Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 9, 2019.

1. taliefer Augur

since you just admitted the company regrets selling them, and after these vet reward changes i regret buying, can i get a refund on my lifetime membership? seems like a win win for both parties.
  2. Bowdeen Elder

So.. You're going to punish me for playing all these years by not letting me reclaim the abilities that my account has earned?
    Veteran AA's were announced back in April of 2005:
    "Good News for Veteran EQ players!
    As part of EverQuest's 6th Anniversary celebration, the game team is giving current EQ players (based on your total subscription length) one special Veteran Reward for every year that you've been an active EverQuest subscriber! This is very good news for six year vets! It means that you'll be getting six Veteran Rewards!
    Veteran Rewards are as follows:
    1 year - Lesson of the Devoted: A character will gain double-XP for 30-minutes every 24 hours. When this reward is in effect, the character will be surrounded by a special blue-white glow.
    2 years - Infusion of the Faithful: This reward grants increased run speed for 15 minutes once every 24 hours.
    3 years - Chaotic Jester: Once every 24 hours, a character can summon a Bristlebane puppet for 15 minutes. During that time, the puppet randomly casts various spells that provide benefits or minor penalties.
    4 years - Expedient Recovery: Once a week, this "Back to New" reward summons all of a player's corpses back to him, and gives back all XP that was on the corpses.
    5 years - Steadfast Servant: Once every 24 hours, a creature is summoned that stays in the area for a half hour, buffing and healing player characters nearby.
    6 years - Staunch Recovery: Once every three days, a character is healed back to full health, mana, and endurance.
    7 years - Intensity of the Resolute: Once every 24 hours, a character's melee attacks, damage spells and heals are increased for five minutes. When this reward is in effect, the character will be surrounded by a glow of energy."

They don't trivialize these events, which are ALREADY trivial because of the power changes made throughout the years. The only thing they add is convenience.

"Oh, you just got that cool new aug from XYZ raid mob? Summon your permutation peddler!". "Ah man, I left my mirrored mask in the bank. Can anyone summon a banker?".

I get that you're trying to recreate the "original feel" by restricting the abilities to the expansions they would've been available in at the absolute earliest, but you're doing nothing but alienating your playerbase that has remained dedicated all of these years.

Please. Realize that this is a bad change, and don't push it out to the live servers.
    ajschliewe likes this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

***Items***
    - You forgot to add aneuk eye to other aneuk mobs.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok at this point I think a dev needs to clarify the Vet rewards thing - it will not affect live since on live all expansions are already released.

This vet reward change is for TLP. So the players know which expansion release will allow them which Vet reward if their account is old enough.

Edit - my bad I see the dev did clarify.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Please Please Please reconsider what was suggested above, either make the Vet rewards AFTER Coirnav reaches DoN, tie them to GoD or bump up the xp on Coirnav. This is really the only server getting shafted by this since the rest are past it and Mangler is so far away. LoTD has been a tremendous boon for the server and even people who have never played on other servers but have been on Coirnav for at least a year have been benefiting from it!
  6. Xanathol Augur

There's no 'class warfare' in it - the notes highlighted a class obtaining an ability since it was one of the few classes without it; along that line, I highlighted another that fit that category. Rather simple.
  7. Falover New Member

Why does DBG think nerfing veteran rewards on TLP is a good idea? Seriously, taking things already given has driven me from this game many times over the years yet DBG keeps making the same mistakes. Try fixing actual problems rather than nerfing established perks.
    Taking the halfling xp bonus while leaving frontal stun immunity and other race benefits alone was also bad policy. Stop screwing up the game.

8. Aziuno Augur

I understand the logic of restricting the AA's behind certain expansions, some of them really trivialize early era content like Armor of Experience.

You do realize that Glyphs also trivialize content in the same way, at Luclin/PoP Era?

I also have a side question, why is there still a restriction on how many characters on an account can claim the Vet AA? Removing this invisible (and non refundable number) may help alleviate some of the hostility this change is causing.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. RPoo Augur

Best burn all week!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

If I can no longer run through a huge swarm of low level mobs and blow them up with riposites because they only miss me then I don't think this game is still playable.

[IMG]

Dzarn is bugs bunny irl.

My bard after one fight with this change
    [IMG]
    Froger, Dythan and Funky like this.
  11. kizant Augur

It is an interesting patch. Arcane Fusion got what sounded like an upgrade in the notes but it turned out to be nothing. Mages stole another ability from Wizards. But then the riposte change turned out to be really nice. On top of that it'll be entertaining next week once the 98% of players who don't read the forum find out.
    RPoo likes this.
  12. JeffHanson Augur

EQ Dev said:
    “- Necromancer - Summon Remains now consumes 4 Tiny Jade Inlaid Coffins when cast.”

JeffHanson said:
    “Does this change serve some purpose? It seems to be nothing but an unnecessary annoyance.”

It would have been shorter to just say "Yes, this is nothing but an unnecessary annoyance."
    Tiane and Zanarnar like this.
  13. strongbus Augur

if your going make the change to summon remains. can you refund call to corpse or give it level or 2 to make it work on 110 toons. or 115. at 105 max its has no use atm.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Allayna Augur

Fair enough. The last time I actively used it was the RoS raid: End of Empire against the meteors. It is flagged, at least by EQ Raid Loot as unreflectable, unresistable, sanctification: no....yet paladins would be the only ones left standing upon multiple meteors with a missed shield click....why? Because we would activate shield of brilliance.

As to the rest of what I quoted, I think the player base would appreciate a "direction" post, maybe it doesn't have to be with the patch notes, but then people might understand why change xyz is made.

My larger issue with making an active ability a passive AA on a tank is that tanks are supposed to be active, reactive, etc...not rely on a "maybe" from RNG. In our guild we refer to shield of brilliance/shield flash combo as ghetto deflection.
    Mintalie likes this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

It's irrelevant to the live servers. They have unlocked every expansion.

TLP servers, get the abilities when they would enter the world based on expansion.
  16. Wulfhere Augur

Gone are the days of single attacking with a 50 delay Rusty Two Handed Sword :D

For the players, it's just another melee swarm nerf. Eliminating the ability to riposte misses will have a huge impact on swarming grey con mobs whom almost always miss, and to a much lesser degree experience mobs.

ps: I do recall a somewhat recent patch that enabled grey cons to have a better non-zero chance of hitting you.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

It's not about applicable spell volume, rather critical importance. I use Shield of Brilliance against (group game) NPC that can charm or mez primarily. Smartly timed use has allowed me to kill mobs that would otherwise be hard to impossible (to solo) otherwise. Doing hunter achievements and killing those mobs is not "niche" and I think it deserves to be kept as an activated AA.

In fact, if you were to ask, I would say please add AA ranks to reduce the recast time so that I could use that hot button more then once per fight. As it stands now, I have to hit it on engage because NPC that charm/mez cast it early and often. Then I have to also burn it dead before SoB (and then Sanctification) wears off and the NPC recasts when I'm defenseless.

ps: your associated reflect fixes will be well received tough, thanks.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Inga Elder

Summon Corpse (Call to Corpse) rank 9/9 casts level 106 spell Shadereaper's Proclamation on test server;).
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Strongly oppose the TLP veteran rewards nerf.
  20. yosco Augur

This needs further investigation. While swapping the calculations seems insignificant (other than ripo damage inflicted), something else is going on potentially related to this that is increasing significantly the amount of damage toons are receiving. I logged into test on another account to see to what degree this will impact me, and i was taking a ton more damage. Things I could tank before easily solo were beating the crap out of me.

I guess I could try to pull my logs to show you, but the bottom line is this needs more testing. Something else was broken under the hood or whatever.