Next Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MaxTheLion, Sep 10, 2019.

1. MaxTheLion Augur

Even an old dog can learn new tricks. I've learned complaints on these forums lead to changes, so I'm here to cry my heart out and expect results.

I.E.
    Test Update 09/10/2019
    - Bard - Capped the maximum number of opponents that can be hit by Vainglorious Shout to 6 and increased the endurance cost for all ranks of this ability by 50%.
    - Access to Gnome Memorial Mountain requires that the Burning Lands is unlocked on your server.

1) I'm not a Bard and don't have access to one to PL myself but the fact that this was changed due to a few people on Phinny being vocal is laughable and sad. Specially given the reduced time in each expansion and incrementally higher AA required in later expansions.
    2) I 100% expect you to do a server wipe of all equipment gathered from GMM (the way you did during claimgate). As others have pointed out, equipment dropped in these tasks have higher stats and is considered BiS coming from a group zone over raid gathered gear of equal level. It is currently being hoarded by some players and is an unfair advantage in due time.
    3) While we're on the subject of getting nerfs implemented, you need to take a look at a Monk DPS overhaul. With the power creep over the years, Monks currently lead or are near the top of parses through the first 18 expansions of the game. They need to be brought down to be more in line with other melee.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Mostly agree. I don't know what the big deal was.

Don't do that. It'll get you a forum vacation.
  3. Lidjet Journeyman

Bards couldn't keep their swarms in zones without others.. or at a reasonable amount of mobs. Brought it upon themselves.

Welcome nerf. Zones were unplayable.
    Chatoyan, VandilIzer and Boze like this.
  4. Aegir Augur

I'm expecting an abnormal amount of Druids being created on Phinigel at this very moment.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

They nerfed the one fun way to level. Lovely.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

We dont play eq for fun.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

The number of people that lagged out open world zones is ridiculous. It wasn't "a few people", every guild had folks doing it. Well deserved nerf, not sure what y'all expected being so belligerent and blatant with it.
  8. Nessirfiti Augur

This attitude annoys me to no end. "Some people were jerks, so we have to destroy an entire play style!" I've said it before and I'll say it again, before you demand nerfs, figure out how to do conflict resolution. Can't resolve the conflict? go somewhere else. There's a whole list of things you can do that aren't calling for nerfs. But Y'know that's hard and crying on the forums is easy.

TLPs are the worst thing that's ever happened to this game.

Honestly, after this patch goes in, I'm thinking about becoming a mob tour guide. find a VOA zone and kite all the mobs in it around for a few hours. I mean, 90% of them just sit there and wait to be killed, they should be shown the zone they live in. and because I'm not killing them I can pull the entire zone without too much issue. It'll be great fun.
  9. Silver-Crow Augur

A hugely disappointing Nerf to bards everywhere, considering that this has been a valid game play tactic for years. With the extra endurance cost too, they'll be lucky to kill anything before endurance runs out.

I think they would have been better spending time dealing with complaints about bots and griefing going on, on the newer TLP's rather than the wails of a few people on Phinny, who probably didn't even ask the relevant bard to ease back on the pulls.

I guess it's time to complain about wizzy AOE group too....
    Maybe we should just take all AOE out of the game for everyone...
    or lets have all mobs summon to prevent those darn druid kiters
    hmmm... nerf fear too... too powerful if mobs can't hit back
    oh... enchanter charm... yeah lets give it a 30 second duration... being able to charm mobs long term is wayyyy to powerful
    Bst Pets... yeah mages... complain more that the bst pets are too powerful and to nerf bst pets down to necro level

As for that wall in plane of fire... nerf lev in zone :rolleyes:

knee jerk reactions are always badly received.
    This change is off the scale as far as knee jerks go.
    Graethos likes this.
  10. Religious Elder

I for one don't have a problem with the Hit cap being put in place, though I do feel it should be at least 8 rather than 6. What I find ridiculous is that on top of the Hit cap, they're increasing the END cost by 50%. The first change already gutted the ability, what purpose is there in further destroying it.
    Allayna likes this.
  11. Funky Augur

facts! im suprised they haven't done something about enchanter stun bubble a massive amount of mobs to PL with a wizard (in the deep for example)

but of course... every time a bard gets something nice, it gets nerfed into the dirt.

sure would be nice if the TLP servers were standalone and could have all their nerfs/fixes implemented without it breaking half of the stuff on live. seems TLP is the only ones abusing abilities and crying about everything being done there... but.. "lets play TLP because i want to play classic".. while it's about as far from classic EQ as you can get.
    Cailen, Nessirfiti and Allayna like this.
  12. Lidjet Journeyman

Bards were kiting in zones where people were actively trying to quest , progress through the expansion.

We couldnt just go to a different zone, those were the zones we needed to be in to progress through the expansion. Literally took 15 secs to pull any mobs.. pets literally just ran in circles, couldn't attack mobs. It was game breaking. The picks never spawned either so we couldnt just switch to another pick.

Yeah, nerf sucks.. Id prefer daybreak to just fix the main issue. (the lag).. I guess this was the easiest solution for them.

Also the fact that people keep saying that we play TLPs because we want the classic experience is just false. I play TLP because I want to experience content I missed. Who the hell wants to play Classic more than once? Nostalgia only last so long.

I also agree.. 12 mobs seems like a fair balance. 6 seems too far.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Machin Shin still around, eh? Impressive. I haven't played on Xegony in years but it was my home for about 15 years.
  14. Nessirfiti Augur

Nevermind. I'm overly annoyed at this.
  15. Kandarad New Member

This is amazing all they crying over a much needed change. So to clear some things up for the salty bards haven't been doing this for years. Not even two to be exact(dec 2017) This was added to bards to give them a boost, not as a means to act like jackwagons and lag out entire servers being idiots. The change doesn't take away any play ability from the class. It will only negatively affect people abusing the system. For example my level 95th level bard on phinny has 53k endurance. That means at a 50% cost increase (3800 currently) i can still blast off the shout freaking 9 times before depleting my end pool.This is as a group geared bot.

A hugely disappointing Nerf to bards everywhere, considering that this has been a valid game play tactic for years. With the extra endurance cost too, they'll be lucky to kill anything before endurance runs out.

so like this guy trying to make the case that a valuable tool has been taken away from poor raid bards. Hehehehe . Like omg becky you might have to fade and med two mins in the guild pool before doing it all over again. Bards suck now!!!!

I think they would have been better spending time dealing with complaints about bots and griefing going on, on the newer TLP's rather than the wails of a few people on Phinny, who probably didn't even ask the relevant bard to ease back on the pulls.

Oh this is another brilliant idea!! And while we are at it lets ask all the afk autopulling bot groups to stop monopolizing camps 24/7 . Cause people who blatantly exploit loopholes are such swell people and care about the negative effects of said behaviors.
    Boze likes this.
  16. Popple New Member

So happy for these changes especially the ones to VG. Good to see! Thank you!
    Boze likes this.
  17. VandilIzer Augur

I have been a vocal opponent of the AE swarming bards on Phinny, they are/were destroying entire areas of the server and I know of several people who quit the game because they were unable to play in zones they needed quests for, our population is already fairly low, pissing people off to the point of quitting just hurts the long term health of the server even more.

The idea "you can go somewhere else" is BS, 1 person or set of people shouldn't be able to force out the rest of the server from a zone because they are kiting so many mobs at once the entire thing lags out to a unplayable point. These bard players also could have gone to different zones or older zones or done it in off hours where no one else was in the area and literally no one would have cared and it never would have even been brought to DBG's attention.

As for conflict resolution I tried talking to bards in zones I was in questing or grouping while this was going on, I tried talking to guild leaders and I tried reasoning with both about just managing pulls to where it didn't lag, they blew me off or ignored me. So yeah, you are getting what you deserve, you made the server worse, got the rest of the place to complain enough to get noticed and DBG probably logged in and saw what was happening and decided to change it.

I didn't post on the forums about it, didn't send PM's to devs etc, I tried to resolve it in game and any of my people doing it I gave all kinds of hell to, but I am not here trying to tell others how to play their game, if they want to F stuff up for everyone else then so be it but when in the end you get hit with the nerf bat because of it to bad so sad I have no sympathy for those players who did this knowing full well how it was damaging others playing experience.

If no one else is in the zone I could give a F what bards do and how many mobs they pull but when you're effecting 20+ other people every time you pull (especially that first week of release where there were 50+ people in valley trying to do progression and 2+ bards AE kiting) then you are bringing the nerf bat down upon you.

Good riddance.
    Chatoyan, Mithra, Lidjet and 2 others like this.
  18. Aegir Augur

Well put, Vandil!
  19. That0neguy Augur

TL in combat nerf says Hai!

Thanks again for that one live servers.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  20. Allayna Augur

That originated from TLP.