Test Update 09/10/2019 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Just a guess, but it would seem that would be an intentional change to swarming.

2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

While your cleaning up the AAs, can you take a look at the EOK AAs, a lot of new AA lines were added in that expansion with the back fill for lower level ranks linked to EOK. If at all possible could all AAs with a requiremnent of under level 105 be moved and associated with the expansion for that level so they get autogranted while they are relevant.

Currently the auto grant only does up to TDS, next expanion I asume will auto grant TBM, but it will be another year before the mass of EOK AAs get granted.

Failing that can you do something like a higher AA rate for those with a low AA count to help them catch up. The auto grant is less than half the AAs needed to max out and with a level expanion the next one will be another AA heavy expansion which will push them even further behind.

I've seen friends quit because there is no way they can catch up.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you're using GamParse for that, it won't give you accurate numbers. It is programmed with the current combat order, trying to parse with a different combat order isn't going to be correct.
  4. Grabatz Lorekeeper

Can someone (preferably a dev) kindly explain what the reasoning behind this is and what the actual consequences are?
    For me it sounds like a missed attack does not open a chance for a counter attack anymore. This seems to defy logic.
    But maybe i am overinterpreting this small sentence.
    svann likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

What next magicians having to carry around stacks of pearls again for Call of the hero AA to function ?

Devs you are just making me scratch my head with these changes.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How is this going to impact Journeyman's Compass in which those visitations are needed to advance the compass?
  7. Funky Augur

if you look at the achievement, you'll find certain houses/zones you have to go to.. with some being listed "optional", you can get the achievement by doing the main zones without having a check in every single box. its a big help for those on servers that nobody has some of the fancy houses.

for example i believe The Buried Sea has many zones connected that are not required for traveler achievement
  8. Funky Augur

ha, you'll still be here... but this does suck... if they changed Shout and Bellow to being a DD or reduce the time it takes for the debuff to wear off for the ending damage... this change wouldn't bother me.. but now limiting to 6 mobs and increase the endurance when bards are the worst in game as far as getting mana/endurance back... this is a real kick in the
    Elyssanda and Allayna like this.
  9. Metapsyche Augur

100% speculation, but I would assume the change to hit/miss/parry/riposte order will mainly affect mobs that are significantly lower level than you (swarming and afk riposte farming). I could also see a very slight nerf to riposte damage on current content?
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What I actually meant was if this would carry over correctly to the compass quest or be an adjustment that would need to be made such as the recent "charm" change which affected those mobs that needed to be charmed for epics etc but no longer could due to the change so they had to change that again.

Domino theory
  11. Dahaman Augur

Coirnav was brutalized with the last minute and massive change of Mangler's +100% XP rate. The saving grace (albeit it was 3 months away at that time) was Gates is an unknown XP boost expansion and vet rewards would give the Lesson button. Gates turned out to be only a whopping +20% XP boost. And now you are taking away the Lesson button from Coirnav??? That is just plain cruel!

Coirnav players do NOT deserve this treatment. If you implement this vet reward change, please adjust Coirnav's XP rate to match Mangler's path at least.

The better method would be to alter the vet reward implementation to be less HARSH and more gradual. If the offender vet reward is Intensity in Gates (?), then keep that at DON release but make the rest more gradual.

Example:
    The 1st thru 3rd year ability will be usable with the release of Gates.
    The 4th thru 6th year ability will be usable with the release of Omens.
    The 7th year ability, Intensity of the Resolute, will be usable with the released of Dragons of Norrath.
    <and so on as listed above>

Please meet halfway on this.
  12. Threve New Member

Oh thanks for that, you just had to take more away from bards. We have near NO endurance regen, mediocre damaging abilities and rely on shout as one of our constantly used abilities, even at the cost of using up the endurance. Another shameful nerf to bards.
    Funky, Elyssanda, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  13. Funky Augur

looks like its coming from TLP using it to PL people or something....
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

I don't keep up with live like I use to but to my knowledge and since you mentioned 'only class missing something', it seems fair to mention that of the tank classes, SKs are the only ones with no means to cripple and are the only tank without a hundred hands effect buff / AA / disc - both Warriors and Paladins have both in one form or another. Logically speaking, that is completely backwards.
  15. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Optional zones were never required for Journeyman Compass. Moving the house/guild hall stuff to optional will mean they are not needed … so it should solve the issue completely.
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You have to be kidding about this, right? Cause if we're playing who's missing what, the other tank classes can come really, really hard at SKs.

Get a belt...

...and keep your head down.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Metapsyche like this.
  17. Metapsyche Augur

Let’s keep this to patch note discussion please. Tanks are in a good place. Thanks!
  18. yosco Augur

I'd like to reiterate the request for more information on this change. It seems like this is a very fundamental shift that has potentially far-reaching consequences to how damage is calculated and how various abilities will work. Considering that, what's the background for the change?
  19. Dahaman Augur

Since Coirnav is the only server that is losing all vet reward access on characters already tagged with vet rewards, does this mean that those vet rewards are to be refunded?

Or easier, can you delay this implementation until Coirnav gets to DON? That would be fair.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Allayna Augur

If you are talking about a spell/disc that cripples, pallies don't get one.

We get a ghetto tash spell.

Both paladin and sk get helix (cripple/slow for undead).

All 3 tanks can wear the slow/cripple belts...albeit nerfed.

There are also several SK usable weapons that offer:

Cripple
    Malo
    Slow
    Tash
    Snare

I know because I have them.

Giving SKs a weapon delay reduction AA/disc etc would be insane.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Duder like this.