vet aa Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Sep 11, 2019.

1. taliefer Augur

so with the next patch essentially all vet rewards will be relegated to DoN and beyond, rather than Gates as it stands now.

any reason for this change? the guild lobby was specifically made available early on TLPs so that players could use the Throne of Heroes ability.

This kind of change just seems weird. i think it angers me more than it really should, but i just dont understand the inconsistencies.
    Tymeless likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes, @devs please re-consider this. Coirnav is the only sever that will have the rewards clawed back, every other live server has them, every other TLP has them and had them in this era. Our XP rate is very poor already and Mangler being a Coirnav clone with way better xp didnt help our population, taking away LOTD is just kicking us when we're already down. Either delay this change until Coirnav reaches DoN or please bump up the xp a bit.
    Tymeless likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you think we needed a second thread on this exact subject?
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

The other one I saw appears to have poofed, is there a 3rd?
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Probably because of the OP's forum name. I think DBG got the picture, though.
  6. taliefer Augur

this is the only thread i see on the subject, and yes, i think it warrants its own thread
    Tymeless likes this.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

The other thread was removed because of OP's name. This thread is fine for the time being since it is the only remaining thread.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  8. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Tali, devs don’t care about Coirnav bro. It’s in Fippy status at this point. Mangler will probably be in the same spot come March.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

there has been a move towards removal of fun things for a while now, it started with moving golden idols to Luclin. Or at least that's the one I noticed first, and this is only the most recent change. Will we be moving Origin on TLPs to only come out when the expansion it originally came out with is released? Kind of feels like nothing is safe now.
    Tymeless likes this.
  10. AtomicBlaze1 New Member

I hate that your removing Vet AA on Coirnav after we already have them. It is horrible idea, I hope that you change your mind on this. You are just going to make more people quit the game.
    Tymeless and Dahaman like this.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Few oddities like this lately, i.e. removing focus effects that motm has always been balanced around, idols, cultural has had an odd history on these servers, etc.

It's kind of hard to understand the driving force behind these changes, like what the end goal actually is.
    Tymeless likes this.
  12. Vexn Elder

Same. Will definitely be less incline to log in and play the game if you remove a veteran perk I've had for EVERY TLP and live for years.

Basically just spitting in the face of your player base with this change for no good reason. :mad:
    Tymeless and Hateseeker like this.
  13. -xeus- New Member

daybreak Please reconsider this change. This is to reward people for paying for an account for a very long time, and you are punishing people for it now.

I think those rewards have nothing to do with progression, and everything to do with the account.
    Tymeless likes this.
  14. Ginix Augur

Just make sure you remove potions and all that out of era stuff from your cash shop too if you are trying to make things more era appropriate.

Pretty brain dead of you devs to target quality of life changes to players who have supported this game for YEARS but not surprising.
  15. Koniku Elder

But the only reason to remove them is to reintroduce them as cash shop items :rolleyes:
  16. Zanarnar Augur

OK so re-typing my post from the last thread....

Why use a scalpel when a bazooka will do, right DBG?

The vet rewards that seem to be the issue here are Infusion/Intensity/Armor. The rest are convenience abilities for the most part. Why not simply restrict those 3 to DON, and leave the rest alone? Or even better, implement a way to reduce their functionality until DON, leaving them available in some reduced, balanced, form. However even the former is better then your current course of action.

I'm very disappointed.
    Tymeless and Yinla like this.
  17. Dahaman Augur

* Why are they removing all vet rewards from Coirnav specifically and not refunding the vet reward? Coirnav is the only server to lose ALL vet rewards after having spent the vet reward cost.

* Why are they breaking the covenant that Coirnav was to have the same XP rate system as Phinny? Removing the Lesson of the Devoted button from Coirnav is a HUGE change to the negative.

* Why are they specifically targeting their lowest XP rate server as the only server to suffer the loss of Lesson of the Devoted? Kicking a server when they are down... ouch!

These are not grievances about the changes. They are grievances about the timing of the changes. Someone waited until after Selos hit DON to implement these. Favoritism? They would wait until after Coirnav hit DON if they wanted to be fair.

Paraphrasing Monty Python...

Coirnav: "Come see the bias inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
    DBG: "Bloody (coirnav) peasant!"

Please consider. Cheers!
  18. Funky Augur

TLP screaming, " Ahhhh my precious vet AA!! quick what can we take advantage of and get altered that will disrupt the good things on live because these are not the glory days"
  19. Darkhain Elder

Only thing I'd like to keep is Lesson of the Devoted...
    Dahaman likes this.
  20. Krezzy Augur

Players have some uncertainty about this.

1. If VetAA claims are the only thing affected, the cat's already out of the bag for Coirnav, and nothing really changes for the players remaining on that server.

2. If VetAAs themselves get rolled back, this becomes a huge headache for DBG and the Coirnav player base. Not only would DBG have to go through the effort of updating the server's characters; they'd also needlessly anger the player base, and probably turn the server population to dust.

"Big deal, the server's already dead!" the rest of the TLP community might think -- and they'd be mostly correct. This raises the point, though, of why go through all the effort involved in a rollback if the impact is minimal and decidedly negative?

Some developer feedback on this is needed, please! Could we please hear which of the two options DBG is going with?
    Dahaman and Tymeless like this.