Wishes for the next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

base pop in tier 1 zones should be simple mobs with easy pulls, mild abilities, low hp and low damage.

base pop in final tier zones should be difficult mobs with hard pulls, highly threatening abilities and high hp/damage.

I really loved that Veeshan's Peak in RoS was not just time consuming to get into, but also a real threat all the way through. I was hugely disappointed in Mearatas being a loot pinata. Meanwhile Stratos is arguably the most challenging zone in TBL.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I can agree in general... EXCEPT... tier 1 zones should be simple mobs with {snip}, low hp and {snip}. There should be some content in the starting zone for DoT users's as well, and low HP mobs don't support that "well". That said, it should be a MIX. Some "low" (in the terms of low for the expansion...) and some high HP mobs.
    Whulfgar and Duder like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Good point, agree 100%

I'm a bit of an outlier with my stupid optimized six box team but i missed having some really high hp mobs in TBL that i could really plant my feet in and swing on.
  4. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Basepop, trash, normal, static, placeholders whatever you want to call them.

Its your game but look at whats worked time and time again. Most zones having normal mobs with only some very specific mob(s) having the nasty effects. Every mob having deadly nukes, dots, silences, inhibit casting, etc should be reserved for named, the final 1 or 2 zones and quest/mission/special mobs. The other tiers and zones should not have this stuff in mass. This changed in the past few expansions and frankly lots are sick of it which is why GMM was so well received by most.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't see why most mob hp can't be towards the higher end to make dot classes relevant. Just add a bit more exp to them. I don't play any major dot classes but I get the need to make them relevant. BUT when you have high hp mobs you have to then consider their dps and special abilities because the longer a fight the more likely a mobs abilities are going to cause trouble in a fight and overall make the fight much harder.

Though I will admit that higher hp mob encounters even if they give more exp can make things seem slower even if you end up with the same net exp for the same period of time fighting shorter hp mob. Well its easier complain about encounters then to create them :)
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Anyway you look at it you can't draw a fair comparison using a spell that got its first real upgrade in 7 expansions (not counting the raid only from the previous) to others that where upgraded more regularly
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

your logic is why I dropped talking about the lvl 65 ancient.... but for the 68-70 upgrade it's comparing two same-era spells. not comparing the upgrade from previous expansion..... it's not comparing across 7 expansions, it's comparing the group version of the spell to the raid version of the spell from the same era, which is exactly the same type of comparison from TBL group to raid versions. You just don't want to acknowledge it and that's fine. the point is made regardless. to continue arguing with the ignorant is even more of a waste of my time than the original discussion, so have a good day sir.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Fully understand the intention. But the way the game is played right now completely defeats this line of reasoning.

No sane dot user has ever said … hmm … these mobs have too few hit points … I want to spend more time killing them. I will admit there are insane dot users out there … you should ignore them.

EVERY dot class has a multitude of spells available to them, including short duration dots and nukes. You've given every class that casts swarm pets the ability to now move them at will to various mobs. Dot users are fine.

Making more "tough" mobs just means that lower players will ignore them … and so will top end players, because they know that whatever the xp bonus is from killing the high hit point mobs (and remember there is a hard cap for earning) is dwarfed by the ridiculous boost in dps for riposte, killing non-trival mobs, etc. So except for finishing merc/partisan quests, the high hit point mobs will always get ignored. Look at your logs for FM kills.... how many giants vs sarnaks/goblins? 1:10000? 1:1M?

If you want to bring some balance to the starting zones, you will need to deal with riposte and non-trival kill bonuses first. Otherwise you are just making dead areas in zones.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The longer a kill takes the more risk of death there is, I prefer lower HP mobs with less exp, that I can kill multiples in the same amount of time as a single higher HP mob (with higher exp) for the same amount of total exp.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

New shield aug... been since EoK
    Guild trophy again
    Cool mount on raid chest!! (Think undead dire wolf, or Dragon!)

Please for the love that is holy, add in ornaments to raid vendor from day 1! Allow spells to be downgraded from day 1!

A more linear merc/partisan tasks. Doing one in first zone then go to another sone to do another to allow access to another zone to do one then back to start zone to finish them is not fun, zero fun!

I’ll think of more, sure this has been hashed to death!
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree that is why high hp mobs need to be very basic with no fancy moves like aoes or dots that increase the chance of death.
  12. flash000 Augur

just a idea maybe you could toss the idea around for bards to get a aura or song that during ooc regen will reduce recast on aa or disp effects?

its miserable waiting on disp between pulls at camps sometimes .. it wouldnt be game breaking for raids as raid timers lock out ooc regen much longer this would mostly improve grouping.
  13. Angahran Augur

Just an idea, haw about having grey con mobs that are 'ready to attack' actually act as threatening ?
    Basically, they are hostile but scared, if we move out of their area they'll be happy, but if we hang around too long they'll eventually work up the courage to attack.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

BRING BACK HELL LEVELS!!
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Make at least 1 of the levels hard to obtain..
  16. Allayna Augur

109 was a hell level....especially at launch when there was a hybrid exp bug, leaving you unable to get an exp rez.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

109 was not that bad least for warriors.. and the red bug was hot fixed.

I just hope they make 114 take as long as 111 through 113 combined.
  18. Brohg Augur

Feels like FQ edge-lording.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Feels like how original eq was. LEVELS 52 53 and 54 were all hell levels.. not just a single level..
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Let's..

Make everquest g r e a t .. a g a I n ..

Why that was ** out is beyond me ..