Usually in the evening MST.
    Usually when I'm in the middle of something. I received illusion potions and ornaments the last time
    I participated, so sounds like a standard reward. I'm sure they are restricted in what they can give out.
  8. Fooba Augur

9. LDEffectsMe Augur

I would like to see EQ release "heritage weapon packs" from each era. Take the popular items from Classic, rework the models to be HD and nice looking, then pack them together like they do the racial crates... Then do Kunark, Velious... Imagine all those cool velium weapons remade... Black Blade of Tormenting, etc... Like, keep the original "direction" but make them look like modern graphics.
  10. Sathayorn Augur

Last guide event I took part in was a stupid amount of farming for some (10?) NO TRADE (On Firiona Vie no less) illusion potions. We spent like two hours slaughtering grey mobs in innovation for rare drops to get these potions. Guide events are really hit/miss.

Made enough off of trash loot to get twice as many potions out of the Bazaar, just sayin'.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Best solution for ornaments would be to implement a dressing room tab on the inventory screen. Anything you place there is set as your appearance, but ignores the stats.
  12. Traxen Lorekeeper

Brutish Blade of Balance. Always liked it.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I stopped playing EQ but I still peek at the forums to see if they are doing anything that might bring me back...so far the last two updates and the one coming up, are doing a fine job at NOT taking me back...

Anyway on to topic of weapon ornaments, FF14 has a glamor dresser you can put any weapon/armor into and you can turn whatever your wearing into said ornament / glamor...this could be implemented into EQ but...they won't cause....because.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

Miss you buddy
  15. Verily Tjark Augur

The ones who do events cover more than one server. Riviere does them on BB and also on Emarr and maybe Bertoxx
    Funky likes this.
  16. Leigo You come here often?

Glamours in eq would be amazing!
  17. Shard New Member

How about a candy cane weapons ornament for December?